z

Young Writers Society

Choosing a name for my webcomic

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:08 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

I've been working on a fantasy webcomic for a while and still don't have a good name for it. Its original placeholder title was 'Chasing Shadows', but that's already been used by another (albeit discontinued) canvas webtoon.

I want to pick something that isn't too cliche, generic, or long/hard to spell. It'd be nice to have something unique and eye-catching, but I'd settle for anything that sounds decent.

Could I get some help? 😅

-

The genres are fantasy, action, and drama. Here's some snips of the art style, as well as the plot summary I intend to use when I post it on Webtoon- which I'd also like to get some feedback on. This is a little longer than the average webtoon comic summary, but covers the gist of what the story will be:

Spoiler! :

Kassia's race is bound by a bloodborne duty to fight and die for humanity as spirit hunters. Martyrdom is an honor, but when her overeager little sister enters the fray, she begins to have doubts. Especially when she discovers that the leaders they serve are not the noble heroes they claim to be. As the enemy gets stronger each day, Kassia’s people are divided by secrets and lies. In a world on the verge of apocalypse, how can she protect her loved ones when even they are not who they seem?

Spoiler! :

Some potential titles I brainstormed with my sister:
Guardians' Herald (3 votes so far)
Spirit Herald
Guardian Soul
The Shattering Veil (1 vote so far)
Spirits' Rift (1 vote so far)
Through the Broken Veil
The Herald's Soul
The Guardian's Soul

Her favorite is Guardians' Herald.

What do you think?
Last edited by AlyTheBookworm on Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:44 am, edited 6 times in total.

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:00 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

I think Guardians’ Herald sounds really cool and seems to touch upon the main themes/settings! Good luck with your webtoon :p I really love your style of drawing <3
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:48 am
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like it :D

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:55 pm
View Likes
Nymeria says...

I like Guardian's Herald but I also like The Shattering Veil! I love your art style and the premise of the story-- I would totally read that!
“You do know you could find yourselves charged with being a dominant species while under the influence of impulse-driven consumerism, don’t you?”
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun May 30, 2021 8:05 pm
TheWarriorMingan says...

Definitely Guardians' Herald!
I have a lot of time on my hands. . .
Selling: Custom Cover designs/logos/bookmarks

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon May 31, 2021 6:39 pm
MayCupcake says...

I think Guardians' Herald is cool, but maybe something that involves spirits? Like Shattering Spirits or Broken Spirits? (Out of these three I think I like Broken Spirits the best.) Anyways, good luck with your webcomic!

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
— H. Jackson Brown