z

Young Writers Society

Wolfe Finishes a Novel

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:16 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

This is a thread where I'll throw some information about my current and (eventually!) completed projects. For right now, there is only one:

Current Project: the memories tattooed on his skin
Goal: Finish the first draft before school starts again in January.
Progress: 50,369 words (estimated ~65% drafted)
[click here for information about MTOHS]

Also, as a side note, anyone is completely welcome to post your thoughts or feedback in this thread! :)
Last edited by SpiritedWolfe on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:38 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

the memories tattooed on his skin

Synopsis: Out of nowhere, a group that calls themselves Splinter and are armed with a mysterious power called influence terrorize an unspecified nation. Their influence allows them to seemingly alter reality, but little is known about their powers and its limitations. They are completely anonymous, wearing full white masks whenever they appear and wreck havoc in cities. The movement is spearheaded by a scarily charismatic golden eyed, white masked leader who makes extreme demands. Hunter has only ever known the life of Splinter, and he's deadest on proving his loyalty to the cause.

To combat them and keep their people safe, the government has created an agency called the Defense Against Influence (DAI), but the task appears to be more difficult than they could have ever imagined. How can you combat people who can change reality? Rachel aims to solve this issue by creating technology to eliminate Splinter's powers, alongside her agent boyfriend, Eric. But as Eric and Rachel get tangled in with Hunter, the lines between good and evil start to get blurred.

I'm sorry, this is may be draft 1.2, but I still have many things to figure out.

Also, I had a previous thread here that is pretty outdated, but I still used it for reference so I wanted to have it available. (The first chapter, while currently rewritten, is virtually the same, so you can check it out and see if you might be interested in reading on! Every chapter after that has been completely changed, however.)

At some point I'll add some updated Character Profiles here, as well as some other revised reference sheets and eventually progress updates!

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:15 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Time to actually start updating this thread that I created to motivate myself to actually write my novel more consistently. :3

January 1st-
Words Written: 224
Total Word Count: 50,593

Today's entry felt very bleh, mainly because I finished NaNo in a scene I didn't like and didn't know what to do with. Hopefully I can get myself out of it soon and make actual progress again.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:57 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

January 2nd-
Words Written: 273
Total Word Count: 50,866

Still slogging through that same scene, but I finally wrote myself a quick out (since no one is going to see this draft anyway.) Maybe by tomorrow I can get to the juicy part and finish this chapter!

(I might even start a crawl tomorrow. Who knows!)

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:03 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I did not in fact start a crawl because I was preoccupied today with other random things.

January 3rd-
Words Written: 365
Total Word Count: 51231

Instead, I did a 15 minute sprint and finally finished the scene that has been hanging over my head for a month. It is not good, but that's okay. That's what Draft 2 is for! (Or what I keep telling myself and no one who actually knows writing will read it. <.< ) That means that I can make progress tomorrow! Time to get Hunter to meet Mr. Forber >:333

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:05 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

January 4th-
Word Written: 233
Total Word Count: 51466

Today was a slow day overall, but little bits of progress. I picked out a word crawl that I'll hopefully start tomorrow! :)

Edit: Well, apparently my computer decided to restart without my permission last night, and I lost the words I wrote yesterday :( So back to 51,231 words.

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:51 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

After losing my progress from yesterday, I was a bit discouraged and didn't feel like writing much. I tried to do a bit of a crawl to get a bit more motivated.

January 5th-
Spoiler! :
Friend's Word Crawl! (My family has been watching episodes of this recently so I wanted to try it out.)

Roll a 6-sided die to determine your character. I rolled a 5 so I'm Rachel!

You wake up in the morning and check the clock. Roll a 2-sided die. I rolled a 1! You wake up earlier than usual and have extra time to get ready. Sprint for 1 minute. I wrote 45 words.

You finish getting ready for your day and go downstairs to catch a cab. Roll a 2-sided die to determine the weather. I rolled a 1 again. It’s clear skies and sunny! You have no problem catching a cab. Write 100 words. Well, I wrote 126. Whoops!

Sprint for 5 minutes while you relax in the taxi on the way to work. I wrote 143 words, just 7 below the goal of 150 :'(

Words Written: 314
Total Word Count: 51545

I still ended up with more than I had yesterday, so at least it's a net positive!

[she/her]

767 Reviews

Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:16 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I may have started ten minutes before midnight, but I got in 200 words today, and we take those.

January 6th-
Word Written: 217
Total Word Count: 51759

This is probably going to need to be the most heavily edited section of my novel. We'll get there though xD Baby steps.

[she/her]

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea