z

Young Writers Society

Advice please! Thank you in advance

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:29 pm
jessiica-x says...

Hey guys well because I know you're all awesome writers on here I thought maybe you could give me a tad of help? Well for my English course I have to read a book, and I picked 'The Time Travelers Wife', it has to inspire me to write a story. So I want it to include time travelling, obviously and romance I just need some suggestion.
Inlcuding - why he time travels, like what triggers it etc.
Thank you, and sorry if people may think I'm cheating :lol:.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:36 pm
AquaMarine says...

Well, if you're looking to be inspired by The Time Traveller's Wife, you probably won't want the MC to be able to travel through time by use of some portal or whatever.

If that's the case, then you could do a number of things, really! You can base it off a disorder they have or something. So it could be a totally involuntary thing in which the MC has no control over when, or where, they go. However, you could also change it so that they can subtly control how they move through time, which would then lead the way for the reasons why the MC wants to go through time, if that makes sense.

I'm sorry if I'm not really helping on this, I'm just randomly spurting out ideas...

PM me if you want any more help!

~Amy
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:02 am
sugarxsnow says...

Shouldn't it be you who is supposed to think about that? You're the writer, after all... we here are just your critics and your readers all at the same time... My advice? Just be spontaneous. Write whatever comes to mind first. And then refine it. And then post it here. And then refine it again, until it becomes a gem of a masterpiece. :D

I hope that helps!

~Kate
"A fish bit my hand this morning, and everything became trippy. Now with this coke and this cherry, I can beautifully rule the world!"

-Dino, @ Dino and Cake's Adventures in La-La Land (Coming Soon)

PS: "Alice in Wonderland" obsessed? You bet.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:23 pm
jessiica-x says...

Yeah, I know that I'm the writer but it's harder having guidelines to stick to when you're used to writing what comes to your mind. Obviously I'm going to write the story I just needed some ideas to inspire me.
Thank you for the help :)

What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculty, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god -- the beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!
— William Shakespeare