z

Young Writers Society

A Writer's Schizophrenia 4/16/09

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:30 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Sooo...I went to check my email this morning, and lying there in my inbox was this letter:

"Dear (Sunny),

Thank you for writing to me about your novel. I'd be glad to take a look at
the first 100 pages of the manuscript to see if I think that I can be of
help to you on it.

Please send the material via regular mail (instead of email) and be sure to
enclose return postage if you'd like it returned to you. I'll try to be as
prompt as possible with my reply.

In the meantime, I look forward to reading your work.

Marianne Merola
Brandt & Hochman Literary Agents, Inc.
1501 Broadway, suite 2310
New York, NY 10036
Phone: 212-840-5773
Fax: 212-840-5776"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

*insane happy dance*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:07 pm
Twit says...

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :D :D :D

That's so cool, Sunny! :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:05 am
ButterFlyInk says...

Everyone join in it's happy elephant dance time for Sunny!
:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :P

Good luck Sunny =]
["DD:why are you wearing 2 hats? GM: because i have 2 hats!" XD ]

"my mind isn't working properly..and so my fingers are following the trend." ~ Me

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:42 am
Angel of Death says...

Yay! *bakes cake and sends in the mail*
Congrats Lyrical!

I hope they like it.
~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:42 pm
Sohini says...

Wow...you are such an inspiration. No really ... you are so devoted to your work.

Well done !!! And good Luck!!!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

241 Reviews

Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:45 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Wow, thank you guys. I'm sending off the partial this morning. :) I'm excited, but panicky at the same time. Like I keep asking myself, "Is this the write format for a cover letter? Is this manila envelope too big? Do I have enough stamps?" Yeah lol.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:58 am
niccy_v says...

Ohh i love casting people for characters.
The men on google are simply divine...
*insert evil laugh*

New faces are great thankyou for that!!
Writing gives my life purpose

241 Reviews

Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:05 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

I got my partial manuscript back in the mail with a very polite cover letter that said, essentially, "You're good, but you're not what I'm looking for." Which is both encouraging and discouraging at the same time. On the one hand, a literary agent just read half of my novel. On the other, the literary agent didn't really like it. :( But I'm still waiting to hear back from several more, including my top two choices, so there's still hope. Plus I had a dream last night that my first-choice literary agent wanted to represent FIREBRAND. :D So maybe that was a premonition-y thing. *shrug* Who knows.

Over and out,
~Sunny

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:01 pm
Twit says...

Aw, never mind. Plenty more fish in the sea! :D

You know, you and Gyr are really paving the way, so don't get discouraged. :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:28 am
Sureal says...

This is all very cool. =)

Any more news?

Also, is Firebrand on YWS? I'd be interested in reading it, y'see.
I wrote the above just for you.

241 Reviews

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:50 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Sunny's Update:

Sent out one more partial manuscript to an agent who requested it. She read it in one day, said she loved Marc's voice and narrative, but she wasn't crazy about the fantasy. She did tell me that if I ever wrote a more contemporary YA novel, then I should submit it to her. :)

A day after I got this message from her, I got an email from my favorite author's literary agent requesting the full manuscript. And now I'm about to die of anxiety. *breathes into a paper bag*

Thank you guys so much for supporting me in all this. It's awesome to have your encouragement and advice.

Sureal: Firebrand isn't on YWS. I don't want to post it on the internet because now that I'm trying to sell it I'm not sure where the copyright/legality issues begin and end. I let TL G-Wooster read part of it over email, however, so if anyone would like to read a few chapters, let me know and I'll send them to you.

You all rock my socks. :)

~Sunny

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:29 am
Angel of Death says...

Me please!!! I wanna read!!!

And keep trying!

~Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:55 pm
Krupp says...

Yeah, dang, don't give up. You're progressing further than some of us have ever gone.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:09 pm
Twit says...

Oh-h, picture! I like that one better than the first one (Wed Oct 10, 2007). More... thing, you know?

#TNT

241 Reviews

Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:34 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Hear ye, hear ye.

Sunny has officially begun Firebrand's fabulous sequel, titled...um...well, that'll come in time. And it has a plot. And new characters. And prettyful twists that will probably get me behead by devoted fans (if I ever have devoted fans).

Anyway, the point is that I'm actually writing again, instead of editing. I'm excited. If possible, the second book is going to be even more angst-ridden than the first. Which is saying something. :evil grin:

In the winter months, gale storms in Svalbard can reach wind speeds of 130 km/h. Accompanied by or following snowfall, such storms can reduce visibility dramatically, more so in the winter months of the polar night. During these storms, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian