z

Young Writers Society

New Story Idea?

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:04 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

This time I'm not going to do post an outline because I'm lazy and I personally like summaries better.

Guardian Angel (working title-will change)

When Michael Randall commits suicide, he winds up at pearly gates much to his surprise. But he doesn't stay there for long. God has plans for Michael and decides to send him back to Earth as a guardian angel. His "guardee" is Jesse Freeman, a loner in her new school with a secret. His only task was to befriend her but he also learns the inimaginable: how to love.

OK, thats basically my little summary. Though I'll give more on characters:

Michael Randall: 14 years old, committed suicide after years of mental and physical abuse from his uncle. Hates everything...though was very musical when "alive" and eventually teaches Jesse how to make a song to pass her music class.

Jesse Freeman: 14 years old, dad committed suicide...becomes a loner despite her usual cheery attitude, smart, has to take music class to pass freshman year.

I changed a lot since my last one. Tell me how you like it!!! Also, someone asked if I have any personal experiences with suicide. The answer is no though suicide prevention and child abuse are both topics I have a particular spot in my heart for. :D Also, I plan to make it Christian fictiony....

but yeah, suggestions comments strongly needed!
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:20 pm
Ducati says...

It sounds like it could be good...if you write it well. No offense to Jodi Picoult fans but she comes up with good ideas, similar to this, and ruins them :)
I think if you make the characters good, the story follows. But maybe that's just me.
When you look at your life, in a strange new room, maybe drowning soon, is this the start of it all?

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:26 pm
KailaMarie says...

That sounds interesting. I have a question, though. Can Jesse see Micheal or is he all ghostly?
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:43 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

She can see him like everyone else can. Though, Michael can disappear when he wants etc etc though yes he looks human. I'm debating if I should have the reader know that Michael is a guardian angel or save it for the end. Or like if Jesse knows he's an angel and when she finds out...

You know what? I should friend you....
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:54 pm
KailaMarie says...

:D Yay a new friend! Haha.

Let me know if you need any help, just PM me.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki