z

Young Writers Society

Cant Seem to Find Inspiration Anymore

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:05 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Okay, so after finishing my first full length novel, which I'm pretty proud of, I decided it was time to move on. Start something new, fresh, but when I tried, nothing turned out right. I have many ideas on the go, and all of which are just as strong of plotlines as my first, but I just cant seem to write anything that sounds really good anymore.

Any advice?

Also, titles. I heard that you are only supposed to write the name of the title after you finish your book, but with my first I had picked the name long before I ever started it. I dont know if it's the right name for it anymore now at this point in time but I cant seem to find a good name to fit it anymore. What should I do YWS?
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:30 pm
Rosendorn says...

Maybe you need a break? Just don't work on anything until you start to lose sleep over an idea. That usually means some plot bunny wants your attention. ^_^

When it comes to titles, I picked one before I started writing myself. And, in truth, you'll probably never find a title that fits perfectly. What I'd do is just let things sit, get the elation of finishing out of your system, then start attacking titles while editing.

Did that help?

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:17 pm
Dreamwalker says...

yes very much so. Thank you for the tips, and honestly, I finally started writing again :). It didnt take long but I'm glad I'm able to write again. I was starting to go insane without the ability too.

Thank you again
-The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:44 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

I agree with Rosey. When I finished my first book, (It was bad but oh well) I knew I just need to calm down. Basically, I just reviewed other peoples work and tried to think up ideas for my next book.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:19 pm
Incognito says...

Dreamwalker, I know all your story plot-lines almost by heart. if you cannot find inspiration to write them any more just take a break and read a book for once. With Night in Love, you were a complusive writer. You need a break because I know what it feels like having everything working for you but then that stops and you cannot write anymore.

I personally have ideas galore for my novel, I just can't put them into words, so I am slightly going to connect that to it. They told you before what to do. I have been taking a break from my novel for it seems 3 months, and I just got an idea to start writing again. {Unfortunately, I wrote it on your laptop, so I can't seem to be able to continue it.}

I know I just stated the obvious, but you have to love me! I am your sister after all.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:58 am
Minimal says...

I suggest you read more and get acquainted with other styles of writing or classics you've yet to read. You might also try writing essays, short stories or poems instead of a full length novel. When I lack inspiration I try my hand at writing some flash fiction.

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 am
LydiaB says...

Filler titles. Filler titles are awesome. Just take the basic concept of your idea and turn it into a title, then ignore it and move on! And if someone says they don't like your title, you can just shrug it off and say that it's going to be changed eventually anyway.

-Lydia
Is Pat Buchanan the answer to everything in your life? If so, put "Pat Buchanan" in your signature.

If you're looking for a good fantasy story in need of help...
Purple Magic
:D

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:57 pm
banhammer says...

Get out of your confort zone and write the absolute oposite of what you just finished.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:08 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

Firstly, don't panic if you haven't thought up anything. It took five months before I started writing again after finishing my book. I suggest you go try something you've never done before. Something that you know will inspire you in the future. For example, this summer, instead of doing school, I'm getting a job and trying to pick up boxing, to see if that gives me any muses to use.

Just try something new and really get into the depth of it. Something will come to you then.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

344 Reviews

Reviews: 344
Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:00 pm
Eimear says...

For me, inspiration comes when I listen to good music, watch a good film, or just suddenly get an idea that I think needs to be poked and prodded more. Keep your chin up, relax, and look around the world. Watch the news- listen to people. Watch people, feel emotions. That story in you is just waiting. Once you relax, it will come out, thread by thread, bit by bit.

Good luck.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde.

Excuse me I have never *lied* about a character I just don't tell the truth
— AceassinOfTheMoon