z

Young Writers Society

New Book Idea.

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Tue May 19, 2009 12:23 am
MeganJ2012 says...

Okay so here's my new idea I've been trying to develope for a while. It's just a brief summary.

An overly confident football player finds himself love strucken by the way to beautiful broken girl in his English class. Isabell, who's mother committed suicide that summer, is struggling to keep her grip on her sanity and her father who blames everything on her.

-that's all I got on the summary part so far-

But basically this is what happens in short term

-Isabell's father told her to give her mom these pills, which she thought were her anti-depressant pills, to later find her father switched them to kill her mom to get the insurance money and drove her into a depression by belittling her self-esteem. All the while, he's like a drunk. Always drinking and to get rid of his guilt, he put everything on Isabell and blamed her for everything.

-Corey is like the school's womanizer. He doesn't respect girls. He uses them. Thinks they are a piece of meat. It's sick really. He spots Isabell in his English class and he's just immediately attracted to her. But something inside of him tells him not to play her and just to leave her alone. But the attraction pulls him to her when they're partnered to read Romeo and Juliet in English class together [clique, yes? kind of want some help on that]

-As time goes on Isabell shares her story with Corey as Isabell's father. Corey breaks down and he's a changed man. The big point in the story here is that a man will care about a girl on all levels but a boy will only care about sex. Corey will grow into a man who truely loves Isabell and understands that she is a human being too. Basically;; he grows up, grows a heart.

-Isabell's dad talks about her killing her mom, deserving to die,ect. Emotionally abuses her.

-One night Isabell is at home talking on the phone to Corey when her dad comes in on her. She hesitates when she hangs up with a worried corey. Her dad basically pulls a gun out on her, Corey comes to the house, and in then end, Isabell takes a bullet for Corey because whenever he came in, her dad was going to kill him first because... well, Corey could take him. But Isabell got in front of the bullet, he watches her die and then Corey kicks the dads boo-tay, kills him and himself.

All the while it makes a deep refrence to Romeo and Juliet.

++ NOTE;; Romeo and Juliet refrence will be used in a subtle way and not glorifying the play in light of the recent populairty of the play among writers -cough;; Stephanie Meyer.-

Ideas or Comments?

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue May 19, 2009 2:43 am
Krupp says...

It sounds like it could work. For me to be really effective, I'd need to see it in writing, so get to work on it and post it on here whenever you think it's ready.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Reviews: 3
Tue May 19, 2009 7:45 am
AlexMc says...

Sounds quite good however you just gave it away =P

But yeah good luck with it and look forward to seeing you post it up to read.

Also like the way romeo and juliet plays with it but hope its not tooooo similar : |

~ Alex
I will never let you fall,
I will stand up for you forever.
I will be there for you through it all,
Even if saving you sends me in heaven.
~ Your Guardian Angel - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue May 19, 2009 7:57 am
Octave says...

Sounds great! Just be careful with the Romeo and Juliet thing. And I mean VERY, VERY, VERY careful. You might overdo it without meaning to. ^^
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue May 19, 2009 1:17 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

It sounds good but I would suggest changing the main characters name. It reminds me too much of twilight, plus the name is old fashioned and is barley use now a days, and if it is people shorten it to things like Bell or Elle.

-Corey is like the school's womanizer. He doesn't respect girls. He uses them. Thinks they are a piece of meat. It's sick really. He spots Isabelle in his English class and he's just immediately attracted to her. But something inside of him tells him not to play her and just to leave her alone

Plot hole point- I find it hard to believe that a womanizer like Corey would automatically change his ways after meeting Isabelle. Maybe he tries to womanize her and it doesn't work or he feels bad about it after he does it, or falls in love with her while trying to manipulate her. It just doesn't make sense that his pig like qualities are turned off like a light switch when he sees her.

Other then that it can be a nice twist on a classic story, and I'd be interested in reading it.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue May 19, 2009 8:45 pm
tori1234 says...

I like it.....I like it a lot. When you start writing it are you going to post some chapters on here? I'd love to read it!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri May 22, 2009 12:40 am
Zkqayyum says...

i quite like the idea but a womaniser changing just because of hearing a story/love is kinda weak. but it might look real when written as then we'll get the background to it too so I'm looking forward to read it.
believing is achieving

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:30 pm
sadbhp says...

fab idea. cant wait to read it. keep up the good work :!: :D

Reviews: 4
Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:36 pm
hamerkid2 says...

It sound like a great idea....
but there are some small things i might change.
-1. the mother was murdered by the father for insurance money. interesting idea, but a small credibility problem, if a death is ruled suicide, the insurance company does not pay money. Maybe the mother died in an "accidental" death.

-2. Romeo and Juliet has been overused in my opinion. So maybe instead of doing the Romeo and Juliet project, the teacher assigns a writing assignment. Corey and Isabell are forced to be partners and Isabell pitches the idea of a father murdering his wife for money. Later Corey finds out it wasn't just creative genius, but what really happened to this girl he fell for.

Anyways, this is just what i would like to read. Everyone has different interests and look for different things in a piece.
Good luck on the story. Hope i gave some help

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:43 pm
WrittenSoul says...

I think it's a fabulous idea! Like others, I'd love it if you posted some on here once you start. :D

I've only got one problem. When you said that Corey kills the father and himself, I understand that you're going with the deep Romeo and Juliet reference (sorry if I'm being dense - I don't know much of anything about ol' Romeo and Juliet), but it seems a little...odd. I mean, if Corey kills Isabelle's father, ie. murdering him, then he'd get thrown in jail (just throwing that in there). But killing himself just for a girl he loves because she died kind of seems...weird. I mean, maybe it's just me, but it doesn't seem, er, life-like? He kind of reminds me of Edward *cough::Twilight::cough* and I really dislike Edward. Maybe Isabelle could take the bullet and he thinks she's dead so he tries to avenge her by hurting/possibly killing her father and once the father's beaten to a bloody pulp, then Corey goes over to Isabelle and cradles her in his arms and discovers that she's still alive? *out of breath from run-on sentence* Then maybe the police come because a neighbor heard the commotion and wondered if something was wrong?? Sorry, I didn't mean to go on like that. It's your story, you can make it however you want and I'd still want to read it, but I'm just suggesting some ideas. It just seemed to me that it was a sad/depressing story and I feel like the characters need a bit of happiness at the end, but if you're not into happy endings, that's fine too! Feel free to discard them or do whatever you like. :D

Anyway, I really like your idea! Please don't be offended by anything I said, and it wasn't my intent to do so. I was just tossing out ideas. Hope to read some of your story soon!
"What you learn for yourself, you will know forever."
- Eugenides, A Conspiracy of Kings

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:22 am
Unsquishable says...

It sounds like it could work.. I think it all depends on the way it's written.. A very good plot could turn absolutely horrible if it isn't written nicely.
"You is talking loco and I like it!"

With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.
— Rick Riordan, The Heroes of Olympus