z

Young Writers Society

The Writer Incognito

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:13 am
Rosendorn says...

Hardly anybody knows I write. Only two friends know I do (and they write as well) along with YWSers. But, not even YWSers are allowed to read things until I have finished them. Reason I tend to post short stories while talking about my novel.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:24 am
MeadowLark says...

My family and a hand full of friends know I write but that's about it. I'm actually quite secretive about most of writing. I didn't start letting people read my work until two years ago. But I'm getting tired of keeping everything a secret. I can't talk to anyone about them!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:39 pm
Carlito says...

Some of my friends and such know I write but none of them know how much or that I'm working on a novel and what not. I don't want them to ask to read it cause I want to finish it first, and even then, I'm not sure. :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:27 pm
imapoemperson says...

Almost everyone i know knows that i write, but i hate it when adults put on that fake smile, and act like they think i can never get published.
"We played Pin the Tail on the Reason My Life Feels So Insufficient, and nobody won." -Megan Moriarty

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:34 pm
Krupp says...

...well, you're only twelve. You're going to get that look until you prove otherwise, at an older age. I used to get the look until two years ago when my parents actually started READING what I was writing...
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:44 pm
Chloe(: says...

I think the reason I keep my writing a secret is because I'm a prefectionist when it comes to stuff like that: if it's not as perfect as I can get it, then I don't want people seeing it

Me too.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

Reviews: 3
Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:13 pm
Moody says...

Hardly anyone knows I write. My parents and a few of my friends know but that's it, only about 3 people have read anything I've written, with the exception of assignments for school. I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps my writing a secret. :)

I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera