z

Young Writers Society

Lilyy's scribblings

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:10 pm
Lilyy03 says...

So. After a couple unsuccessful attempts at writing novels (or very long short stories) over the years, I've decided to try doing it properly. ^_^ I think my lack of success before was because I lacked planning and perseverance. The planning part I'm working on now (with the snowflake process), and I can only hope that I'll have the perseverance. :D

I actually have two ideas right now--they're both fantasy, and I've done some outlining and character building for each of them. One takes place during the Great Depression; three children discover a magic that makes their imaginings real. The other is about magic and supernatural creatures appearing in a world that's apparently hurtling towards an apocalypse (I'm still not sure if this one would take place in a futuristic "real world", or a fantasy world). I only want to do one at a time, though... I'll see how they each go.

So there's my sketchy beginning. ^_^

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:21 am
Myth says...

Good luck, Lily.

It is always great to start character development, etc, before the actual writing. I know it helps me a lot.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

116 Reviews

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:10 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Thanks Myth! It does seem to be helping a lot... Though I have actually started writing the prologue and first chapter even though I haven't finished outling... I couldn't help myself. Lol.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:24 am
Elelel says...

YAY!!! Everyone loves a prologue! Your ideas sound interesting! Good luck with the new planning tactics!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

116 Reviews

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:22 pm
Lilyy03 says...

Thanks Elelel :D

I'm a bit psyched about my second idea (the one about supernatural creatures) at the moment. Yesterday I finally though up a would-be scientific explanation for magic appearing in that world, what that magic would do, and how humans could possibly use it. I also had luck with names--I thought of a possible title for the novel (Rob the Skies), as well as first and last names for some of the main characters. Last but not least, I have an idea for how the whole thing ends.

So yeah, I guess I've made progress!

As for the actual outling... Mm, I'm plodding along. It's not terribly exciting yet. :P

Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley