z

Young Writers Society

The Uber Writer's Block Thread

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:49 am
Monki says...

I don't have writer's block. I've just come to see some poor saps moan and groan about theirs. I know. I'm mean. Get used to it. Lmao.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:29 pm
View Likes
idle muse says...

I usually listen to some sort of movie music. That normally gives me at least some ideas.
Religion is the opium of the masses
- Karl Marx -
Democracy is the worst form of goverment, except for all the others that have been tried.
- Winston Churchill -

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:56 am
View Likes
onceuponatim3xo says...

Uggggggghhhhh WRITER'S BLOCK I HATE YOU!!!!!!! *See siggy*

I just murdered the writer's block I had a week or two ago - it was probably the WORST writer's block I have ever had! It was terrible! It lasted for a really long time, and after completely redoing the story three times, I just dropped it and started a new one. An excellent thing, because now I'm writing a lot more.

(Don't drop your stories for the heck of it though, only after redoing it three times as I have done should you do it. :D )

As for writer's block:

:smt099
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-Buddha

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:43 am
christy says...

I had a stupid postponement of progress not too long ago trying to decide whether or not I wanted to give one of my characters a gun, but for the longest time couldn't figure out a good explanation or reason (besides to make eveyone else VERY suspicious) and one morning over spring break the next like 4000 words, involving a gun, just suddenly came into mind. It was weird. And it only worked out like that once. I know, because I'm trying to get the same thing to happen again and it isn't going so well.
'I finished a manuscript and my editor said "great, now rewrite it" and I said, man, I'll just photo copy it,' __Mitch Hedberg

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat May 10, 2008 2:22 am
View Likes
Meep says...

*head/desk*

I've had the worst writer's block lately ... thought it'd ease up once I finished with my finals, but no such luck. It's gotten worse. I've started keeping some journals (interesting stuff + dreams and other New Age nonsense) but it's still te most awful feeling.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Mon May 19, 2008 1:45 am
View Likes
Conrad Rice says...

I've had writer's block for a little while. It's prevented me from coming up with any new stories. Thankfully, it hasn't gotten in the way of any old stories being edited. So I've been going over old stories, touching them up and trying to make them presentable. Hopefully when I'm done editing the old stuff some new stuff will be waiting for me. :)
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:30 pm
View Likes
Alainna says...

I have had writers block for two months. Is that even healthy? Can I even call myself a writer any more?

Argh.

It has to end soon or I'm going to go mad (and give up on my current novel completely).

xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:34 pm
View Likes
myfreindsavamp says...

NO! Dn't give up. All you do is go on to something else.

As said in a how to write a novel for dummys: It will come to you even when your not thinking about it.

It works. Try it.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:52 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

Hello. I got a question: how do you all deal with that dreaded block?
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:17 pm
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

Hmmm...with everyone, it's different. Like, if I get a block, I just go through my entire story, reading it all the way through. I usually put on some music about half-way through and try to focus on what I had planned to write next. It works most of the time, but you have to try and find your own way of dealing with it. 'Kay?
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:15 pm
Stori says...

Ok. I'll try some different ways.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:46 pm
View Likes
gamechanger10 says...

wow...this is probably the first thing i've written in three days--aside from IMs with people.

i know some of you are all: "I've had writers block for two months!"

but i've only had it for three days and i'm pretty sure i'm suffering from writing withdrawl...i'm suprised that i can still type...

i finished my third book in june...and haven't really written anything good since then...

its miserable...and this one guy keeps bugging me to write a sequel...we came up with a whole plan for it, but i just can't seem to put it on paper...

ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!!!
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm
View Likes
Krupp says...

I have writers block all the time....

On two seperate occasions after finish a novella and a full-blown novel, I didn't write anything for months. After finishing the novella, I suffered for six or seven months. After finishing the novel, I suffered for only four months.

It's come to the point where I'm quite used to it, so I treasure whenver I'm writing and love it for what it is. I'm not really bothered by writer's block anymore. I just look at it as a time to enjoy other fine things in life; writing music is one of those things. Smoking cigars is another.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:26 am
View Likes
myfreindsavamp says...

I just finally started a book (posable novel) and it's a tragic story but my mom thinks it's okay so far. She got lost at one point and I'm glad she asked me about it too....

But ya! I started something I plan to finish!
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:45 pm
View Likes
Jasmine Hart says...

I'm just...not writing...
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.
— Patrick Star