Valkyria Through the Writing Thread

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:28 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

Epic Heights--
An Epic Mickey Fanfiction-- Working Title

Samantha had an over-active imagination. It was great whenever she had to write creative fiction. It was bad whenever she watched a scary movie. Her imagination was the reason Samantha had a memory of passing through her mirror when she was five.

Turns out, it wasn't her imagination.

When Rachel sleeps over at her house one night, they are awakened by a black creature made of ink. It drags them through the mirror into a little map in an unfamiliar room.

Samantha and Rachel wake up in a world ruined by a disaster that happened years ago. To get back home, they have to save Wasteland from the evils who inhabit it.
There is always something left to love.
- One Hundred Years of Solitude

160 Reviews

Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:50 pm
Valkyria says...

This fanfiction is going to follow the story of Epic Mickey, but obviously without the gaming stuff. I haven't played that game, but I was watching the gameplay on youtube. The story is incredible.

My story might change depending on my memory and what works best, but this is what I have so far: It is up to Samantha and Rachel to make things right in Wasteland and find Mickey, who has gone missing when the Blot took him too.

Below are my two main characters:

Here is Samantha:

Here is Rachel:

Samantha and Rachel are previous characters from a She-Ra fanfic that follows a similar concept. The fic fell through, but I couldn't imagine anyone else who would be the main characters.

160 Reviews

Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:19 am
View Likes
Valkyria says...

A little haiku:

I sit in this cage.
You tell me to sing, not speak.
I tire of this existance.

160 Reviews

Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:29 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I started an Alice in Wonderland Word Crawl to help me stay on top of this project.

I'm sitting on the riverbank, listening to my sister read from a book about William 1, whose reign began in 1066 A.D. I grow very bored, so I write 1,066 words as quickly as I can.

After I finished that, I spot the White Rabbit, who is very late for an important date. His watch says five o'clock, so I set the timer on my phone for five minutes, and I write as much as I can.

I chase the White Rabbit, following him into a rabbit hole, where I fall, down, down very slowly. I have to write to the nearest thousand.

When I finally reach the bottom, I see the White Rabbit run through a tiny door, which I can't fit through. The doorknob, which talks to my surprise, tells me to drink from a little bottle marked "DRINK ME." After I drink it, I turn so tiny that I can't reach the key to the door, which is on a normal-sized table. I have to write 400 words to find a solution.

A cookie marked “EAT ME” appears. I eat it and grow so big that I fill the entire room. I have to write for 30 minutes. After all that, I'm crying so hard my tears fill the room – though the doorknob tells me to drink again from the bottle.

I fall into the bottle and sail away in a river of my own tears through the doorknob’s keyhole and into Wonderland. I see the Dodo running the caucus race, where inhabitants of Wonderland race until they are dry. I have to write to the nearest hundred words.

160 Reviews

Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:58 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

As I explore Wonderland, Tweedledee and Tweedledum block my path to tell me the story of the Walrus and the Carpenter. I have to pick one of the things that the Walrus talks about.

For ships, think of your favorite fandom ship, add up the number of letters in the characters’ first names (for example Bella and Edward is 11, while Harry and Hermione is also 13) and multiply that number by 50. Write that many words.

My favorite fandom ship is lams -Hamilton and Laurens from the musical. The total number of letters is 15, so I have to write 750 words. DONE!

I come to the White Rabbit's house, where I eat another one of those "EAT ME" cookies, growing so big that I fill up the entire house. I have to write for 30 minutes while they try to smoke me out.

I eat a carrot and shrink down to the size of an insect. I have to write for five minutes.

160 Reviews

Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:35 pm
View Likes
Valkyria says...

I meet a garden of enchanted flowers, who sing the song Golden Afternoon. I have to write for ten minutes while I convince the flowers that I'm not a weed.

I meet the caterpillar who blows smoke from his hookah into my face. He gives me a bit of mushroom, which returns me to my usual size. I have to sprint to the nearest thousand to get an even number.

I meet the Cheshire Cat, who directs me to the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, and the Dormouse at their Mad Tea Party. In honor of the price tag still affixed to the Mad Hatters chapeau (10/6) I have to sprint for 10 minutes, then sprint for 6.

A Very Merry Unbirthday to YOU! I have to take my birth month (1 for January, 2 for February, etc.) and multiply that by 100. My birthday is in September, which is number 9. So I have to write 900 words.

I get lost in the Tulgey Wood. I can't step on the Mome Raths – I have to try to write 100 words without a typo.

The Cheshire Cat appears again, directing me to the hedge maze where the Queen of Hearts wants me to play croquet with her. I have to write 500 words or it'll be off with my head!

The Queen of Hearts puts me on trial – I have t write for five minutes while I think up a good case.

I take a bite of the caterpillar’s mushroom, growing to a giant size so I can yell at the Queen of Hearts. Roll a six-sided die, multiply that number by 100 and write that many words.

After I shrink back down to my usual size, the Queen of Hearts sentences me to death. I flee, pursued by many of the inhabitants of Wonderland, all the way back to the door knob. Sprint for 10 minutes as I flee.

The doorknob convinces me that it was all a dream, and I wake up again on the riverbank, with my sister. My sister and I happily walk home for tea. Take a much deserved tea break from writing!

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil