z

Young Writers Society

The Writer Incognito

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:26 pm
tori1234 says...

Do any of you keep your writing a secret? Does no one know that you LOVE to write? Or maybe I'm just a freak.....

Are any of you out there just like me? Always keeping your writing a secret

Well, if you are, post hear!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:33 am
EmmVeePi says...

People know I write and people know I love to write but I do not let anyone I know read my writing. I always say "I'll let you read it when I am finished" and then quick hide everything and pretend it never happened.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:19 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

Only my close friends and parents know that I'm writing a novel at the moment. (At least I hope so.)
I've told people that I want to be an author when I grow up, but I'm not comfortable with everyone knowing I'm working on a novel right now.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:37 am
~Excalibur~ says...

I have public projects, then I have secret projects. Sometimes the things I write are harsh and cruel. I fear that if I should publish such works I will be punished under law for the contents within these worlds I dream of.
Currently writing Gaea Arc #1 - Poisoned Throne

Help Class 5-B get started! (Link works now)
topic44711.html

Reviews: 0
Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Katiferthecat says...

It depends :) Sometimes when I'm writing some things (like my post earlier) I prefer not to show it to many people :) If you reply to my post I'll love u forever!!! (haha jk but please?)

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:31 pm
Krupp says...

I have lots of ideas that are kept secret, mainly because I feel that either they're not ready to be announced, or because they're fairly disturbing and would scare and worry my loved ones...

I don't enjoy these kinds of secrets. I carry them because I have no choice.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:42 pm
Chloe(: says...

music_lover_7311 wrote:Only my close friends and parents know that I'm writing a novel at the moment. (At least I hope so.)
I've told people that I want to be an author when I grow up, but I'm not comfortable with everyone knowing I'm working on a novel right now.

Same as me, exactly. :lol:
People know I like to write, since I always share my super short stories in English class. But besides that, it's only my friends, parents, and I.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:41 am
Siiham says...

Me too I don't like to tell everybody that I'm writing, maybe when I finish I'll say it.
For now, only my mum and best friend know about it. I think it's better to keep it secret.
This way, you'll not be an open book to everyone.
Siham.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:12 pm
MySunshine says...

Well, my family and close friends know I love to read, and they see me writing a lot, but I've never told them I want to write a novel. I said that I wanted to study literature or English, but that's it.

I would have told my friends that I'm writing on a story right now, but a guy in my grade discouraged me. Apparently, he's an aspiring novelist as well, but he always brags about it - although everyone who's read his stuff tell me it's not as good as he thinks it is - so I'm kind of scared I'm going to be like that, too ^^"

Besides, if I decide to tell them, it's probably going to be when I'm done. I hate that I always start something but never finish it, so if I manage to finish a story, I'll tell my friends.
Until then, it's my little secret ;)
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:28 am
ButterFlyInk says...

EmmVeePi wrote:People know I write and people know I love to write but I do not let anyone I know read my writing. I always say "I'll let you read it when I am finished" and then quick hide everything and pretend it never happened.

That's exactly how i am. I used to let people see some of my work but it ruined me inside(especially my mother, i had a good idea for a story i wanted to change and instead of accepting my choice she demanded i kept it the way it was), so the only people i ever so my stuff to are the people i have co-projects with.

B.Ink
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:47 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Only my close friends and family know. I don't think anybody would care, I just don't think they need to know.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:37 am
KailaMarie says...

I don't like to tell people unless they're my friend or they like to write too. I don't know why but I feel kind of embarrassed. Like maybe they'll ask to read something which freaks me out. Haha.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:06 pm
Incognito says...

This kind of made me laugh.
At first I thought this forum might actually be about me... 'The Writer Incognito'. Ahh, the humour.

But my answer to that question is that only a few people know I write. My family is quite supportive of it and my parents are even thinking about getting me a laptop so that I continue my writing. My two closest friends know I write and both of them are on this site. My sister is the one who inspired me to write so I guess she knows...

Other than that, nobody else quite knows my other life. It is a not-so-well kept secret, and it is kind of humourous that you posted this because on this site everyone knows you write so that means like hundreds of people know you write...

Well, I am ranting. I hope that answers your question, and just remember, you are not a freak because everyone has a little bit of a freak inside of them.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:51 pm
lxtmidnight says...

EmmVeePi wrote:People know I write and people know I love to write but I do not let anyone I know read my writing. I always say "I'll let you read it when I am finished" and then quick hide everything and pretend it never happened.

Same over here. I have a few friends who also write, so if anyone were going to read something of mine it would be one of them, but usually things don't work out like that XD

I think the reason I keep my writing a secret is because I'm a prefectionist when it comes to stuff like that: if it's not as perfect as I can get it, then I don't want people seeing it :oops:
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
-Cyril Connolly

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:56 pm
Juniper says...

Everyone knows that I write. Few people are allowed to read what I write.

(Yes, you guys are totally special to me =D)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Bananas
— looseleaf