z

Young Writers Society

A Question...

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:00 am
MKate says...

I'm a newbie on the YWS, :D, and I've been looking around at all the forums and enjoying reading the questions people ask and seeing everyone's answers.

One of the things I usually see on the forums is the following: "NaNoWriMo"

And my question is...

What is "NaNoWriMo"?!!
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:24 am
Kamas says...

NaNoWriMo is during the month of November, through the entire month people far and wide challenge themselves to write I believe 50,000 words of a novel. It's quite the challenge but a rewarding experience, though the writing itself doesn't turn out very good.

:D I hope that answers your question.

If you have anymore questions you can PM anytime.

Kamas
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:46 am
Rosendorn says...

Kamas got it right. ^^ The full name is "National Novel Writing Month" which is shortened to "NaNoWriMo" or "NaNo."
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:49 pm
MKate says...

Wow, I had no idea! What a cool contest- I think the most I've ever written in anything was a lousy 10,000 words. :lol:

Thanks for telling me, that lifts the mist somewhat!
"Don't say 'the old lady screamed'- bring her on and let her scream." -Mark Twain

Writing is like traveling- you never know what's going to happen until you get there.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:50 am
ButterFlyInk says...

http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/whatisnano
this link should explain everything you need to know :)

and welcome to YWS MKate, I hope you like it here. :D
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic