z

Young Writers Society

Would you be interested in this plot?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:57 pm
Blink says...

So yeah, I’m not sure what to say about this. As you can imagine, I have a few plot ideas and I'm interested as to see if you’d be interested in reading this. It’s somewhat weird and I don’t know if it could work. I’d appreciate your feedback.

Eterne

This is the idea that has been evolving for a long time, and I don't think I will ever move away from this story. But it annoys me because I'm too worried about the philosophy than the actual plot.

Anyway: Logan, a beggar on the streets of Belring (?), was sold at a very young age by his older brother, Finnian, as a slave. Logan believes it was done just to bring his brother out of poverty, and leave him behind, and grows up slightly insane (befriending a candle and hallucinating about Death). However, when he is about 10, he is bought by a group of beggars (reasons revealed later on), who he believes are cannibals and will surely rape, murder and eat him. However, still petrified of the lonely streets, Logan learns to trust them and they become a close band of outlaws. Doubting the chance of ever being accepted into society, they leave the city and set up a new country across the Channel.

They become rich compared to the people from Belring, but to prevent their society from splitting like Belring with the poor and rich, communism spreads (it’s not named, but the principles apply). Communism works for once, because there are so few people (about 100). Now, you see, the people think that it’s working because they all appear to be equal. However, behind the scenes, Logan and another (who he met when patrolling Belring, referred to as He) are controlling who does what, and religions that are worshipped etc. Logan, while walking along the Channel (made illegal by the other ruler), comes across the boats that they used to cross the Channel about 10 years ago when they first left, and begins to communicate with Belring, or at least, he goes there in secrecy and meets his brother. After revenge, he slowly draws the power out of him, Finnian, by killing their sister (Marie) who he later discovers about, getting him the sack and many other things, but never actually killing Finnian.

Logan just makes him wish for death, believing Finnian to be too weak to commit suicide. Finnian, at Marie’s funeral, eventually finds out Logan is behind it all from a journalist who has a blurred picture of Logan disappearing behind Marie’s dead body, and he leaves Belring to the New Society. Being poor, the people there look down on him and make themselves feel better, but with Finnian feeling weak and powerless. In Belring, he eventually stands up for himself, becomes Prime Minister over a long period (another 10 years), and scourges Belring. The new beggars are sent to the New Society, and war breaks out. The people from the New Society are forced to be the only soldiers, and all at equal ranks, but never fighting, just hiding behind a long wall at the Channel. However, Logan and He know that if their people communicate with Belring’s, people will start to get different ideas about whom they are and the New Society will be at stake. They begin to blind all of their people, making them blind and unable to do anything. Logan and He are then the only soldiers able to fight and are fought back when, eventually, Finnian’s soldiers, similar forces to typical forces today, destroy the wall, and Logan survives with just a few of his original outlaws.

Logan is then insulted by his own friends and leaves them in exile. Several years later, Belring is burned down. Logan is quickly revealed to be behind it, but not until after Finnian is held in suspect of it. Finnian sees he has failed his life, and, unable to decide who did it, the police kill Finnian and Logan at the same time, soon after they talk in prison about why Finnian sold Logan. Neither fights it, and they die together, but not apologising, instead humming a song that their mother taught them. They leave the world with civilisation in anarchy.

Wow. That was long. I didn’t mean all that detail, but you know. =] Please let me know what you think! It sounds so strange written down. xD It's supposed to sort of dwell on how there's no right and wrong, and that humans are seriously messed up. And that the murder is just as bad as the saviour. Sort of.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:05 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Wow, Blink! It sounds interesting! I usually don't like this type of stuff, but... yeah! Haha.

One thing I noticed:

Belring

+

Communism

+

destroy the wall

= Making Music think of Berlin during the Cold War. :wink:
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:11 pm
Jon says...

I agree with Music, it sounds a bit Berlin's wall. But! If that's what you were going for. :wink:
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:07 pm
Krupp says...

This sounds like an interesting concept. I'd be interested in learning more.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:27 pm
Blink says...

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. =]

wisemann210 wrote:I agree with Music, it sounds a bit Berlin's wall. But! If that's what you were going for. :wink:

It's not. xD But who knows, maybe it could work? I'm not sure that the wall is that necessary to be honest, anyway.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:27 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Wow, that was majorly confusing. Haha, but it did sound interesting. Just a lot happened. It sounds very interesting though.
Got YWS?

The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does.
— Anonymous