z

Young Writers Society

British Boarding School

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:35 pm
tori1234 says...

I am writing a prequel to my series and I need some help with it.

So, all I need you to do is pretend you are enrolled at this school. It looks like a modern day castle, caters to grades 1-12, is in the hills somewhere in England off to the side. Four people share a dorm, and mixed sex can't go into the others dormitories. So pretend you went to this school.

Please tell me this info about your appearance:
Name: (make it sound British)
Sex:
Race: (it's mainly a white/black school, but others are free to join!)
Ancestry: (make it mainly American or English, others beside that are okay, just not too many!)
Hair: brown, black, blonde, ect...
Eyes: blue, brown, green, ect...
Smile: never smiles, rarely smiles, huge grin, a giggler, ect....(can choose one or more)
Personality:
Dress Style: (outside of boarding school, they wear uniforms in the building)
Thoughts on Boarding School: love it, hate it, parents are forcing them, ect...)
Other: (anything you'd think that would be helpful)

Please don't write in all caps - Alainna
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:09 pm
Krupp says...

I'll play along and help you out.

Peter Malhotra
Male
English
Indian descent (the country, obviously, not the native american kind)
Dark brown Hair
Dark brown eyes
Smiles at good jokes, and anything that's really, really good news.
Quiet by nature, but speaks when he thinks he has something important to say
Casual, relaxed attire (most guys don't really think about what they're wearing, sorry. I can't give you must detail there.)
Boarding school is an obligation, a duty honored by the family for generations
He might be quiet, but he's got a heated temper when someone insults him or his family or friends...also, Peter's of Indian descent, but he's never been to India.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:14 pm
in_a_blue_moon says...

I think Krupp's idea is pretty good, but Peter's not a very indian name. It should be something like, Anasuishi or something like that. More original.

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:17 pm
in_a_blue_moon says...

Wait, I have a name now: Kerinebbe. Random name, huh?

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:29 pm
Lauren says...

My mum went to a boarding school in England, so I know a few things. I can see you are American, so there is something about the English schooling system you may be unaware of. If a school is a 'public school', it is not a state school, as it is in the US. Wierdly enough, here in the UK a public school is one you pay for, very exclusive, more so than a private school.

Name: Jane Bedford
Sex: Female
Race: White
Ancestry: British
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue-grey
Smile: They are rare, but when they come they are lovely to everyone
Personality: Shy, keeps to herself, scholarly, deeply in love with an individual but no one would ever know it
Dress Style: Bohemian, indie, not emo or chav
Thoughts on Boarding School: Misses family & home, but is grateful for the education her schooling has enabled her
Other: Has a deep and fervent passion for the classics

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:10 pm
Krupp says...

in_a_blue_moon wrote:I think Krupp's idea is pretty good, but Peter's not a very indian name. It should be something like, Anasuishi or something like that. More original.

What I was thinking of is that Peter may be Indian, but he was not born in India. He was born in England.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:28 pm
StellaThomas says...

Dude... is this storybook or what?

No problem, though. Seeing as I go to a boarding school...

Name: Miss Georgiana Langley

Race: white

Ancestry: English, but now lives in Ireland. Doesn't like it, thinks that it's a rather crude place. Loves all things English

Hair: honey blonde

Eyes: dark brown

Smile: moody usually, but when she does smile it's really nice and innocent -although sometimes very sarcastic.

Personality: Quite superior. Doesn't talk much to people she thinks are below her. Struts. Also loves to rebel, drink etc. Surprisingly good at poetry and would be smart, if she applied herself. Has an eye for photography.

Dress Style: individual. Drainpipes and treggings, long cardigans and t-shirts, no coats, always jumpers. Messed up hair and a load of black make-up.

Thoughts on Boarding School: thinks school in general is a total waster of time. Would much rather be out doing her own thing, i.e. nothing.

Other: Not really - but my school sort of follows the English system, if you want to know anything, just give me a shout! Also, try and watch Wild Child if you can, and St. Trinian's. They're both about girl's schools, but they'll help give you an idea of what it's like - they're both pretty accurate in their interpretations, to be honest. And both are hilarious.

-Stel x
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:43 pm
jok101 says...

[quote="tori1234"]

Name: (make it sound British)

Make it sound british how can you make a name sound british Peter darling or frederick not all british are stuck up little pricks most of us are not to tell the truth. So stop making us look that way *talking to all american script writer that have to make them selves feel better by insulting the british and the irish just because they know that all the great comedians come from us except Kevin smith who is a genius and others*

sorry for putting my rant their don't judge me as far as I know british boarding schools are for the stuck up and rich as well as those who have been kicked out of other places and are rich.

75 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:39 pm
tori1234 says...

I did not intend to offend anyone! What I meant was by "make it sound British" was that it originated in a English speaking country.

Sorry if anyone was offended! That was honestly not my intent!
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:17 pm
Lauren says...

Don't worry, tori, I think jok101's just got a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I'm British, and I was not offended. Some people look for insult when there clearly is none.
However, tori, if this is meant to be an upper-class boarding school, you probably shouldn't assume everybody would be British. A lot of rich foreigners send their children over, under the rather old-fashioned impression that a 'good English education' will do them better. Which is a load of tosh.

75 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:32 pm
tori1234 says...

this is not one of those upper-class ones

and please people, unless you are trying to help me with my characters or help me get more acquainted with boarding schools, please don't post!

thank you and have a great day!
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:38 am
Jay says...

Cool! I love this idea! I'm going to do two, just because I like it so much...

Name: Charlotte Clankley (I like alliterative names)
Race/Ancestry: I'm undecided here. Maybe Irish?
Hair: Mouse
Eyes: Blue
Smile: Wide and happy. She smiles all the time. Especially when she's making a joke, which is often
Personality: Charlotte can be very annoying because she has a high opinion of herself, and expects everyone to laugh hysterically at her jokes, which are often lame and cheesy. She is also argumentative, but prefers to use brute force. She talks too much and thinks that everyone is hanging on to her every word. However, she is well-meaning, funny, and has a strong sense of justice
Dress Style: Mainly jeans and T shirts.
Thoughts on Boarding School: She finds every subject very boring, with the exception of history.

Another one:

Name: Ermintrude Edgar (The surname just randomly occured to me...)
Race/Ancestry: For some reason, I'm thinking Greek
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Dark brown, nearly black
Smile: Ermintrude has never been known to smile.
Personality: Ermintrude takes everything very seriously. She is quiet and studious, speaking up only to correct someone's grammar. Consequently no one really notices her. She is also mature for her age, and if she thinks anyone is being silly, she takes it upon herself to tell them off. Ermintrude is a very consistent, reliable sort of person-she has the same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. This consistency is also reflected in her few friendships
Dress Style: She dresses quite modestly
Thoughts on Boarding School: She thinks it is a wonderful learning experience, and she can't understand why the other students don't feel the same way
Other: It kind of seems like Ermintrude has had a dark/mysterious past, just as I'm writing this.

75 Reviews

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:40 pm
tori1234 says...

any more? come on people! use your imagination!
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:05 am
toribethh says...

Name: Elizabeth (Liz or Liza but never Lizzie or Beth) Winchester
Race: White
Ancestry: A small town in Pennsylvania
Hair: Mousy Brown
Eyes: Large Hazel eyes
Smile: Rarely smiles (see personality)
Personality: Exteremly painfully shy. she used to be more outgoing but she was raped by her best friends older brother she folded up inside herself. She doesn't talk to guys ever because she is worried that they will all be like Todd (the guy who raped her)
Dress Style: She is always all covered up. She always wears jeans and hoodies so that no one can see her figure.
Thoughts on Boarding School: She is okay with it. She decided to go because she needed to get away from Todd. THe farthest place away she could think of was England.
Other: She was very, very close to her friend. THey had known each other since they were 3.

I wish literally anything else I ever said made it into the quote generator.
— CowLogic