z

Young Writers Society

Word 2007 Is Crushing My Dreams.

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:22 am
Kang227 says...

My latest idea is a murder mystery split between two close characters. The novel is likewise split, with each page divided between their two perspectives in real time.

I've encountered a problem, though: I do not know how to split a Word 2007 page in two. I can change the formatting so that there are two columns, but these columns are still linked (that is, my overlap from the first column will go onto the second.

Does anyone know how to solve this? What would be really fantastic is a Word template where the pages are two columns (independent of each other) with a separating line down the center.
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:46 am
Kibble says...

Could you have two separate documents, open them both and then resize the windows so that each one takes up half of the screen?
"You are altogether a human being, Jane? You are certain of that?"
"I conscientiously believe so, Mr Rochester."
~ Jane Eyre

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:48 am
Black Rabbit says...

You can use the full screen reading view. Click on view on your menu bar, and then full screen reading view. There ya go. Now you can have both at the same time.
["Don’t be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir]
Rabbit Syndrome - Get your FREE reviews here!
LINK:
forum188.html

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:21 am
KayKel16 says...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13880_3-10015070-68.html

http://www.cybertext.com.au/Columns_in_Word.pdf
These links may help, I've tried it and works perfectly. I hope this is what you meant!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
-James Dean

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:11 pm
airbear320 says...

Here's what I think might work. Go into word and do the two columns and mark to have them separated by a line. Then when you're typing in one column and are about to spill over, go into the page layout, go up to breaks, and do a next page break. That will get your left hand column all lined up, but I'm not sure about the right . . .
"Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds."
-Gordon B. Hinckley

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat