z

Young Writers Society

A Necessary Question...

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:05 pm
Krupp says...

Well, I have yet another idea for a story that'll probably be put to use in the future.

The problem is, I am thinking it may not be appropriate, so I'm asking for a general opinion from the YWS. The story revolves around the viewpoints between an anarchistic American terrorist being pursued by several mercenaries. Now, since the viewpoint sympathisez with the terrorist, is this a story that would be inappropriate for posting on YWS?

I honestly have no idea, but I'd like to know if I'd be better off not doing so.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:44 pm
Blink says...

I don't see why not.

I think what makes a story is when you give us something original. The world isn't black and white, and the best authors show us that. The worst stories are the one where there's a good guy who saves the day from an evil guy. It'd make an interesting read.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:52 pm
Rosendorn says...

I agree with Blink. Showing us something original is the whole point of writing.

One thing though, you might want to check what rating you'll need. A mod would be a person to ask.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:12 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

That sounds really original! It wouldn't be offensive at all -- we don't censor writing here.

If you think it has material that could be offensive, you should rate it accordingly (PG-13 or R).
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:26 pm
Krupp says...

Thanks people. Just thought I'd check. Some people think it's highly offensive to write about a terrorist from his own viewpoint and try to justify his ways...so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:31 pm
~Excalibur~ says...

Boo hoo, a terrorist. Chances are you are going to take more flak from being too simple or naive of actual intentions from people rather then be scolded for writing a story about one. The way Britain is going (and Australia for that matter) I'd only be concerned if you lived there, with the latest 'fictional characters are real' judgment and all the other junk they spout.

It would be smart not to try being original and research such things as structural strengths, home made bombs, chemicals, NBC procedures and anything muslim in America (or any country for that matter). Your problem will come from the government, not us. I don't think you'd fancy trying to explain to them just what you were doing when they show up on your doorstep. Lol
Currently writing Gaea Arc #1 - Poisoned Throne

Help Class 5-B get started! (Link works now)
topic44711.html

uwu
— soundofmind