z

Young Writers Society

Would there be a market for this kind of work?

Reviews: 0
Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:06 pm
Maneechan says...

Hiya, I'm a budding author and would really like to ask your opinion on the story I'm planning to write. I'm interested in writing a story set in an alternate world (like in code geass) but I'm afraid my story will hit a lot of raw nerves with it political tones and settings, with subtle racism displayed by some of the characters. Plus, it's going to contain a lot of crossover references from anime and a lot of fictional works(I don't claim that my story is original) And I'm afraid that I could get into trouble with the law. And it really doesn’t help that my story is not political correct and I'm intending to put some real world names/references in there too.

*This is a story that I'm intending to put up on Fictionpress, so I hope I won't get into trouble with the law with all those crossover characters etc;*

So what do you think guys? Will people throw stones at me if I ever write this, or it will only induce yawns from people? Thank very much for all of your feedbacks~! *bows*

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:21 pm
Lauren2010 says...

it very well could cause people to "throw stones" but some of the best and most impactful literature caused people to "throw stones" and still does, some of those books are still banned in libraries (if I recall, Huck Finn was caught up in a similar situation). I guess it just depends on how well you write your story.
Got YWS?

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:50 pm
Sureal says...

If you outright steal other people's characters, then that is indeed illegal. Referencing (eg. characters sharing a name, even if they're not the same character) them is fine.

Using real world places and names is fine too.

Political incorrectness/political tones/political setting etc. will never be a problem in fiction, and certainly won't get you in trouble with the law, and I'm not too sure why you'd think it would.

Having said that, none of it will be a problem if you're just posting it on FictionPress.
I wrote the above just for you.

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:58 am
Maneechan says...

Well, nowadays you could get sue for practically everything, so it's better to make sure that the coast is clear first before I post anything up. :lol: But thanks a lot guys for the helpful advices ^_^

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides