z

Young Writers Society

Oblivion

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:33 am
HeadInTheClouds says...

Like I said in the topic description, this thread is a commentary of my pathetic attempt at writing a novel. Oblivion isn't the actual name, I think it's going to be called The Chronicles of Oblivion (it's a series). I know that sounds so lame, but the books are set in a place called Oblivion, so I thought it fits. I'm not quite sure how many books there will be, but i'm guessing three. As of now, i'm totally unprepared to start writing (quite a few of my characters are unnamed, i've still got a lot of kinks to work out, etc.), but i'm currently working on a prolouge, and i'll probably publish it in the fantasy fiction forum. *sigh* If I ever actually finish it.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:19 pm
Swires says...

Keep working on this. Just write, write some more, write some more again. Then start to think about the characters, where are they going with the current story? Where is your world? ETc....

Im interested in reading this prologue.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:17 am
Alteran says...

Advice from The other Adam that always worked for me. Daydream. Think about your world and the adventures your characters are going on. It will help you see the people you are creating and give a name that matches their personalities.

I look forward to seeing your work in the forums.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

614 Reviews

Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:31 pm
Swires says...

My ideas of where I am going come to me when I am curled up in bed, reading. I usually write ideas on paper book marks lol.

34 Reviews

Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:00 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Two days ago I put the prologue to The Chronicles of Oblivion up on the site in fantasy fiction. I would have posted about it sooner, but my internet doesn't seem to like me lately. Honestly, I don't like it at all, but make of it what you will. The next chapter may take a while before I put it up here, as i'm still in the planning stages, but it is coming soon. And I promise it will be much more well writen, and much less cliched.

34 Reviews

Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:58 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Uhgg.... :(

My writing has come to a screeching halt. I just feel like Oblivion is too generic fantasy, and that is not what I want it to be. I'm not stopping it completley, i'm just taking some time to rethink the plot. I will eventually write it, but it will be a while. I'll post as soon as I start writing again.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:02 pm
View Likes
Ego says...

That's always tough, Cloud. I recently started editting and continuing my modern fantasy, Emergence, after a year's break.

Hopefully it'll take you less time to get back to it :)
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:16 am
Crysi says...

I'll definitely take a look at it, since we seem to have the same problem (and similar titles).

I'm planning on outlining mine using the snowflake method. I've been working on the story for years, but I keep hitting dead ends and starting over. So now I'm going to try to outline all three at once, so the story flows, and then I'll zoom in and work on each individual part.

Good luck!
Love and Light

614 Reviews

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:54 am
Swires says...

Yeah - plot rethinks are good. Ive written nearly 20k of SM and Im about to review whats happened and where Im going with it.

34 Reviews

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:49 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Well, i've rethought the plot and made quite a few changes, but i'm still a ways away from actually writing it. It's gotten pretty confusing so i'm in the process of drawing a map, which I think is going pretty well. I've decided to make an outline of the plot so I won't get confused with what I want to have in the plot and what I don't, which I tend to do often. So to sum it all up, i'm back on track with outlining the story for the most part, but I won't be writing for a while.

34 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:47 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

I'm now officially in the process of outlining. That means actually writing it down instead of just thinking about it. It's much harder than I thought, trying to figure out what you want to have in and what you don't. I'm not too far into it yet, and the outline is pretty vague, but i'll go further into it once I finish.

34 Reviews

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:34 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Grrrr.... :evil:

Outlining is very difficult. I haven't gotten very far and i'm not very happy with what I have. Gak :( . But then again I don't really have time to do much of it. Along with school, friends, homework, etc., it's not exactly at the top of my priority list. Oh well, i'll get it straightened out later I guess.

i, too, use desk chairs for harm and harm alone
— Omni