z

Young Writers Society

The Uber Writer's Block Thread

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:26 am
View Likes
Stori says...

A good way to get over writers' block, I've found, is to keep a journal. At least then you're writing something fairly regularly. Don't buy a separate notebook for stories or poetry; write that and your journal in the same place.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:14 pm
View Likes
niccy_v says...

With Stepping Into Static getting so many reviews these days I haven't got writers block per say, because I am always creating new plotlines and stuff for that.
It'd better make me money XD *evil laugh* or I might just throw myself down a sewer or two...

Right now I've got this wicked Werewolf story going along nicely, annd an epic novel currently in outline-stage about a fictional island where the weather is controlled and then these teens get washed up... I kill them all off pretty much. Bad Nichola...

I got lots of writers block until I decided to begin literally 42 stories, each with fantastic openings, this month, and then stopped them for future reference if I get blocked.

:)
Writing gives my life purpose

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:17 am
View Likes
Ducati says...

I don't want to write. But I feel as if I must because I owe it to my characters. Is that messed up or what?
When you look at your life, in a strange new room, maybe drowning soon, is this the start of it all?

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:05 am
View Likes
Monki says...

I am Writer's Block Central. I haven't written anything in at least two months. No lie. xD I'm terrible.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:13 am
View Likes
October Girl says...

What I do during my tough writers block is turn on music as mentioned above me a couple of posts and try to add more detail into my characters. If you have tough writers block it doesn't mean give up, or give in, it means relax and wait for it to come to you. There weird thing is that when you have writers block obviously you don't get anything, but when you have so many ideas you don't know what to choose from, write them down and maybe you could put them in others stories. I hope this helps.

-Max
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:34 am
View Likes
SeleneForeverDream says...

I actually start writing after I come out of the shower. I like making up songs, so usually that helps. But it also clears your mind and makes you calm, allowing thoughts to come more easily. So my advice is take some showers. :D
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:25 pm
View Likes
charmed333 says...

Okay. I have a question. I try and read alot to improve my writing form, but whenever i try to think up a new story, i can only think of the plot for the book i just read, and whatever i write turns out to just be a replica of that book. I need some help! What do i do??
"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
shall be lifted-nevermore!"
-Edgar Alan Poe

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:23 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

Practice. Keep writing until you're satisfied.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:52 pm
View Likes
.:Echelon:. says...

Stori, you just answered your own question XD
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:17 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

first Stori, i get over it by taking a shower or i just take a lazy hour and lay in bed

now charmed, try to take the plots from several of the books and take different part mixing them up, or take that first book and do that taking parts out and replacing stuff from your head. That's what i do

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:10 pm
View Likes
charmed333 says...

Thanks so much!!
"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
shall be lifted-nevermore!"
-Edgar Alan Poe

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:01 pm
View Likes
LydiaB says...

I had it for a while when I couldn't write...
But I became so screwed up. I grew more depressed and less motivated in everything until I finally decided to "pick up the pen" again. I guess that writing is just a big part of me now that I just have to do it...
-Lydia
Is Pat Buchanan the answer to everything in your life? If so, put "Pat Buchanan" in your signature.

If you're looking for a good fantasy story in need of help...
Purple Magic
:D

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:09 pm
View Likes
Nutty says...

When I get writer's block I get down ><;
So I come on here and crit. Or blog. Or do storybooks. Just anything to do with writing.
Or I'll start a new story (bad habit, I have so many unfinished stories!)
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:24 pm
View Likes
Arcaus says...

Hello Young writers

I am new to your meta-physical establishment, and i am hoping this post will break my forum virginity, never used one and scanning though...its making my head hurt.

I am a regular sufferer of a extremly intense form writers block, but i think it would be a lie to call it a block, but it is an obstacle, i have moderatly palatble ideas for stories but find it very hard to follow them through, finding new ideas for to write about past the inital few sentances is a challenge, and i find after the first few pages i have lost interest in the peice and find myslef giving up, and then moving on to the next half started peice and i was wondering if anyone could help, i rarely plan ahead with my peices and make them up on the spot, is this a factor? please any thoughts are apreciated

ARCAUS

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:57 pm
View Likes
Mars says...

Arcaus, I think the main thing is that you have to find an idea that you're really passionate about. Planning can help, because once you know what's going to happen, it's easier to put it into words.

I wrote my first poem in ages today.

(!!!!)
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory