z

Young Writers Society

New plans, thoughts, notes, etc.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:10 pm
Krupp says...

Well, it's 2009, and I still have yet to finish a follow-up story/novel/novella to It's in the Blood, which has never happened to me before. I usually get something finished in four or five months tops. But that's life I guess.

I've got too many stories in my head for my own good; they all are wanting to be written right now. So I guess I'd better set up a system of updates that shows what's good. So let's begin.

Keep it Cool: Still in progress. 260-some pages finished, very, very slowly making its way to finishing condition. I'm gonna say it'll be done before summer.

The Eulogy & The Keeper: Still in progress. 112 pages written, still trying to come up with ideas as to what I want to do with the characters and the story still. This one won't be coming out or finished any time soon.

Call of Io: Halted for now. I may get rid of this piece altogether and create a different science fiction story. A lighter hearted one with a sense of humor. but nothing's certain yet.

Script: Untitled, still in the planning process. This script is going to be my most ambitious work yet, if all goes to plan. It's going to be dark, pretentious, and reveal some personal conflicts that I struggle with. So far all I've got is that it'll be about a misanthropic student who committs suicide and finds himself in a dimension similar to purgatory where he meets his sinful self in the flesh, and is shown what he really is made of.

...Well, there we are, folks. I have a lot of work to do aside from college as well. I'm also headed out to Israel during March, where I hope to get some inspiration while dodging rockets and gunfire. Good times, good times. At least Static-X is putting a cd out in March. That just makes it sweeter.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

160 Reviews

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:26 pm
Krupp says...

Working on yet another story idea; but this one sounds like it's gonna go the distance.

It's about an American terrorist, and I get the feeling that, aside from the unbelievable dream I had last night, this one's gonna be a good one.

Not much else has been hapening lately. I've been too busy to write, unfortunately. I hope to make a difference later on this week. We shall see.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

160 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:47 pm
Krupp says...

After much debate, apart from suffering severe writer's block as of late, I've decided to put on hold every single project except for Keep it Cool. I will continue to write that, whenever I can. I have one other idea I might pursue, but I want to focus on Keep it Cool for now.

As it happens, I have decided to start recording music again. So that also takes priority. We'll see what happens down the road. But for now, Keep it Cool will be the one thing I'm continuously writing.

It's unfortunate that I've not been able to get anything going as of late. I honestly don't know what's holding me back. It's quite frustrating.

Random avatar

Reviews: 52
Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 pm
Monument Soul says...

whoa!!

despite you current blockage woes, I think you've come quite far.
You've managed to get organized, you've gotten a good right foot in a few of your works
you're working out solutions, and trying new things.

160 Reviews

Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:43 am
Krupp says...

SUCESS! I have finally broken through the wall of writer's block, thanks to a good idea that finally works for me. I'm sitting here at 11:40 at night, drinking an AMP writing happily. I'm working on a collection of 'short stories' that aren't really short stories. They're something less, but something MORE at the same time. Think of it as "minimalistic short stories" and you'll get the idea. I expect to post some of it as soon as I have a few of the "stories" done.

Terrific. I needed this; everything else in life just feels messed up right now. At least I have this to look forward to. No new news on the music project; i'm still taking time to figure out the software and recording programs I've set up.

We'll see how this weekend plays out.

160 Reviews

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:27 am
Krupp says...

I think my luck is finally hitting a stride. Not only did I win about $30,000 dollars in Texas Hold 'Em today on Facebook (Har har; laugh it up if you want. I don't blame you.) but I also broke my writer's block when it comes to my next novel Keep it Cool, which has been in the making for more than a year now. I have written 23 pages today, and I hope to be able to continue this throughout the next week or so. But we'll see. This weekend I"m on a road trip, and in about three weeks on spring break I'll be over in Israel.

But just the fact that I was able to write that much is something of a morale victory if nothing else. I need a cigar right now to celebrate properly.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:46 am
~Excalibur~ says...

I'm guessing the money is not redeemable for legal tender. :P

23 pages, nice. Is it double spaced and tabbed, or single spaced? Word counts are often more revealing then page counts. For all we know you could have been banging out them on 72 pt font instead of 12.
Currently writing Gaea Arc #1 - Poisoned Throne

Help Class 5-B get started! (Link works now)
topic44711.html

160 Reviews

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:54 pm
Krupp says...

Haha, you're right of course to ask about the font and double spacing. Yes, I double space. I've been doing that for years now. If I recall, that's what you're supposed to be doing anyway. But as for font, I switch back and forth between Times New Roman and Courier New fonts. I use 12 pt on both of them. Granted, I'm writing Keep it Cool in Courier, and if I switched over to Times New Roman there would be a lot less pages, but that's not what's important to me in the end. The fact that I was able to write anything at this point is remarkable, considering that it's been almost two months since I looked at the book even.

But for you I did a wordcount on what I did yesterday, and this is the number:

5,662 words. No lie here. Completely accurate.

40 Reviews

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:23 pm
~Excalibur~ says...

Yeah, I usually do about 1-2k in a sitting, and if I push hard no more then 6k or so a day typically. By my 12 pt times font, 23 pages would be over 15k words, depending on dialogue mostly.

Keep it up. Just remember to glance over it and make obvious edits as necessary. Whenever you write that much it tends to be loaded with errors.

topic44711.html

160 Reviews

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:43 pm
Krupp says...

Oh, it was...I'm fixing them as I write these, even.

160 Reviews

Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:20 pm
Krupp says...

New idea came to me as I sudenlly felt an urge to try something different today. After a music discussion came up in Philosophy today I felt the urge to try listening to the grindcore scatterings of Pig Destroyer. Now, grindcore is a nasty genre of music; it makes bands like Cannibal Corpse look clean and nice. I have a hard time listening to it; not because I have virgin ears (I'm not arrogant, but I can honestly say I've listened to bands that would give kids nightmares) but grindcore straight up freaks me out.

And listening to it, alone in my dorm, I found myself feeling claustrophobic, exposed and naked. I felt messed up. And thus, I came up with a new story idea; one that I'm pretty sure I'll start writing as soon as possible. And this one's for sure, unlike that last few ideas I was tossing around. Basically, this new idea will be a dark, screwed-up version of Keep it Cool. I won't say much about it now, but I'll say more in the future.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:39 am
Jay says...

Keep with one idea at a time! Don't try to write half a dozen things at once. You will go crazy and not have time for anything else. I suggest you put a lot of energy into one idea, and maybe add a little to the others every now and then. It sounds like you're much more inspired with Keep it Cool, so stick with that for now.

160 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:10 pm
Krupp says...

I am sticking with it. I'm just keeping tabs on the other ideas until I'm finished. I'm far too busy to do anything other than school right now though.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:48 pm
threm. says...

Ambitious yet worth it. :)

-threm.
"Don't judge me based on my works, so I won't judge you based on yours"

40 Reviews

Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:17 am
~Excalibur~ says...

How's it going Krupp? Surely you are not that busy? You could probably do 1000 words a day at least. Currently I am on a streak as I am filling my outlined plot holes, further stretching the work out, but I do keep tabs on ideas like you. Did 4500 words so far tonight and I think I will do another 2000-3000 before I go to sleep. PM me when you got something for me to read!

topic44711.html

"If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi