z

Young Writers Society

Short Project

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:23 pm
Lorrilrakest. says...

Im not hoping to spend loads of time on it, but i was experimenting with ideas, as you do, and I came across this one.

It's an alteration of the Santa Clause world. In the story, Mrs Clause is a bitter old woman who hates children, the Elves are repulsive little creatures who are planning a revolt, the Reindeer are aggressive, obnoxious animals who are kept captive by Mr Claus. Santa then is the "Godfather" i suppose of the whole world.

It's a first draft idea. I want it to be a disturbing, sometimes comical, piece of writing.
Any suggestions?
"Who needs God when you've got me?"
- Jessica Sanders

"Didn't I throw you out a window?"
- Jessica Sanders

www.drizzlefilm.com

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:05 am
Rosendorn says...

Hmm. If you're using such strong Santa parallels, I'd like to see how they got to be that way. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sure just what was going on and why the much-loved version of Santa got turned on its head.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:29 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

I think it can work if you approach it in the right way. I think it would be difficult to make a whole novel out of it but a short story could be great. I say this because a flipped christmas theme would only interest a few people.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:00 am
empressoftheuniverse says...

I kind of disagree with both the people above me; I think you're getting at a parallel universe, right? Which we usually just except without too much question. Parallel universe=free for all.
I think a lot of people would find that an interesting read. Everyone is either a christmas lover or a christmas cynic; so they would all cultivate some opinion. My only advice would be to add an alternate Hannukah, as well. Eight sacrifices for each burning candle??
But it's your story.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

There is nothing more radical or counter-cultural, at the moment, than laying down one’s cynicism in favour of tender vulnerability.
— John Green