z

Young Writers Society

A perfect day?

Reviews: 1
Thu May 21, 2009 2:07 am
beccax says...

Basically, two major characters of mine are going to be preforming a mass murder at a high school. I'd like for the day of the massacre to mean something significant to the characters.

Birthdays are out, because there is already a birthday scene planned, and I don't like the idea of two characters having a birthday over the course of the novel. It also has to be a day where school is in session, so most holidays are out.

So, let's say you were going to seek revenge over every person who has wronged you. What day would you choose to do this on?

I apologize if this is a little morbid. XD
I am the bones you couldn't break.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri May 22, 2009 12:34 pm
Krupp says...

That's quite a bit more than morbid; kinda disturbing. But to answer your question, in honesty, if someone was going to die by my hand, it wouldn't really matter what day it was. It doesn't have to matter; that almost makes it more interesting because it's on a day where no ones thinking anything different's gonna happen. "Same s---, different day" in other words. I think you'd be better off if it wasn't a special day.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri May 22, 2009 10:14 pm
~Excalibur~ says...

4/20 - Hitler's Birthday + Green day... Bunch of pot smoking neo nazis would love it.
9/11 - In 'honor' of Sept 11, this already was foiled before it happened in one case.
July 4th - Only if Summer school.

If you know your characters well, figure out what their ideals or perversions are and sync it up if possible. Dates of great injustices, victories or losses matter more. If they are cunning and its all premediated like in 'Elephant' then that is a good place to start.

After Cho's rampage his style is being emulated... because it works and it causes more casualities. Blocking the exits.

If they possess pipe bombs or something of the sort, attack mass gatherings. Like Lunch period. One enters from the entrance and the other from the emergency exit at the same time with synced watches. Spray bullets, toss grenades... flee together or get gunned down. All up to you.

Grim stories are sorta a speciality for me.
Currently writing Gaea Arc #1 - Poisoned Throne

Help Class 5-B get started! (Link works now)
topic44711.html

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri May 22, 2009 10:37 pm
Teufelshund says...

-Look up numerology of various groups and subcultures, for instance "88" and "14" are significant to white supremacists.

-Halloween? Definitely some morbid fascination here. Have them come to school dressed up?

-No specific date, but a shooter might choose a date with some sort of obscure personal significance, ie the day his eight grade crush dumped him or the day the new principal he hates was elected or the day he moved to a new school, etc.

-Religious days (expect for the out-of-school holidays of course). Maybe they're anti-Semites or Satanists, perhaps they want "revenge" on Muslims for terrorism, etc.
Semper Fidelis

"If I became a philosopher, if I have so keenly sought this fame for which I'm still waiting, it's all been to seduce women basically. "

-Jean-Paul Sartre

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:46 pm
wolf4 says...

What about the day of the prom or dance or something. Everyone will be all happy and excited and stuff. Just a suggestion

Good luck!

~Wolf
Don't follow in my footsteps. I run into walls.

Sometimes, it's best not to question your friends. Just help them dump the body into the river.

Even if the voices aren't real, they have pretty good ideas.

Writing isn't an excuse for insanity. It's a reason.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:20 pm
.:Elf:. says...

What about Friday the 13th?

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon