z

Young Writers Society

Why do you write?

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:24 pm
CelticaNoir says...

I write because I want to create. I would've been an artist or a movie director or even a musician if I could, but alas, I have neither the tools nor the experience to do so. :P While my cousin wouldn't agree, creating things is funnnn. :D
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:01 pm
MsBamaMeagan says...

I write because its like away to escape from everything. What ever I feel I write. I write to capture the moments, and I try really hard to capture the moments you cant put into words. I live to write and I write to live, writing is not just a hobby for me, its much more than that. Writing is a way of life. When ever I feel strong emotions I put it into my writing. I write because I cant really describe to people what I'm trying to say or tell them, and I write how I feel and I show them and there amazed that I wrote what I wrote. It's kind of confusing to say why I write. I feel I write because that is why I was put on this earth. I love when someone picks up or reads one of my writings and says " who wrote this" and they go on about how good it is then I proudly say " I wrote this" and there shocked. Those are the moments I live for. Also I like turning a simple word or saying into a poem and I'm hoping one day people will know me for my writings and poetry :smt001 :smt001
Don't forget your unique, your the only true original of your self, don't try to change your self to make others happy because in the end you'll make your self sad.
love your crazy wacky self
don't upset a writer they'll put you in a book and kill you

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:34 pm
curiousvampire says...

I love to write because I'm an only child. Its a lonely being an only child and I live a pretty quiet life with little drama to spice it up. I always had a great imagination- or so my mothers tells me- so when I began to read it was like a dream come true and my mind began to explode all over the place with ideas and I couldn't keep my mind on only one subject at a time so I started to document all my thoughts in a notebook and magically I began my life as a writer forming characters, bending them to my every whim and ultimately become them with subtle ease.Living out my fantasies to put it simply as a warrior,pirate or master thief.Writing is my solace where I could find happiness in.
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm
curiousvampire says...

I love to write because I'm an only child. Its a lonely being an only child and I live a pretty quiet life with little drama to spice it up. I always had a great imagination- or so my mothers tells me- so when I began to read it was like a dream come true and my mind began to explode all over the place with ideas and I couldn't keep my mind on only one subject at a time so I started to document all my thoughts in a notebook and magically I began my life as a writer forming characters, bending them to my every whim and ultimately become them with subtle ease.Living out my fantasies to put it simply as a warrior,pirate or master thief.Writing is my solace where I could find happiness in.
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:01 pm
eldEr says...

I've always wanted to visit a different world, or to make an amazing discovery, know some hidden secret, anything.
Fantasy and hidden qualities of people have always captured my attention. My friends often commented on my ability to figure out a ton about a person by simply watching the way they walk and looking into their eyes. I've always dreamed about that ability somehow landing me in the middle of a discovery of the ages.
I write because it's my change to design my idea of a perfect and exciting world. I'm sort of a thrill seeker, but where I live the thrills are few. :smt002
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:22 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I write to escape from the world. My head wasn't always a safe place but I always had that imaginable part that was and that place was my friend. When my parents were yelling or my dad was in one of his "moods," I hide in my writing (and books, of course). A lot of the things I wrote about were things I could only imagine doing (going to the mall with friends, sleeping over at someone's house that I hadn't know for a while; you know, things a kid, preteen, and teen) should be able to do.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:10 pm
Lilyan says...

Not quite sure. What I've figured out thus far is this: when I was a child I used to play imaginary games with my friends and as I aged, I grew out of it. I think my writing has become that, transformed from it. In all honesty, I couldn't read or write for a while. I was born at six months and had a hard time with development. The doctors thought I was dyslexic and I might be, not sure. Probably not. Anyways, I had the most amazing tutor in first through second grade.

I now write constantly and feel as if I am getting better with each sentence. I write because it is an escape, I have control--somewhat, sometimes I feel as if my brain is shut off and my characters decide.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:32 pm
LookUpThere says...

:shock: :shock: :shock: I don't know...

Now I need to go in search of an epiphany. Thanks alot guys.

------------------------------------------------------

Because no one else listens to me?

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:22 pm
SteviexOctopus says...

I'm a writer. That's what I do, I write. It's just who I am and, though I have tried other things, writing is the one thing that I go back to time and time again.

In a less deep way: it's really fun, allows me to use odd names *namenerd* and have my own adventures. =]
.:~|The Red Ink Emporium!|~:.
"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?"

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:44 pm
Hippie says...

I'd been falling into a bit of a rut with my writing, when someone told me, "think of every moment in your story as a nexus from which any of infinite possibilities could unfold depending on your vision of the story."

That changed the way I go about writing such that I brainstorm heaps of possibilities for each scene and then try and up the ante on all of those possibilities as much as possible, and then choose the best one. That's given me back my will to write because it allows me to write far more interesting things than if I'd just wrote the first thing that came to my mind.
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:18 pm
Ross says...

1. Writing just seems to be the place I can put my emotions into.

2. I can really visualize where I wanna go, what I wanna do. And it's fantastic having that kind of control.

3. I'm just a daydreamer.
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:30 pm
Skorpionne says...

One of the many, many reasons I write is because I enjoy the inspiration bursts. That amazing feeling of "JESUS CHRIST! I'VE GOT IT! I'VE GOT IT!"

Another reason I write is because words are power. Literature has power. Poetry has the power to turn the most mundane object into something of inexplicable beauty. Books and stories have the power to grip someone, and to never let them go until they've read the last letter of the the last word of the last sentence of the last paragraph of the last page.

Writing can be the most powerful thing in the world if done well.
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:18 am
Mochi says...

I write because I need to get it out. Everything, just everything, out out out. Any of my violent thoughts, they go into my violent characters. I can kill without being charged for murder. I can experience the life of a hero, or a villain, or someone in between without leaving my room. But everything in my head, everything is just there. I need to get it out, to make sense of it before it ends up somewhere else. And the result might be less... pleasing.
Vous trouvez l'océan trop clair, trop noir, trop bleu ;
Vous détestez le ciel parce qu'il montre Dieu ;
-Victor Hugo «À ceux qui sont petits»

Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.
— Homer Simpson