z

Young Writers Society

Dragon Master: Return of the Dragons (Synopsis)

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:35 am
DakotaK says...

*Author's Note:* I wrote this story called Dragon Master: Return of the Dragons like three or four years ago. It's part of a trilogy. The 1st and 2nd books are written and the 3rd one is in progress. The first two have a word count longer than Harry Potter. I suck at writing synopsis's so I was wondering if you could read this attempt at a synopsis and give me any info on it. The main thing: Is it intriguing?
Genre: Adventure/Fantasy/Young Adult

Dragon Master: Return of the Dragons (Synopsis)

Zavier heard the scream; he knew it was her. Imari.
“I want you to know, Zavier, that no matter what happens, no matter what you say or do, I will always love you with all of my heart. I will never forget what you have done for me. Remember; a heart sees deeper than ever a stone.”
Zavier’s dreams are continually haunted by a mysterious woman (Imari) and her dying sister (Savy) as the cursed pair call on him for help. Biden by the secret love he knows is theirs’, Zavier sets off on an extraordinary journey to save the young woman he has only seen in his dreams.
With the help of Victor, a renounced Wizard, Timmy, a crippled boy with a haunted past, and Sienna, a powerful black dragon from the mountains, Zavier begins his quest to find the cursed twins. Racing against time, Zavier knows the girls are doomed to a merciless death and he is the only one that can save them; he is the only one who knows them. Bound in deadly curses, the girls struggle to remember themselves before they lose their souls forever.
As the small group travels to a mysterious palace in hopes of answers and a cure, they are tricked and end up getting trapped within time. Awakening to find ten years have evaporated from the world around them, Zavier knows all hope of rescuing the young woman he gave his heart to has vanished.
Narrowly escaping death, Zavier struggles to gain control of the untamed dragon magic that courses through his veins like fire. The magic is a gift from Sienna, the dragon who bonded to him. He must overcome his lust for fire and his fear of the wily and uncontrollable magic in order to use it to defeat Gazenlag, a wizard intent on destroying the world and controlling the dragons.
Slowly and painfully Zavier learns that the stone that bears the mark of his bonding to Sienna and what it brings is more of a curse than a blessing. He finds himself caught in the middle of a rapidly tilting love triangle; one that is ready to catapult him into his worst nightmares as he forsakes the girl he loves. As he fights the hardest battle of his life, he must face his most deadly opponent; himself.

After rescuing Becca, a young and beautiful woman from a distant land, she becomes his traveling companion in his lonesome journey to the hatching grounds of the Dragons. As time passes, he discovers his overpowering feelings toward her. Soon she grows closer and closer to his heart and he doubts where his loyalties lie as he struggles to discern which woman his heart truly belongs to. The magic forces around him and the properties of his stone, force him to make the decision to choose or die. As he looks into deaths gaping jaws, his true feelings are recovered when lies are revealed. Imari’s love is the only thing that prevents him from falling over the endless precipice of no return.
At last giving his love to the young witch Imari, Zavier must in turn fulfill an ancient prophecy and sacrifice Becca at the summit of the Monks sacrificial hill beside the sea. Still feeling the residue of his overpowering love for the woman, as fake as it truly was, how can he force himself to place his sword between her ribs and murder her? Zavier knows it is the only way for him to protect the dragons from Gazenlag in their weakened state, and so he at last murders the woman he once found himself so entranced with.
A tear made in the world long ago has been breached, and evil lurks around every turn as Zavier prepares to battle against Gazenlag; the wizard whose soul long ago was warped into something beyond human. But even as the unavoidable battle approaches, Zavier must rise to fill his destiny as Dragonmaster and protect the last five dragons that lie dormant in the earth. The hatchlings are about to awake to a world that is lurking in wait for them, intent on destroying their souls and freedom.
Together with a fellow Dragonrider (Brayden), Zavier travels to the extreme climates of the Eastern Ice Dragons in search of a mate for his beloved dragon. Sienna is slowly dying from the anguish of ancient laws and rites restricting her as royalty from being with another dragon. In a world of frozen beauty they know their chances of finding life in the graveyard of a once flourishing species is nigh impossible. After a perilous turn of events, and Brayden’s death, the Prince of the Ice Dragons rescues them and agrees to return with them to the west and to Sienna. But their arrival is anything but welcomed as Sienna aggressively rejects the prince and falls into the hands of the power-hungry Gazenlag.

Zavier must find a balance for the world and his soul if he can ever accomplish the feat of destroying Gazenlag and his evil master Serpentine, in hopes of rescuing Sienna. But as the extinction of the last dragons looms ever nearer and Gazenlag steals two of the last hatchling dragons, Zavier loses hope that the dragons will ever return to the Diamond Rhombus and that the world will be destroyed. Despite his fear’s, Zavier pursues onward and in a final confrontation, kills Serpentine and returns Gazenlag’s soul to its previous state.
Zavier is at last reunited with Imari and Sienna in a time of peace, though he feels the world is still in grave danger. For in destroying his arch enemy Gazenlag, Zavier awoke the dormant soul of Sabor; a being who is brother to the dragons and immortal, has only the deepest and darkest half of his soul as the results from an operation that went drastically wrong.
Zavier knows deep within his heart he will one day have to leave behind everything he loves in order to protect it. He will have to return to his life of perilous journeys and battling evil until the day the people he loves can at last live in peace. Next time he knows Sienna will not be able to go with him. As Sienna becomes the first mother in the new world of thriving dragons, Zavier knows the Dragons are at last safe and that he has witnessed as Dragonmaster, the Return of the Dragons.
Last edited by DakotaK on Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
What is important is to know fear and yet take a step forward.
Rosette Christopher

Looking for peeps to review my novel:)

novel.php?id=1142

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:26 pm
Earthfire713 says...

That sounds like a reallly interesting story! Are you going to post any of them on here? That's really amazing that they have a longer word count than Harry Potter. Great job!

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:58 pm
*coco says...

This sounds really, really cool! Firstly I love the way your narrating the story because it truly feels like you are actually narrating a story to us the readers. Your narration makes me believe that what you are telling me is epic and of grave importance. Secondly, I love how you managed to create this whole different world without making it seem corny and unbelievable like how some other writers have.
Basically this is great, I can't wait to read more
*coco*
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:16 pm
StellaThomas says...

*moved to Writer's Corner*

This is the place for synopsises, m'dear :)

-Stella x
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato