z

Young Writers Society

A Good Story

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:57 am
~Volant~ says...

Okay, over the summer, my friends and I want to do this movie thing. My friend wants to be a director, I want to be a writer, and everyone else wants to be an actor or actress. Our parts are pretty much pre assigned.

So I need some help with ideas.

Out in the woods, we found a home-made (and long abandoned) paint ball course. It's brilliant: ditches and trenches, strategically placed walls, sniper and camper hideouts, and ladders up all the trees. That's where we want to film the main majority of the script. So we have a setting.

We're working with five characters, a boy and three girls, all teenage age. the boy and two of the girls would be able to pass off as young adults, maybe early twenties, but no more, and no one can pass off for anything lower than fourteen. So we have some characters.

Now, I have to come up with a plat, and I'm not good at that. I'm more of a character writer.

Genre doesn't matter. Just something simple enough for a bunch of teenagers to film

Anyone have any thoughts? I seriously need help and anything you say I will seriously consider!
Where are we going?

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:50 pm
Kang227 says...

Do you have paintball guns? Because honestly, if you have a setting, a good setting, and you have the gear...

Make a comedy paintball movie. Have it very obvious that they are just playing paintball, but film it with all the gritty realism and seriousness of Saving Private Ryan. Someone gets shot with a paintball? Have a 'death' scene--even have them coughing up blood, for all the bizarre comedy that would bring.
Hey Daedalus, I'm Icarus. Do your thing, and for God's sake use something better than WAX this time.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:58 am
Carlito says...

Make a horror film. I'm sort of doing this with my friends too and it's really fun. Assign one person to be the 'horror'. Put crazy make-up or a weird mask on them and have them kill everyone off one by one :) The paintball course would be a good place to film at night! Just think of running around the obstacles for your life, totally cool!
Good luck! :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

I think Amelia Earhart wants you to get some ice cream.
— SilverNight