z

Young Writers Society

Cassandra's [Procrastination of] Writing

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:38 pm
Cassandra says...

I love writing-related rants. :D

So let's see. What have I got going on right now?

NaNoWriMo 2006

This, as many of you know, has come to a screeching halt since November. I'm taking a nice, long break from it at the moment, and I'm not sure when I'm going to go back and finish it and/or edit it.

W.I.P

This is what I'm excited about right now. :D

Admittedly, I'm only writing Chapter 3 right now, but I've got most of said chapter written, plus 1000 words of Chapter 4.

Basically what happened is:

--I stared this project December 2005/January 2006
--I was a loser and wrote next to nothing, plus everything I wrote was handwritten in a notebook
--Summer 2006 I hated what I had written and started over
--I got involved in NaNoWriMo
--I recently used the Outline Helper here, made by the same person as the NaNoWriMo Report Card I used in the fall. That, paired with this article helped me to really get a feel for this novel, and I've since rearranged the scenes I previously had written, plus I cut many scenes entirely. I'm also pleased because I have finally figured out how this will end.

My goal for this W.I.P. is to finish the rough draft by October 1, at which time I'll be preparing for NaNo 2007, but so far, I'm doubtful this will happen.

Regardless, I've been writing on my novel since I did the outline stuff mentioned above, so that's progress, and any sort of progress is good!
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:52 pm
Sam says...

Progress is always good!

What are your novels about? I remember being really jealous when you finished NaNo about a week and a half ahead of me. :wink: 'Twould be nice to know more about my envy...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:09 pm
Wiggy says...

All right, Cass! *throws confetti* I've had my novel on a halt too, for now. I just can't seem to get any ideas! I know I want to write it, but I want to finish my short story first...yiyiyi!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

161 Reviews

Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:31 am
Cassandra says...

Descriptions, you say? Well, I'll tell you about my NaNo, because it's fairly ridiculous, but for right now, I'm not going to say too much about my W.I.P. ;)

NaNoWriMo 2006

Well, Claudette was my NaNo buddy during this grueling month, so blame her if this sounds stupid, because she liked it. ;)

Basically, I have two main characters, and the point of view switches every other chapter. And the setting is a freak show in maybe the 1920s, but I need to do some serious fact-checking.

Charon

Charon is a little demon boy who I totally ripped off from Phantom of the Opera. His face is deformed, so he wears a sort of burlap sack over his face all the time.

Agustus

Not one of the view point characters, but a main character nonetheless. He is Charon's master and controls everything in his life. He loves Florence Helene and views Charon as more of a "thing" than a person.

Florence Helene

Florence is a ballerina in the freak show's ballet troupe, and Agustus is madly in love with her. However, she does not love him back; she thinks he's disgusting.

So basically, Agustus loves Florence, but she doesn't love him. So she pretends to love Charon, who gets upset when he realizes she doesn't really love him. Florence gets injures herself while dancing and is told she will never be able to dance again and will be thrown out of the freak show with nowhere to live, until a priest from the town the freak show is stationed at offers to take her in. This priest is known for his charity, and the fact that he takes orphans and the like in. Florence goes to live with him, and finds out this priest is not as law-abiding as he seems.

And that's about all I've figured out so far--this is very unfinished. However, I do know that Charon goes on a big killing spree at the end. XD

So, in short: love triangles galore! :D

Still jealous, Sam? I thought not. ;)
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:39 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

*is reminded of Dr. Jonathan Crane and his dark and twisty alter-ego The Scarecrow from Batman Begins*

Whee! I always wondered what your NaNo was about Cass, now I know.

Sounds fun.

:D
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:33 am
Wiggy says...

Oh, tell more! I looooove love triangles. :D *is reminded of Lost*
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:18 pm
Sam says...

Oh, my God!

*dies in heap of coolness* The freak show? That's got to be nice and conflict-happy. :D

Just the setting has got to be yummy. Old fashioned, but not enough so to be uncool.

...yeah, I'm still jealous. Only more so than before. :wink:
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

161 Reviews

Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:35 am
Cassandra says...

Hee hee. Thanks, guys.

I wish I could be writing right now, but alas: English homework. I suppose I shouldn't be complaining, though: it is writing, even if it's poetry.
-Chuck Palahniuk

That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo - and it's worth fighting for.
— Samwise Gamgee