z

Young Writers Society

what are some good villan names?

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Thu May 08, 2008 1:20 am
Moving Forward says...

Heidigirl666 wrote:
Kang227 wrote:we could suggest a name like Bob in a fantasy novel.

Why couldn't someone in a fantasy novel be called Bob? It's a bit cliched to give all your fantasy characters fancy names.

Your characters do have to be your own; take a look at baby naming websites, have fun looking at all the different names and experiment to find one that fits. :wink:

I am so going to write a fantasy story with a character named Bob...(pardon the 'so'). It sounds excitingly refreshing. I once read a story about a dragon named Maur, a princess or something named Arianna, and a cousin named Peri-something. No wonder I forgot!
---insert signature here---

Random avatar

Reviews: 38
Sun May 18, 2008 1:05 am
View Likes
Squishy says...

greek mythology names for whatever god represents that person

not only are the names cool, but knowledgable readers will pick up on it right away and will be clued in fairly early on.

or...

use adjectives to name the people or personify their characteristics....

example: if your character is depressed, name her Melancholy

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sun May 18, 2008 1:33 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

Hey, my best piece of advice is think about something that scares you. Or something that scares others.

Example: I am scared of.... Thunder.

Name: Thunderella-Trusomose-Thunderus

something like that. Don't make it boring make is interseting.

best of luck
-Max
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun May 18, 2008 1:38 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Are you still doing this? If so, what is the genre that you're writing in?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Thu May 22, 2008 10:02 pm
View Likes
TheWordsmith says...

My advice is mess around with sounds until you like what it sounds like, then write it down. Buy a baby name book, or go to a baby name website. Um, ask someone who knows names really well. google it. did I help?

Reviews: 4
Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:19 pm
View Likes
Pingu says...

I find that Japanese names, found in Manga/Anime, are some of the best names for Villians. The main Villian in my Sci-fi is called Kanedama, while the protagonist is called Jiro. Japanese names are quite fun that way, because they all have a meaning. For instance, Kanedama was the japanese Oni of "Gold and money".

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:46 pm
NightsDreamer2277 says...

When stuck for names I usuallly ask my friends and such what they think would be good ideas. It also helps if you have fun creating your own names from bits and pieces of others. These are just a few I thought could work:

one is tough (boy) Rokto
the other has a tough front(boy) Seth
one is too sweet (painfully)(girl) Mikomi
and the last is pure evil (girl) Sarya
"When you need a stress relief, simply count to twenty. If you get to twenty and your still mad, go to a hundred. If you are mad after that, then go find some anger management, because we seriously have just wasted two minutes."-- Jazz

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:03 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

my advice is to name your villain Todd....I mean, seriously, who'd expect that? It's random, yes, but it's so simple that it'll make the readers laugh not matter what....
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:22 am
View Likes
uncreativename says...

Here's some adivice for finding names
search popular names from when your character was born so they are age appropraite names.
Find the meanings of the names that seem good it might give you some ideas, make you choose the name, or knock it off the list
It would also depend on when your story takes place and what genre the story is in but the name will end up being your choice. [this advice works for other characters not just villans]

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue May 10, 2011 2:11 am
View Likes
Merlin34 says...

Good villain names, let's see...

Cuddles
Sprinkles
Mr. Wubbles
http://maxhelmberger.com/
Advice on writing, funny articles, and more.

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney