z

Young Writers Society

I need some help with my story!

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:07 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Well, I decided to pick back up where I left off with my first novel, Soulless. The basic storyline revolves around "the war of humanity";a war being fought between the Followers (the evil minions of the Grim Reaper) and Guardians (Angels) over humanity. Obviously, the Followers want to kill all society and collect their souls, and so the Guardians were created to protect civilization.

Anywhozers, this is where my problem comes in. One of the main characters, Adam, is a Guardian. His twin sister, Eve, is a Follower. (Teehee xD It makes more sense in the actual context because there's a lot of family trivials that take sharp turns). In short, a bunch of stuff happens, and she uses her fancy scythe to put a curse on her twin brother. The thing is, I'm trying to figure out what the side-effects of the curse would be. I don't really want Adam to become Eve's voodoo doll, because that would totally suck and my story would be utter crap. But, just as an example, the typical depiction of a werewolf shows them transforming on a full moon. They can't control that; it's against their will. So, what if some sort of one time thing happens that Adam can't control? Something that sends him veering to a insanly evil catatonic state at - this might be too Cinderella-y - midnight.

I don't know; my ideas suck.
What do you think should happen?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

Just so you don't forget...

What about having his powers go nuts and he turns into this Hulk-ish creature? That has all sorts of possibilities. :D
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:38 am
Tinkerballs says...

He could grow huge and demonic and go on a rampage, maim a few people and be imprisoned/prosecuted?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat May 23, 2009 2:21 am
Mandronette De Khyre says...

Okay this should be a split personality.
This should be like..
Even if he is an angel he should have evil thoughts right?
Soo He should gain a asplit personality.
No not a personality. A voice.
This should have an impulse on wheneer he is tempted to do something bad or wrong.
It would merely "Persuade" not MAKE him do something and it shouldnt take over his will but give him a Shove , not a Nudge in that dark side.
He should start thinking of all the benefits of the bad action , no matter how small it may be.

Sounds good?

Reviews: 3
Sat May 23, 2009 4:33 am
Cheshire-Writer says...

Well since he's an angel and the followers are lead by Death you could have him turn into one of the beasts from the other side. Maybe something like Cerberus or maybe a creature from another Mythology, theirs a lot of beasties in Norse.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:12 pm
Lauren2010 says...

My only suggestion is...scrap the "transformation at midnight". Make him go all evil minion at say, 1:00 in the afternoon?

Have him be plauged with evil during the day, but at night he's fine.

Then you could have him all depressed because he can't do any good at night when he's all angelic. And when he should be doing good during the day he can't because he's evil.
Got YWS?

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare