z

Young Writers Society

Why do you write?

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:11 am
foxfire says...

Okay, first of all...we love to write. We love to write because its fun but aside from that, why do youw rite? what are you trying to achieve?
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 pm
EDay says...

To me writting is the only place where I don't have to worry about being someone everyone wants me to be. It's a time when I can embrace all my knowledge and explode in emotions. I write to capture moments, and to depict scenery. That's why I write.
liquid sunshine isnt meant to be kept in a jar, but printed onto pages

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:04 pm
Amnien says...

I write because I like being in control. I love being able to be a creator of the world but, in the same time give my characters that I create a sort of "Free Will." Like I create the foundation of the character but my writing makes them who they are.

Also I love being able to create ANYTHING I would like. If I'm one day bored and have a random urge to know what life would be like if I was a orphan or lost in the woods. I can write about it and let my imagination answer my questions.

I LOVE everything writing has to teach and offer to the person that takes the time and imagination to write.
Simply Crazed.

Once you see death up close, then you know what the value of life is. - SAW VI

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 pm
Krupp says...

Writing seems to be my natural gift. I'm just a storyteller. That's why I write. I enjoy telling stories to anyone who wants to listen, though I want to specifically write for guys from the ages of 13-21 and be able to have them identify with some of the themes in my works and help them learn some things about themselves as well.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:42 am
sugarxsnow says...

Writing is an escape from reality. Also, it clears up them plotbunnies. Nasty little buggers, them. Vicious. Keeps you awake late at night, in cold sweat. Try not to release them from your mind, and they make you dream of corpses. Scary, no?

...Well, let's just say I survive life by writing. It's my own personal dose of aspirin. XD
"A fish bit my hand this morning, and everything became trippy. Now with this coke and this cherry, I can beautifully rule the world!"

-Dino, @ Dino and Cake's Adventures in La-La Land (Coming Soon)

PS: "Alice in Wonderland" obsessed? You bet.

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:08 pm
Vanadis says...

I write 'cause I feel like it.

Really! It's a hobby. It's a friend when no one else will be. And a foe, for that matter.

It always gives me something to think about and a way to throw my emotions out there so they can breathe, rather than suffocating, dying, and festering within me.

Insomnia causes posts like this.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:44 pm
Critiq says...

I want to be a god.
Spoiler! :
I like people thinking that I have something so scandalous to say that I put it in spoiler tags, and I'm sorry that because of this selfish desire you were roped into reading this for not real lasting value.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am
Hippie says...

Sometimes writing is a terrible slog, sometimes it's really fun. In any case, I can't not write, or I feel like something's missing. I'd planned not to do any writing in the last half of last year so I could focus on school. A few weeks in I cracked late one night and started on the story idea that had been buzzing around my head for a month or so. I wrote 40k words on that, then 80k on another project. So yeah, I can't help it, even if it's a pain sometimes.
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:20 pm
MagnusBane says...

I write because I love my characters. They're just so... interesting! I never know what they're going to do next, and I love that.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:08 am
Stori says...

I write because I have to do something about things.

Not really an answer. Really, I have all these people (and animals)
living in my head, and what else can I do with them?

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:15 am
MeadowLark says...

I write 'cause I can and want to :D
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:43 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

It's a way to take the scenes and images in my head and place them where I can revisit them. If I wasn't a writer, I think I'd become a movie director (sometimes I still think about becoming one). It also just feels right.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:08 pm
RainWanderer says...

Well, simply of because the love to create. I love to see a universe, a world with its beings evolve in my mind, then turn to reality with my words. It is a very interesting thing to do, and I don't think I will ever be bored with it.
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 pm
tori1234 says...

I write because.....
-I have yet to read the perfect book, and I'm tired of searching and waiting. So I've decided to write my own.
-I like putting myself and people I know into characters and seeing how the react in different situations. It helps me understand things from other peoples' views.
-I like being in control. This is MY world. lol.
-I'm a daydreamer and I like to dream up things that can never happen in real life. It's fun to put these scenarios down on paper, and reread them and change them. (That's why editing is my favorite part. haha.)
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:47 am
surajjangid says...

I wrote becasue it gives me joy, relaxiation and the most important way to my thinking which makes me mad like a scared lion of jungle. I got many comments on my first novel "MY LIFE WITH SOUL" some useful and some jealouyfull from many people. but I replied all I wrote it for world not for your narrow thinking. Writing is my life and life is my experience to write.

Thank you
Suraj
My lust for knowledge can do whatever it wants.

Love is life and life is writing.

Why is my dog your fig father????
— JazzElectrobass