z

Young Writers Society

Good idea?

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:11 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

This is the premise for my next book. Girl survives a horrible car accident one in which kills all of her friends and boyfriend. After months of therapy she moves to a small town and swears she's being followed, by her dead boyfriend. She is saved by him when a freak accident(haven't decided what the accident is yet) Not only him, but her best friend and brother. She decides to prove that she isn't crazy after every one tells her that it would be impossible for them to be alive. When she starts digging she is kidnapped and brought to an underground facility that experiments with controversial science. It turns out the people that saved her are the clones of her previous friends. Much later she discovers that the scientist plan on completely up heaving the political system by replacing all the head with clones that they control. She and her human friend try to stop them but must fight the clones.

The clones will have psychic abilities
Pryokinesis
Telekinesis

If you read a synopsis similar to this at a book store would you read it?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:15 pm
Blink says...

I HAVE read a synopsis similar to that. Which isn't a good sign. I love the idea up to the clones overthrowing the government. Sounds like a dodgy sci-fi that I saw the other day.

I would love it if you could make these clones used in another way--a more unique one, not society and politics and such. One in which the main character has her emotional limits compromised by seeing clones of her friends, or something like that.

But stick with it! It could go somewhere--I didn't mean to put you off. Feel free to PM me with something.

Blinky
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:22 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

I glossed over the fact that the character is basically in a love triangle with her old boyfriend and his cloned. In truth I added the political aspect at the last minute. Since the clones are controlled by this organization she will have to fight the one she loves. I need that conflict of her fighting him, but it doesn't have to be political. Thanks
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:01 am
MexicanDefender says...

Like Blink said the doggy sci-fi

which is not bad because alot of people love sci-fi and if it is the direction you want to take your idea than great =] I would watch it if it ever made sci-fi channel.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:14 am
EmmVeePi says...

I think not a bad idea, though fairly significant in the plot, would be to have one friend survive the wreck. That way there is someone for her to lean on and confide in, which in the story will give the reader a better understanding of the main character.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:51 pm
Luvzi12 says...

I was quite enjoying it, and then the part with the clones made me think it's more of a whole series than one novel, and I'm not a massive fan os Sci-fi series, usually you can watch the first two and last two episodes and have not missed anything imo.

But anyway, I quite liked your premise, despite my own feelings, but this sentence "When she starts digging", I assumed you mean figuratively digging, and if so, I'm curious as to how she goes about doing this?

So far so good though :)
Follow me on Twitter

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:36 am
Lauren2010 says...

I liked it until the clones....yeah. It would be better without the whole political overthrow thing as it has been done before, in dodgy sci-fi ways. If you wish to stick with the clones other than your MC is just plain crazy (which could actually be very interesting, but i see where you can only get so far with that) you do have the question of why are a couple of random people being turned into clones?

It has potential, and i'm not a major sci-fi fan so i may not be an extremely credible answer for this. But I think it could be good.
Got YWS?

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe