z

Young Writers Society

What's Your Writing Style?

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 pm
CreativeFreak says...

Hello, all! Call me Freak, Fry, CF, etc, whatever you want except something that will hurt my feelings x)

Anyway, I was bored so I decided to log in and ask this question to cure my curiosity for other writing styles.

The way I write is...more..original I guess. I repeat a whole bunch and I have trouble keeping a rhythm in my poems. My stories are completely bland! xD I don't mind of course, I'm more of a poet. I like complex poems that interest me throughout the whole thing, and like figuring out metaphors, of course I don't really use any. My photography (that I haven't posted yet) is always dramatic (grays, dark reds, blues, etc), and is always sort of a side view.

So tell me. What is your style for whatever you post on this website?! PLEASE! :thud:

:smt005
Write on.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:45 am
Snoink says...

*Moved to Writer's Corner*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:06 am
foxfire says...

I usually write novels and short stories. I write stories by depicting the setting and the surroundings. This is because i would love to create an imagery to the reader like they are viewing a movie. As well, i also used figures of speech such as similes and metaphors to make my story have a poetic feeling.
Also details are a key for me. I usually do not tell a certain aspect but give clues to the reader to solve. For example, in my story," Letters to an angel" one character is a guardian angel. But i do not tell the reader through dialogues or plain narrative that she is an angel. Instead, i give clues or mixed dialogues for the reader to know that she is an angel. Even the past, i tend to let the reader figure it out.
I usually create story that are realistic but at the same time surreal...like a dream.
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

Random avatar

Reviews: 110
Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:22 am
Karsten says...

My writing is pretty dark. I like violence and conflict and drama. Snappy dialogue. Fight scenes. Sarcasm. :D

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:25 pm
View Likes
Critiq says...

My writing style in a no holds barred drunken brawl between two jet-lagged communists who each think the other is a fascist that had an affair with their girlfriends who are really their mothers in a metaphorical way and beat each other up by metaphorically beating themselves up until their girlfriends nuke them for the betterment of mankind but they were conditioned by fascists so its not really their fault.
Spoiler! :
I like people thinking that I have something so scandalous to say that I put it in spoiler tags, and I'm sorry that because of this selfish desire you were roped into reading this for not real lasting value.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 pm
Kamas says...

A rushed mess if you ask me, I'll stick to poetry.
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:18 am
Krupp says...

I tend to focus more on mood and heavy emphasis on character's emotions. To me, if you're not feeling the mood, then the story won't be nearly as gripping as it should be.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:24 am
Meep says...

I write simple stories about characters going about their daily lives, most of the time. Slice of life, if you will, if your life happens to take place in a weird multiverse. I prefer small, character-centric stories to huge, world-saving epics, though if the characters happen to save the world as part of their daily life, that's cool, too.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:03 pm
Stori says...

I tend to not plan anything at all. When I do write, it tends to
be dialog-centered with a bit of description/action thrown in.

Reviews: 3
Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:30 pm
Livia says...

My writing style is usually inquisitive with bunch of smart alecky jokes thrown in at random times. I usually like to address the audience, and I've realized people like that.

I usually plan quite a bit before I write, also.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:31 am
Dradian Far Runes says...

My writing style is fundamentally creative, and focused and depth and emotion. As well as being (hopefully!!) poignant, in general. ^-^

-Realms
They say the eyes
Are windows to the soul
I say the earth
The sky
The moon
The very breath upon my lips
All of these
Are windows
To you

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:49 am
pinkangel54123 says...

I like to describe my writing style as unplanned artistic chaos thrown onto paper that somehow makes sense to everyone but me. I'm not the best at judging my own writing so I rewrite and rewrite and rewrite again until I think it sounds pretty enough. But I only do that when I'm writing stories. Poems are naturally easier but I can't sit down and try to write one since they usually only come after the sun goes down. It usually write poetry to ease myself into sleep or flush out all of my worrying. When I write stories, I struggle to make them less than 6 pages. I just have the need to make sure it's completely developed like a movie. I've talked enough...

-Danie
Want a heavenly review?

GENERATION 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:19 am
Kale says...

I pride myself on my versatility: if there is a style or form out there, I can probably emulate it. Some of my works are planned, others are spontaneous, and others start out one way but mutate to the other.

In general, I prize concision, characterization, and proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. Redundancies are things I do my best to avoid, though I will employ repetition. I am of the belief that all descriptions should be tangible and easy to envision, and that good, precise descriptions are much better than description overload. Also, most of my works have multiple layers, all of which I try to make enjoyable, even if the reader is unaware of the other layers. Also, the flow of words is important to me; flow makes reading or listening to something pleasurable, and I want my work to bring pleasure.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:24 pm
Stori says...

Karsten-- you sound like you might enjoy Maximum Ride. XD

Edit: I didn't just come here to say that.
Usually I tend to try to avoid "layers" which just make you
think "Arrgh! No fun!"

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:34 pm
Krupp says...

Critiq wrote:My writing style in a no holds barred drunken brawl between two jet-lagged communists who each think the other is a fascist that had an affair with their girlfriends who are really their mothers in a metaphorical way and beat each other up by metaphorically beating themselves up until their girlfriends nuke them for the betterment of mankind but they were conditioned by fascists so its not really their fault.

Best. Description. Ever.

For me, I tend to focus on mood and the atmosphere of a scene more than anything. After that, it's definitely the emotional depth of the characters I try to get going. I'm more into getting people into the worlds I'm creating than anything else.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

I'm getting nachos~
— BluesClues