z

Young Writers Society

Horrors of Lecraesa

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:22 pm
Writersdomain says...

*looks around* All right, I'm going to revive this. I'm editing Flames and Tears of Lecraesa now and I'll probably use this thread for questions on editing certain things, an occasional rant or so and a place to run by some ideas I have for the new drafts. So, yeah.

At a glance, Flames has a pretty solid plot with a few travelling situations. The main problem here is integrating the complicated backstory and prophecy that plays a huge part in Tears better. This will mostly be editing specific scenes to revamp the old writing, less actual rewriting.

At a glance, Tears is better on the writing front, but the plot goes haywire and wanders with all the characters being covered. I already know of two subplots I am cutting entirely. I've also had complaints about the ending being too neat and tidy, so these things will be addressed.

First step: reread Flames and Tears and take notes on the plot flow, thematic development and character transformations. That way I know what to weave more evenly throughout. And--get back into the characters. Off we go!

I'm going to save the drafts of the first few chapters I posted on YWS a while back and remove them, I think. I will post at least the first chapter of my new draft when I get there. :wink:

<3

Anybody have any editing tips off the bat?
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14