Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Resources » Writers Corner

The Uber Writer's Block Thread

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:20 pm
View Likes
Enola says...

Take a long, musing, bath in tapioca pudding. Always works.

230 Reviews

Reviews: 230
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:14 pm
Horisun says...

Writers blocks the worst! I've had it twice while writing my current novel. Both times I just turned on music. Listen to it. Then type to the rythem. It sounds weird, but that's what helps me. Until I read through it. Then I cringe despite my friends and family telling me it's awsome. But I keep going. And you should too.

230 Reviews

Reviews: 230
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:20 am
Horisun says...

I've been having a case of the dreaded writers block, I have come to a point in my novel that's one of the slowest, but is very important to the plot. I haven't been writing as often, but I'm slowly picking up the pace again, I basically gave myself Chrismas break to take a vacation from writing, but I'll be starting again soon.

1706 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1706
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:36 pm
BluesClues says...

I had a fun time last night with chapter 4: The characters had to get in touch with a wizard, but I took away their mode of communication because it made things too easy or else raised questions as to why they didn't use it earlier. So I came up with a solution to that, but then I realized that with new things I added to the story it may not make sense for the characters to call the wizard anyway.

But then again wouldn't they at least try? I mean, they are running out of options.

Anyway, set it aside for the night because I felt like I was bashing my head into a wall. I'm also unfortunately realizing I'll probably need to go back and fix some things I wrote into the last three chapters. So, you know. Revisions are going *screams* SO WELL.

"I think; therefore, I am."
— RenĂ© Descartes