z

Young Writers Society

Short Project

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:23 pm
Lorrilrakest. says...

Im not hoping to spend loads of time on it, but i was experimenting with ideas, as you do, and I came across this one.

It's an alteration of the Santa Clause world. In the story, Mrs Clause is a bitter old woman who hates children, the Elves are repulsive little creatures who are planning a revolt, the Reindeer are aggressive, obnoxious animals who are kept captive by Mr Claus. Santa then is the "Godfather" i suppose of the whole world.

It's a first draft idea. I want it to be a disturbing, sometimes comical, piece of writing.
Any suggestions?
"Who needs God when you've got me?"
- Jessica Sanders

"Didn't I throw you out a window?"
- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:05 am
Rosendorn says...

Hmm. If you're using such strong Santa parallels, I'd like to see how they got to be that way. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sure just what was going on and why the much-loved version of Santa got turned on its head.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:29 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

I think it can work if you approach it in the right way. I think it would be difficult to make a whole novel out of it but a short story could be great. I say this because a flipped christmas theme would only interest a few people.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:00 am
empressoftheuniverse says...

I kind of disagree with both the people above me; I think you're getting at a parallel universe, right? Which we usually just except without too much question. Parallel universe=free for all.
I think a lot of people would find that an interesting read. Everyone is either a christmas lover or a christmas cynic; so they would all cultivate some opinion. My only advice would be to add an alternate Hannukah, as well. Eight sacrifices for each burning candle??
But it's your story.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein