28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:13 pm
Chloe(: says...

Just last night I thought of a new idea :D
It's starts off realistic, then becomes fantasy
Here is ze description:
Characters:
The main character is named Avril Perry, her enemy is a girl named Alison Reed, Both girls like this guy named Samuel Reynolds . . . And those are all of the characters I have so far. Cecilia Rankin, a witch

The beginning starts of all schoolish normality, but then! One day some of those characters go to a party. Well the party doesn't go so well and Avril ends up going home in tears. But on her way she hears strange voices calling her name over and over again. Suddenly a lady appears out of nowhere (who the voices were from of course). She curses (real curses, magical curses). Avril sees a flash of purple light and all is black. She has been knocked out. The lady takes her into a strange house and tells her once she's awake that she's become a witch (I'll find out how later). Her grandmother was a talented witch when she was younger but then she got lost. One of the whole points of this book is to find her grandmother. I don't know what happens next (I don't plan much), but I've decided that Alison is a witch too, and Avril finds that out later in the book. Alison is a witch from an evil family who they fight with. She's eeeeevil

What age should I make them? (at least 8th grade.)
edit: I've decided their 13

And if you have any other suggestions please post them
Thanks!
Last edited by Chloe(: on Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:22 pm
Dreami says...

I'm not sure that I like the idea of the two girls getting along in the end. Most people who truly despise someone else never get along, no matter what. Yes, characters will grow and develop, but that does not mean they will grow past every old prejudice they have.

Also, I think it would be difficult for someone else to give you suggestions on your villian. Conflict makes your story, and surely you know your story better than any outsider would. Just don't make some bumbling idiot in black with an icy voice who growls orders at his subordinates and trys to take over the world. Go for some depth, and maybe work on him so that the readers have a reason to personally hate them, and yet he should be sympathetic and a real person at the same time.

My only question at the moment is why of all the people in the world. would this woman choose this girl? I'm going to assume that she has been a witch for a long time, so wouldn't she surely be more prepared to fight an antagonist than some punk kid who is just coming into her powers?

28 Reviews

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:49 am

That gave me an idea . . .
So when she gets dragged into the house Cecilia tells her about this family of witches and warlocks who are evil. And Alison's part of that family?
And this woman chooses this girl cuz . . .
Hmm, her long grandmother was a very famous very talented witch.
But I'm still stuck on the age
I'm thinking 13 or 14
I'll go change the first post

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:06 am
MexicanDefender says...

I think it is a good idea as long as you can work out the kinks where you have not thought of yet. If you make them older than 13 than you can show progress as Alison perhaps knows Avril perry is a descendant of the powerful grandmother and Avril is getting hints through her childhood up until she is 18 where she finally discovers the truth after its too late to run and she gets captured.
"Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:57 pm
Luvzi12 says...

Why did she become a witch? Would it have happened anyway, like in Sabrina, or is it more like Harry Potter where the people are randomly chosen? Just wondered.

Honestly I think the Avril/Alison rivalry thing is a bit cliched and over done, this happens a lot and I always think "what are the odds of you 2 going to the same school?" By all means, if you're not intending to write the next bestseller then it's good, but if you want something different I would change that somehow. If she's going to find her grandmother then why would she stay in school?

Sorry I'm nitpicking so much, but I think you have a good idea, you just need to develop it a lot.
Follow me on Twitter

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:31 pm
in_a_blue_moon says...

That is an absolutely WICKED idea!!!
I reckon they should be fourteen, and her grandmother was famous... but in a bad way. Like, she's still alive somewhere, but she's on the bad side, and Avril meets her and gets double-crossed by her and almost killed, but Samuel REynolds or whatever comes and saves her somehow... I know, he's a wizard?
I know, I'm weird. :P

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:31 am
Jay says...

Sounds brilliant-In the story I'm editing/refining, I'm trying to get the teen drama-paranormal balance, so I'll be watching this to see what ideas you have.

28 Reviews

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:52 pm

I'm thinking of making it a screenplay, for Script Frenzy. Whaddaya think?

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:49 pm
tori1234 says...

hmmmmm, that's a good idea.

I do have one little tip, though. I don't really take younger people seriously when I read books, since there in 8th grade, how about making them 14 instead of 13? They're probably more likely to go to a party and walk home at 14.
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:03 pm
RubinLikes2Write says...

the only thing is wheres the fun in being 13? Its a great age and all but you cant drive theres almost always adult supervision, and their not as mature. I would make them at least 16 or 17
I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut its self.

He knew that elbow.
— soundofmind