Young Writers Society

Sword of Idols

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon May 17, 2021 12:30 am
View Likes
legendarycomputerpoetry says...

Sword of Idols

The main character, Eris, has dreams of becoming a famous singer. She admires many performers, but her biggest inspiration is an idol by the name of Aqua—not her real name, obviously. Daphne is beautiful, talented, and versatile: she is the it-girl of this generation of idols. Eris has watched Aqua over the years while she works her time away in a floral shop owned by her paternal grandmother. As a birthday gift, Eris receives tickets to a radio show where Aqua is the guest. Excited, Eris hopes that her idol is as charming in person as she is on her television screen. At the radio show, Aqua is eloquent and as kind as she always had been. Eris wished she could have gotten her autograph or something—but seeing Aqua was enough to keep Eris inspired to achieve her dreams.

Eris leaves the radio show venue satisfied. As she’s walking to her car, Eris overhears Aqua’s manager talking to one of the show producers and Aqua herself. Eris could not help but eavesdrop. After all, anyone in her position would do the same! Anyways, Mina overhears that this will be Aqua’s last radio show appearance for a while as she needs time to rejuvenated. The producer offers helping pay travel expenses to a place called ‘The Maiden’s Song Accord’—saying that the sword she needs to replenish her idol-like persona should be in the correct phase. Maiden’s Song? Sword? Eris is perplexed; she thought that years of training and raw talent brought success. Not some weapon from the medieval age.

Curious, Eris does some digging on Aqua’s fan discussion boards. Nobody had said anything about what the producer said. As it turns out though, this mysterious location housing the sword is labeled as an abandoned warehouse surrounded by a forest of trees. Eris realizes that this was a quick, easy, and cheap way to become a famous singer like her idol Aqua. Once she arrives, Daphne is there and absolutely shocked to see some plain, random girl like Eris at an extremely secretive place. Daphne threatens to have Eris banned from all events in the future. Eris snaps a few pictures and blackmails Daphne into being in an idol duo with Eris.

Daphne had no choice but to give in, allowing Eris to pull the sword out of the ground and giving the ideal idol guarantees that she wanted so desperately. What they did not know was that the sword was in its discordian phase. Eris’s bad qualities were now in full effect—selfish, aggressive, money-hungry. Quickly, Daphne took the sword for herself as it was now in its harmonic phase. Daphne’s qualities were back at full capacity. She would normally feel energetic after using the enchanted sword, but Daphne needs to figure out how to convince Eris to use the sword again in its harmonic phase.

[✻] This is my first time posting in the writer's corner :shock:
LCP

Reader, Reviewer, and Writer.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu May 27, 2021 2:37 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Ahhh you posted about this story! I don't know how I missed seeing this thread, but I'm so happy you wrote up a formal description for this. This is such a unique idea, and I can't wait to see you share more about Eris and Daphne/Aqua.
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov