z

Young Writers Society

The Rift Still Going and almost done!

Reviews: 4
Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:25 pm
danster724 says...

After nearly eight months I'm still hard at work on my Nano started novel The Rift. I just rounded 110,000 and am nearing completion of the first draft. it's been tough going but I've learned a lot about writing and myself through this experience. The website dedicated to The Rift trilogy will be completed soon so you guys will be able to learn more about it if you want. What I really need right now are people who would be willing to read through the story and critique it. It won't be for a while but I need to know who would be willing. THIS IS NOT SOMETHING TO ACCEPT LIGHTLY. I realize that critiqueing a whole novel is tough so if you would prefer that I just sent you a few chapters of The Rift for you to read and tell me about then that can be arranged. I want to make this Novel as good as it can be, and I need your help for that. I'm willing to critique any of your guys' work in exchange so don't hesitate to send me masses of writing to go over if you choose to undertake this task.
Please don't just skim through the chapter(s) and then say "that was good!" or "You suck!" please give constructive criticism, but don't be afraid to be a bit harsh, I can take it. Anyways you guys thanks, and if you are interested you can PM me for further details. Put down how many chapters you are willing to critique and I will give you the rest of the information. keep in mind that there will still be maybe a month or more before I will contact you, but again I need to know well in advance if you're willing to help.
Thank you guys so much! I will update this with the remainder of chapters that need critiqueing until the whole novel has been judged. Again THANK YOU.
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:58 pm
Hannah says...

Hey, Danster! ^_^

If you're looking for a critique on your whole novel, YWS actually has a forum where you can attach the complete document and people will take a good look at the whole thing. You can check out that forum here. Keep in mind that instead of 150 points, it will cost you 500 points to post your novel there. =]

Also, I would recommend trying to take a look at someone else's novel in return or at least going around to do a few more critiques on smaller pieces, so that we can keep up the balance between receiving and giving critiques. Members that see that you've been more active around the site will probably be more willing to take a look at a major piece of yours.

Post your novel there when you're ready!

PM me if you have any more questions regarding this.

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

Reviews: 4
Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:29 pm
danster724 says...

I really don't want my novel presented in front of an entire forum for many reasons though. I would feel more safe with the writing if it was just a few people looking it over.

And also if you didn't notice I did state that I would be doing critiques for anyone willing to help (and more) I plan to do critiquing over the month or so before The Rift is ready for review. Sorry for the confusion.
"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to begin as soon as possible."

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming