z

Young Writers Society

calling all writers

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:54 pm
View Likes
Krystalstars says...

Hey guys. As most of you know I am writing two books, "The war path" and "God save the queen."
Recently I made a website for my books and poems on freewebs. On there I put a FAQ's page and so far all I have is a FAQ for "The war path." If you guys could come up w/ some questons for the book it would be much appreciated! I know some of you who commented on the books while they were up had some awesome questons if you would just ask them here I would love it!
Thanks,
Krystal Stars

p.s. it's www.freewebs.com/bandageingthewounds (Make sure it's spelled like that)
God made us Best friends because he knew our moms couldn't handle us as sisters.....

75 Reviews

Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:46 am
View Likes
Krystalstars says...

I have now opened FAQ's for 3 of my poem/songs
God made us Best friends because he knew our moms couldn't handle us as sisters.....

75 Reviews

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:54 pm
View Likes
Krystalstars says...

Any1 have tips for a slow computer???

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:24 am
shadowstorm says...

Sorry, but all I can say is to have as few programs running as possible. Maybe if you close some background things (CTRL+ALT+DEL, Processes) it would help, but if you don't know what you're doing when you do stuff to those you could mess up stuff. Umm.... Have patience is the best thing, I guess, unless you upgraded your computer or got a new one. Sorry I couldn't help more. :(
Problems are like mould; if not stopped,they grow and spread until even the air is filled with the poison of their spores.

75 Reviews

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:53 pm
Krystalstars says...

shadowstorm wrote:Sorry, but all I can say is to have as few programs running as possible. Maybe if you close some background things (CTRL+ALT+DEL, Processes) it would help, but if you don't know what you're doing when you do stuff to those you could mess up stuff. Umm.... Have patience is the best thing, I guess, unless you upgraded your computer or got a new one. Sorry I couldn't help more. :(

That waz a huge help! Thanx!

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:19 pm
View Likes
Meep says...

My computer was being really, really slow.
So I bought more ram. 512MB for $20. (Yay, sales!) It was worth it, and the nice people at the computer store will usually install it for a fee, so you don't have to. (I had a friend install mine.)
... that, and be sure to check for spyware/virii, because they can seriously slow down a computer. (I mean seriously.)

edit: looking over your website, I found a lot of typos. (Even bandaging, in your title & URL, was spelled wrong. *meep*) I would recommend copy + pasting all of your text (even the navigation, I see spelling errors there, too) into Microsoft Word or whatever, spell checking, and then pasting the fixed up version back into your pages.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

75 Reviews

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:08 pm
View Likes
Krystalstars says...

Meep wrote:My computer was being really, really slow.
So I bought more ram. 512MB for $20. (Yay, sales!) It was worth it, and the nice people at the computer store will usually install it for a fee, so you don't have to. (I had a friend install mine.)
... that, and be sure to check for spyware/virii, because they can seriously slow down a computer. (I mean seriously.)

edit: looking over your website, I found a lot of typos. (Even bandaging, in your title & URL, was spelled wrong. *meep*) I would recommend copy + pasting all of your text (even the navigation, I see spelling errors there, too) into Microsoft Word or whatever, spell checking, and then pasting the fixed up version back into your pages.

Okey, I'll try. I'll tell you, this whole spelling thing is sooooooooooo hard!!!!!!!!

210 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:04 am
View Likes
Meep says...

Spelling's pretty important in both writing and webdesign, especially if you hand code your pages. (I'm guessing you don't, but I don't know.) It's really important to spell check things.

75 Reviews

Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:45 pm
View Likes
Krystalstars says...

Meep wrote:Spelling's pretty important in both writing and webdesign, especially if you hand code your pages. (I'm guessing you don't, but I don't know.) It's really important to spell check things.

What's handcode?

210 Reviews

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:00 pm
View Likes
Meep says...

When you use Notepad and literally hand code your work, as in, actually type out everything.

Code: Select all
<html>
<head>
<title> TITLE </title>
</head>
<body>
content~
</body>
</html>

That's a (super basic) hand coding layout: you type that into Notepad and save it as .html. Of course, formatting is a whole 'nother dealie, which I won't even try to get into here. If you're looking to learn to hand-code your sites (which I'd recommed), try looking at places like this and this and especially this.

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:04 am
View Likes
McMourning says...

Krystalstars, Freewebs users don't handcode, though, so there's nothing to worry about. You'll need to learn it if you ever create your own site from scratch.

(Although, no offense, but I think handcoding is better than using Freewebs, because Freewebs was always screwy when I tried using it.)
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

210 Reviews

Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:33 am
Meep says...

(Prefab layouts like Freewebs and Geocities tend to have wonky coding. If you want to have complete control over your design, I'd recommend graffiti.net for hosting and kickme.to or something similar for a URL redirect.)

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
— Ernest Hemingway