z

Young Writers Society

First Year of NaNoWriMo

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:03 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Hey!
Well, first of all. I had no idea of what that was until I signed up in YWS. And when i found out about it, well, i thought it was too much of a work. But now I'm overescited and I can't wait for it to start. By the way, this is my first year of NaNoWriMo.
I don't want to fail, so could anyone please give me some advice?

PS. I already have the idea, the plot and everything for my novel.
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:32 am
Writersdomain says...

Hey pudin!

I am so glad to hear that you are doing NaNo! I really think you will have a blast. ^_^ If I had to give one piece of advice, it would be keep writing. Even if you think your last scene really stank, keep going. Sit down and write everyday, even if you have to push yourself just slightly to start. The more you write the more the ideas will flow, so just plow on ahead, m'dear. Also, find a place whether it be on your blog, LJ, a thread here and rant every once in a while. About anything. Just have a bottled-up excitement outlet. And update your word count on the website, because it will give you a sense of accomplishment when you have especially steep slopes for certain days. :wink: Just keep writing, darling. And collect some books/movies/food/beverages to help you along the way.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:58 am
Zenzi says...

This is my first year too! I just signed up today on a whim, and I'm totally psyched! I want to start *now*! My only fear is that in the middle I'll lose interest/motivation. But this is something I've wanted to do for a long time. It's always been my dream to write a book, so I've got to give it a shot! *pumps fist in air*

Reviews: 2
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:55 am
Invisible Mann says...

Good news to hear you trying something new and challenging. A good thread on this exact same topic with some good advice is located right here: topic52833.html

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:58 pm
foxfire says...

Pudin...whats your username...i want to add you as a buddy

my user name is atram_dace
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:35 am
thinkerbelle14 says...

:thud:
Uh.... I guess I seem to be a beginner at everything.... XD
So... uh.... just to ask.... uh... what is NaNoWriMo?? ._. :?
Sorry, but I really have no idea what it is... XD :lol:
oh well.... i'll get over it....
:thud:
"Only fantasy has a world where things unflod into a way where in it is perfect yet predictable, and that is why I'd rather stick to real life, where there are unexpected bumps along the road." - my quotes :P

522 Reviews

Reviews: 522
Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:49 pm
canislupis says...

NaNoWriMo stands for nation novel writing month, an online contest in which the goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. In the end everyone who reaches the goal gets a free printed copy of their book.

For more info, go to www.nanowrimo.org :)

To answer the other question,I would say you've been given some pretty good advice already. The one thing I would add is to get lots of exercise. It sounds weird, but after every thousand words or so, get up and take a walk, or something. It makes it a lot easier, in my experience.

Also, reward yourself. If you celebrate Halloween, then you may have a candy stash. Let yourself eat some every thousand words, or something like that. Drink lots of water to prevent headaches.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Good luck with your nanoing! ;)

~Lupis

I didn't know beards could do that ;)
— ShadowVyper