z

Young Writers Society

Two novel Ideas haunting me, Help!!!

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:53 am
pudin.junidf says...

Hey!! So I got a series of problem. First I have two novels in my mind,Second, one of them is still unnamed.

First novel: So this one is called High School ad. meaning High School Adventure Department. It's about the lives of siz teenagers as they go through their high school years and the problems they get into: But also, its about the adventures they have not only at school bu the ones they create and I?m even thinking about sending them to another dimension although I think that's quite cliche. I think that it can be a good story if I make it work, and I was actually thinking it could be a series like a book per year. Different adventures and experiences.

Second NOvel: Actually I'm working on the sixth chapter of this one. This one is as cliche as ever. It's a bout a female vampire. She's very famous among their kind beacuse shs's the hunter, she kills everythng that comes in her way. But in her most important mission she fails, kill a werewolf. BUt the werewolf is a hybrid between a vampire, a werewolf and a human since the werewolves are humans too. So she falls for the werewolf and the rest is still to come because it's not so clear. ( I think he kills her, I still don't know. Irritating)

So, I need help, I'm working on the unnamed one but the High school one keeps haunting me. lol.I need help: opinions, constructive criticism, help with the name lol.Even ideas!!!

(Are they too cliche?)

Thanks for the help
Pudin
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:10 am
Rosendorn says...

If one is haunting you, it's usually best to at least plot it out completely just to get the story out of your system. That's what works for me, and I've been able to keep to the same project for quiet a few years now. I have a dozen or so other novels waiting to be written because of this method, but I have them on paper and don't need to worry about forgetting them because of that.

Hope this helps.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:22 am
Carlito says...

Ok, so you have a lot of ideas swarming around it your head. That's okay, I do too. :) What I do, is not play favorites. I don't say, 'this is the novel I'm going to write and the others are just never going to happen', I just write everything and see where they take me. If I have a burst of inspiration on one, I write that one until I get writer's block and then I might take a break or work on another story. So my advice would be to work on both whenever you want, whenever you get some inspiration or whatever.
For the cliche thing. Personally, I think the first idea is more cliche than the second just because there are so many books written about high school. But I think both ideas definitely have potential and could be really good. It's good that you're already thinking about cliches though, so maybe as you're writing you can avoid some of them because you're looking out for them if that made any sense. :D
As for titles, don't stress about it. I am epically bad at coming up with titles. I refer to my three main stories as 'Alana', 'Cassidy', and 'Madison', which are the main characters of each book. You might not think of a great title until the last page of your book, and that's fine. Give it a working title until something pops into your head.

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:15 am
Octave says...

I personally have this problem from time to time, and the awesome people here in YWS have helped me overcome it.

The first thing you do is plot your ideas out. Outline them. After that, test yourself. Which do you feel like writing?

So you've picked one?

Save the other outline in a different folder, entitled "Will Finish Later". Then start writing the one you like, and put it in another folder. :D

It's what I do, and I'm not sure if it will work for you. All I know is that it worked for me. But every writer is different, so it might not be as effective for you as it was for me.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:04 pm
Krupp says...

I think outlining the high school one is a great idea. And if the urge gets really, really bad, just start writing it. There's no unwritten rule that says that you can't write two or more stories at a time. I'm working on several novels right now, and I'm managing to make it work. Sometimes writing one story will give you inspiration for another when you finally can't write anymore for the one you're working on.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:38 am
empressoftheuniverse says...

Hey Pudin
I would say write out your high school idea; but don't let your vampire story be tucked away forever. I really enjoyed it.
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:58 pm
wookielover17 says...

Hey Puddin!!! I feel your pain... Sometimes I have an idea for a novel, story, poem, song and fan fiction all at the same time. Here is what I do. I have two note books. One is for writing down the idea of the story/novel, character description if you have one, important details you don't want to forget, setting, stuff like that you know. And if your like me you get an idea for a scene of your story maybe even more than one. So here is where the second notebook comes in. I write down all the scenes I thought of in that notebook. If it's the preface, chapter one, the last chapter just write it down in that notebook so you don't forget it. So then when you are totally committed (or not) to start that story you just pick up your notebook and start developing it and add the scenes that you wrote down and maybe even improve them. That is what I do. My notebooks are a little (very) unorganized but that's because I work better with clutter, but if you work better with everything right in it's place just organize it anyway you can. Get those divider notebooks that are used for multiple classes or you could get I binder instead of a notebook and just divide them in any way possible. Like idea, gener, story, etc. etc.

So I hope my advice helped. PM me with anything. Questions, didn't understand a word I said, tell me if it worked, if it was the most horrible advice you've ever gotten, etc. Just let me know. I hope my advice works. This is the method I use so you have that. So yeah I'll shut up now! Bye!!!! :D :elephant: (I love that elephant!)
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:18 am
thinkerbelle14 says...

Hey!!! :thud: Guess I'm not the only one with this kind if predicament. I've got not only one, but actually 5 novel ideas. But I'm used to it and here's what I do on ocassions like these (hope to help :D ) First, I write what that novel idea is all about and I save it for keeps. Then, once I've straightened out, I don't need to worry about forgetting it like I used to back then. So once I start thinking about what I want to add to a certain idea, I add it, until I piece one story together. You don't have to hand pick which one of the story ideas you have to piece together first, you just need to wait for your creative juices to start flowing and before you know it, you're 5 chapters running! (trust me, that happens) :thud: so... don't worry! I Love your ideas! I hope to hear from it soon. :D :D :D :D :D Hmmm.... I guess sending the kids to a dimension could work. How about you give them like you know, something to do, not totally random , but, maybe those kids could think that their imaginary adventure world was imaginary and before they knew it was real... I dunno... but i sure think they're both pretty neat. Good luck on that!!! :D
"Only fantasy has a world where things unflod into a way where in it is perfect yet predictable, and that is why I'd rather stick to real life, where there are unexpected bumps along the road." - my quotes :P

Everything’s edible if you’re immortal.
— Feltrix