Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Resources » Writers Corner

The Uber Writer's Block Thread

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:20 pm
View Likes
Enola says...

Take a long, musing, bath in tapioca pudding. Always works.

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:14 pm
Horisun says...

Writers blocks the worst! I've had it twice while writing my current novel. Both times I just turned on music. Listen to it. Then type to the rythem. It sounds weird, but that's what helps me. Until I read through it. Then I cringe despite my friends and family telling me it's awsome. But I keep going. And you should too.

264 Reviews

Reviews: 264
Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:20 am
Horisun says...

I've been having a case of the dreaded writers block, I have come to a point in my novel that's one of the slowest, but is very important to the plot. I haven't been writing as often, but I'm slowly picking up the pace again, I basically gave myself Chrismas break to take a vacation from writing, but I'll be starting again soon.

1727 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1727
Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:36 pm
BluesClues says...

I had a fun time last night with chapter 4: The characters had to get in touch with a wizard, but I took away their mode of communication because it made things too easy or else raised questions as to why they didn't use it earlier. So I came up with a solution to that, but then I realized that with new things I added to the story it may not make sense for the characters to call the wizard anyway.

But then again wouldn't they at least try? I mean, they are running out of options.

Anyway, set it aside for the night because I felt like I was bashing my head into a wall. I'm also unfortunately realizing I'll probably need to go back and fix some things I wrote into the last three chapters. So, you know. Revisions are going *screams* SO WELL.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:48 am
View Likes
tgham99 says...

I feel like I have preemptive writer's block, if that's even a real thing. My trouble is always figuring out how to get a story/poem/etc. actually started -- once I defeat the introductory writer's block, I find that it's easier to keep going after that, but so far I've struggled to overcome the initial issue of getting the ball rolling.
"Writing well means never having to say, 'I guess you had to be there.'" -- Jef Mallett

♡ ♡ ♡

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart