z

Young Writers Society

Holy's Noveling/Writing Spot

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:46 pm
Holysocks says...

I love looking at Carlito's Noveling/word crawl thread ( Carlito is Noveling ) and finally decided to make one for myself! Maybe this will help me stay motivated!

Currently I'm working on the first draft of Of Straw and Witchery (my scarecrow WIP!), it's at 36k words and I'm aiming for around 80k.

And after that I'll hopefully be working on the second draft of Worm Blood.
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:34 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I'm going to start out with the Mean Girls crawl 'cause I just watched it for the first time the other night XP (totally was not using the "On Wednesdays we wear pink." without knowing where it was coming from for yearsssss.

Anyway, the first challenge is:
It's your first day in a public high school after living in Africa with your parents for the last 12 years and being homeschooled. Write for 12 minutes as you adjust to American culture.

Done! Word count: 320

On to the next:
Quick! You've got to find a good seat in your first class before they're all taken. Write 300 words in 10 minutes.

OOF I tried REALLY HARD but only managed to get to 281 XP Which means:

If you fail: During the search, you bump into your teacher, spilling coffee on her shirt. You've not only embarrassed her, you now have to sit behind the farter. Write 100 words to distract you from the smell.

Done! 103 words!

So the first day may not have gone so great, but the second day you make new friends, Janis and Damian. They convince you to ditch class and that's when you get your first sighting of the Plastics. Roll a die to get the deets on one of them:

-1 or 4: Karen Smith - she asked Damian how to spell 'orange' once. Write to the next multiple of 1,000 but try not to strain yourself too hard with the spelling.

-2 or 5: Gretchen Wieners - her hair is so big because it's full of secrets. Probably thousands of them. Write 1,000 words.

-3 or 6: Regina George - she's the queen bee. People think it's cool when she punches them in the face. Try to punch out 1,000 words in 30 minutes.

I rolled a 6! So trying to write 1000 words in 30 mins!

I got 822- which although wasn't 1000 in 30 mins, I'm still super proud of it!

Total words written from this session: 1526!
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:20 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

At lunch, the Plastics invite you to sit at their table. Can you follow all of their rules?

-If it’s Wednesday, and you’re not wearing pink: Write 250 words.

-If you’ve worn a tanktop two days in a row this week: Write 200 words.

-If your hair’s been in a ponytail more than once this week: Write 100 words for every day it’s been in a ponytail the last 7 days.

-If it’s not a Friday and you’re wearing jeans or sweatpants: Write 300 words.

-If you broke all of those rules, write an extra 500 words to be able to sit with them.

-If you didn’t break any of those rules, write for 30 minutes as you enjoy lunch with the A-listers.

So I have to write 400 words because I wore my hair in a ponytail four days this week XD DONE! 421 words.

Now it's not Friday and I am wearing my favorite lounge around the house dress (which I am counting as jeans/sweatpants because I think it means casual clothes) so I have to write 300 words! DONE! 356 words!

In 8th period calculus, you meet Aaron Samuels. He’s so cute. You get distracted staring into his dreamy eyes and don’t hear Ms. Norbury’s question. Sprint to 300 words to act like you were paying attention.

Done!! 355 words!!

Do the Three Digit Challenge to survive your first three-way phone call when Regina tells you that Gretchen’s told her about your crush on her ex, Aaron.

Oh my word I was low-key terrified it was going to be a high number but it was 145, so I'm off to write that. Done! Wrote 185!

This session I've written 1321 words!
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:51 pm
Holysocks says...

After many titillating conversations about what day it is (Oct. 3rd) and the weather (yeah…it’s raining), Aaron finally invites you to a Halloween party. What’s your costume?

-“Ex” wife/zombie bride – that’s what Halloween is about: Write for 15 minutes for being yourself.

-A dress with animal ears: Write 500 words for following the slut rule.

I'm going with zombie bride! So setting my timer for 15 mins. Done! I got 355 words!

What a slut. Regina takes Aaron back instead of putting in a good word for you. You plot with Janis and Damian to take her down:

Aaron Samuels (high stakes man candy)

Complete all of the challenges below to get Aaron to find out that Regina’s cheating on him with Shane Oman.

-You post that swim practice has been moved to the projector room above the auditorium where Regina and Shane do their hanky panky. Aaron only finds Shane in his underwear. Write 300 words to get that image out of your head.

-Damian steals your purse in front of Aaron, who chases him to the auditorium room. Sprint to 500 words! You only find Trang Pak and Coach Carr making out. Awkward.

-Play dumb at math. Have Aaron tutor you. Spill the beans after you’ve stolen a kiss and he still won’t break up with her. Write 10 minutes to recover from your unceremonious reveal.

Starting with 300 words! Done! 359 words!

And then I have to sprint to 500! DONE! I wrote 557!

Now I have to write for 10 minutes. DONE! I got 314 words!

Today's session so far I've written 1585!!
100% autistic

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:36 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

YES Mean Girls crawl!!! <3 <3
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

494 Reviews

Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:03 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Haha, yeah it's been fun, @Carlito! ^_^

Alright, next:

“Hot” Body (technically good physique)

-You get the bright idea of giving Regina high-calorie Kalteen bars, which your mom gave to children in Africa to help them gain weight. Write to the next 1,000 words to revel in your genius.

Which, if I'm understanding this correctly, means I have to write 126 words. Done! I got 152.

Army of Skanks (ignorant band of loyal followers)

You gotta crack Gretchen Wieners to crack em all. Want me to say crack again? Crack. Complete all these challenges to crack Gretchen.

-Send everyone a candy gram (supposedly from Regina) except Gretchen to make her think Regina’s made at her. Write 100 words for every candy gram. That’s one for Cady, one for Karen, and four for Glen Coco. You go Glen Coco! (600 words)

-Switch places with Gretchen for the annual Jingle Bell Rock dance at the Winter Talent Show. Do a song sprint to Jingle Bell Rock to save the night. Skip this challenge if you know all the words to Jingle Bell Rock. You go…you!

-Write 100 words if you use the word ‘fetch’. And stop trying to make ‘fetch’ happen.

Okay I wrote 625 words for the 600 one!!

Okay I'm going to do the next challenge to Adam Sandler's Chanukah Song FOR REASONS. DONE: I got 80 words... it was very difficult because songs with words distract me. XP But it was fun!

Now I have to write another 100 words. DONE! I got 175!

Okay this session total words: 1239 (I got carried away and wrote 207 words not part of the challenge, but included it anyway.)
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:37 am
Holysocks says...

September was a blur O-O BUT I'm back at it again!

Spring Fling nominations are here! Write 450 words in 15 minutes.

-If you succeed: Congratulations, you’ve been nominated for Spring Fling King or Queen!

-If you fail: Sorry, maybe next year. Drown your sorrows in 200 words.

Okay, I gotta try to write 450 words in 15 minutes. I got 348- so I FAILED and must write 200 more words ;---; DONE: 222

Total words this session is: 570
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:52 pm
Holysocks says...

You’re starting to fail calculus to impress a boy. Take out your frustrations on Ms. Norbury in the burn book by writing for 20 minutes.

Done! I got 428 words
100% autistic

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
— Albert Einstein