z

Young Writers Society

The Uber Writer's Block Thread

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:31 pm
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

Yeah, I'm there with Jasmine. I've been whining about it for weeks now, but it's been going on for months. I'm just not writing at all. I'll think that I'm doing great (in that I'm all over YWS) but when I actually think about it, I'm not getting anything done on my own work. At all...

Seriously, I feel worthless. I want to go and get my novel done, but I just can't seem to work up the enthusiasm to do it. I'll sit and think "okay, I'm going to get some writing done" but then I'll find something else that isn't as important to me and do it instead. I'm actually kind of doing that right now by whining about it here instead of sitting down and making myself write.

I feel so dead right now. I don't feel like a writer. I've been reading over my old stuff and having fun doing it (alternate moments of "wth? what was I thinking?" and "omg! this is so great! why can't I write like this now?") but I'm not writing anything new.

I don't know what's wrong with me. If this is Writer's Block, I've never had it like this before. Usually it was just that I was stuck or just wasn't enthusiastic and had to force myself to write. But this is just utter apathy.

*feels depressed now*

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:51 pm
View Likes
HC says...

I am a constant sufferer. :P So I've decided to design a mind-wall on my ceiling. Basically, lots of prompts, inspiring pictures, random thoughts, lyrics etc. on huge sheets on my ceiling so that I can just lie down on my bed when I'm stuck, and see if anything inspires me.

I also have a folder full of interesting articles that might spark something. I'm forward-planning for summer so I can write like the wind (?), and so I don't reach a block. I need to have a productive time. :P

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:42 pm
View Likes
Reason Invalid says...

It seems like I'm suffering a peculiar case of writer's block. I have not even seriously started writing anything and I am already stuck on the process of starting. Perhaps it's a bit unnatural for me to call this a writer's block when I don't even have an aim or a general outline of a story, but then having the motivation to write yet lacking in inspiration is quite a nuisance. There don't seem to be much or any remedies for this problem, however. D:
It is only when dissonance plays one will find pleasure in consonance.
topic34094.html <-- Free Reviews

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:37 pm
View Likes
CrystalSorceress says...

I've been having issues with writers' block too. It's not that I don't know what to write. It's not that I don't want to write. I'm actually better prepared for this story than a lot of the one's I've written in the past. I know where I'm headed for once, instead of just wandering blindly into the story. I've outlined the plot, and I know most of the scenes that I want to put in the story.

So, why can't I write it down? I've even written out a large portion of them in my mind, but when it comes to putting it on paper, it never happens.

I just hope it ends. I told myself I'd finish this story before school starts again, and I've barely started.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.- Theodor S. Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss)

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:11 pm
View Likes
alwaysawriter says...

That's got to be frusterating. :(

I've been on writer's block for a few months. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote five lines of a story and then got stuck again. For some reason, in most cases, I'm either writing like crazy or on writer's block. Once I get back to school, I should be off it; I draw a lot of my ideas from school and with me not really doing anything this summer, I've been lacking inspiration anyway.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:46 am
View Likes
kris says...

OMG! i get the worlds' worst writers block sometimes. To negate it I go to the gym :D helps get rid of the stress bunnies so i can think properly. Also 'cos there is little at the gym to occupy my mind with, it can be a great place to think about characters or plots etc

Goodluck
Love
Kris
x

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:11 pm
View Likes
StrangeNerd says...

When I get writer's block, I read or listen to music. It's oddly inspiring. :)
If you're reading this, then you will have realised that I have a rubbish sig.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:23 pm
View Likes
thunder_dude7 says...

I try to de-streesify myself. How do I do that?

I relax in a perfect encironment. By perfect, I mean all 5 sences are saying, "Wow, this is great!" I burn a scented candle, look outside, listen to my favorite music, make myself comfortable, and eat chocolate.

If you can't do that, just eating chocolate will do :D

EDIT: OK, I seriously have writers block. Whenever I type in the chapter number and title, I've always followed through. This is bad :shock:

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:31 am
View Likes
romance otaku says...

well, a it after i stared writing, i suddenly had writers block. then i found Techno. ive been good to go ever since^_^

and if that doesnt work, put some on you pod and find the biggest hill you can. stand up there (i lean against my bike) and stare into space. i usually am staring into space anyway...

since i live in a development that has a bunch of empty lots next to each other, they have been turned into an awsome bike/ATV track, with hills, jumps, and forest paths. there is one pretty big hill over there i go on when im bored out of my mind
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:39 am
View Likes
Krupp says...

I finally threw the yoke of writers block off of my shoulders today...

and wrote at least twenty pages for my novel Keep it Cool....man it felt good.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:35 am
Brandon1107 says...

I really need help.

I've been writing an outline to a story for the past 6th months, but haven't been totally serious about it yet. I vowed that I would start seriously writing after Summer, but the other day when I was looking for a book, I read the back of another book and it's synopsis on the back was oddly like my book. Now I have never read that book, but it seriously discouraged me and I find that I should think of a new story even though I really like my old story.

And now every time I try to think of a new plot it seems that I can think of another book almost like it!! Help me.

Reviews: 4
Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:28 am
dreaming_in_poetry says...

I don't think that my current problem isn't writer's block so much as nervousness... I don't want to write something because I already have a completed manuscript that I can't seem to submit...

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:39 am
View Likes
Krupp says...

wow...it seems that August is my lucky month. My writer's block has been stemmed off once again by yet ANOTHER novel that I"m beginning...The Lynchburg Papers.

I'm starting to like this month more and more...
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:26 am
View Likes
C.J. Mustang says...

The way I usually deal with writers block is this:

I just play solitare on the computer until I can think of something, or I go back to the beginning of the story and edit. When I get to the part I was stuck on, I am usually able to think of something. ^_^
Sorry, I don't have any leeches on my speed dial.
~Jacob Black

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:04 am
LilyJamey says...

Either it's writer's block or lack of perseverance. I already outlined my story, wrote two chapters, when bam! I just couldn't think of anything. And I feel so guilty. Gah.

I know exactly how the storyline goes, but I can't put it into proper words. It sounds ridiculously cheesy, and everytime I do manage to write something, I delete it again because it never seems to fit. Then I edit, and it suddenly leaves the well-laid track. I already killed an MC in another story because she just insisted on not doing what I wanted her to (charged with first degree murder, yep.).

I don't know if this makes any sense, but I wrote a prologue and 1st chappie, but stopped. Then months later I wrote again, then stopped again. It's like the writing comes to me in bouts. Maybe I just don't have the persistance. It's thoroughly exasperating.
Got YWS?

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content