z

Young Writers Society

Harry's Silly Dreams

4074 Reviews

Reviews: 4074
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:31 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Well the title sums up pretty much what this is. But well, let's talk about the nonsense that spews forth from this malfunctioning brain.

So I write pretty much exclusively in sci fi and/or fantasy. And of course the fun part is that all of them take place in one interconnected universe which does allow for some fun shenanigans but of course that also means I'm usually writing like six novels at once in the name of continuity across the universe. But I think it's hopefully going to be worth it. Or else four years of worldbuilding goes down le drainpipe.

Its usually all about all kinds of adventures with love stories strewn about...because yaa...that's what I do. They are all love stories in disguise as action adventure stories

So...here's the ridiculously long list of WIP's I've got...but umm...I have a pretty decent plan and I think that I can actually finish this. My track record is good so far as I've yet to abandon a novel half finished. But I am just getting started in writing so that's probably why.

So well these are all my stories.

The Special Seven: The Palace of Death - Currently Shelved with a Ressurection Planned some time down the line in 2022. But even if that doesn't happen its the first and only book I ever completed and got me into writing so it'll always be special. See what I did there.

This one was a sci - fi/ action/adventure story where seven kids discover they're actually aliens with powers and are drafted into a quest to go retrieve a set of powerful weapons.

The Alpha Pack: The Dawn of the Dead - Outlined - Chapters Planned - Needs A Final Fleshing Out - Characters and World Built - Just one Last Setting Remains.

This is basically about teamwork, a massive threat hidden by a myriad of complex layered plot twists. And its all about a gang of whacky individuals from extremely different backgrounds learning to work together despite their differences.

Writing Status: Prologue of Draft 3 Done. To Be Started during NaNo

Expected Word Count: 250,000
Current Word Count: Big Fat Zero
Planned Chapter Count: 60
Current Chapter Count: Also a Big Fat Zero

Estimated Finish Date: April 2021 - December 2021

The Sorcerers of Hisderat - Outlined - Chapters Planned - Detailed Plan Also Done - Characters and World Done Except for one Setting.

Your standard epic fantasy quest type thing...lots of layers...a dangerous object...an unlikely team up...two love stories for the price of one.

Writing Status: 6 Chapters Done. Around 20 ish Complete. Plans to take this to 65,70% by end of NaNo

Expected Word Count: 100,000
Current Word Count: 18,135
Planned Chapter Count: 38
Current Chapter Count: 6

Estimated Finish Date: December 2020 - January 2021

Survival: The Escape - Outlined - Chapters Planned - Detailed Plan Also Done - Characters and World Done to Final Details.

Earth no longer belongs to them humans. Things have looked hopeless for nearly a century. But then...things happen...thing is can they actually make use of said things...

Writing Status: Nothing At the Moment. Planned for NaNo. Plans to completely finished by end of NaNo.

Expected Word Count: 75,000
Current Word Count: Big ol' Zero
Planned Chapter Count: 24
Current Chapter Count: Big ol' Zero

Estimated Finish Date: 30/11/2020

Once Upon a Time in the Cretaceous: An Unfortunate Accident - Outlined - Chapters Planned - Detailed Plan Pending - Characters and World Pending - Character Sketches Complete but with no names.

A bunch of teenagers get zapped back into the time of the dinosaurs...they learn to fall in love survive while their parents try to get them back...and all is not as it seems.

Writing Status: Plot to be finalized, characters to be finished, currently on backburner due to NaNo but final plan expected to be done by December 2020.

Expected Word Count: 70,000 - 80,000
Current Word Count: 0
Planned Chapter Count: 22-26
Current Chapter Count: 0

Estimated Finish Date: December 2021

Superhero High School: Subtitle Pending - Characters Planned out kind of - World Fleshed out fairly decently - Just need a bit more detail - So the love story is already planned but the thing that will hide the fact that it is a love story has yet to be planned because I have yet to find a logical sounding plot.

Premise...Hogwarts type school system....but for superheroes...with some broken stereotypes...not entirely sure what the plot will be...so far all my ideas sounded too much like Harry Potter...so Imma keep working on that.

Writing Status: Plot to be finalized, characters to be finished, currently on backburner due to NaNo but final plan expected to be done by December 2020.

Expected Word Count: 90,000 - 100,000
Planned Chapter Count: 35 - 40

Estimated Finish Date: January 2022

Life, Take 2 : Subtitle Pending - Tons of ideas - Main characters Already Planned and in the process of getting fleshed out across an rp and two sb's - A very general outline for all the books planned and a plot idea for this one settled down on. World Required, Fleshed out Plot Required

So basically....if you died young in an accident when you were not supposed to, and it looks like you could have gone on to do something good in your life...you can sign up for a series of dangerous quests as per an old underworld custom and get a second shot at life.

Hence Life, Take 2...

First book set to feature...time travelling baddies, a pirate ship and several dangerous storms.

Writing Status: Expected to be a larger series than most of my other projects, this guy will need some careful planning not to mention I'll experiment with some LGBTQ+ main characters which is going to be a bit of a learning curve but I really want this to happen and so it shall. Planning expected to begin in December 2020 and hopefully completed by January 2021 where I shall probably save this for NaNo 2021 or NaNo 2022 depending on how my other projects do.

Expected Word Count: No idea...
Current Word Count: Obviously 0
Planned Chapter Count: Also No idea...
Current Chapter Count: Come on...you know its going to be zero.

Estimated Finish Date: January 2022 - December 2022
Last edited by KateHardy on Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

Catchphrase loading. Please Wait...

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:43 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

Woo boy, that's a whole lot of stories you've got there! It's so cool to see how dedicated you are to your stories and how much motivation you harbor for finishing these beasts! I really do hope you end up writing these and become THE MOST SATISFIED WRITER IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE!! GO YOU!!!
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

4074 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:51 am
KateHardy says...

Aww....thank you!! @Euphoria8 <33
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

Hello! You? Yes you reading this. Have a nice day because you're wonderful and you deserve it!

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:57 am
View Likes
Euphory says...

You're most welcome <333
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:02 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Wow, so many ongoing projects! How do you estimate your final word counts before you've even started or is it more of a goal?
My stories always take a million detours so I have no idea of my word count until I get a good way in!

4074 Reviews

Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:04 pm
KateHardy says...

@IcyFlame...Uhh...it varies from story to story...a story like Sorcerers...is mapped out pretty much to the last detail so I can very easily predict a word count. Something like my other NaNo project...is an estimate based on how many words I usually write for a chapter...about 3k so for the 24 planned chapters I estimate 75k.

The stories with no planning are also estimates. Based on the kind of plot outline I have I use my other stories as a reference to estimate how long they'll be depending on the size of the plot outline. :D
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4074 Reviews

Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:25 am
View Likes
KateHardy says...

Update on How These are Doing

The Special Seven: The Palace of Death - I have not touched the book that this is written on (yes this was written before I even owned a laptop). A 2022 resurrection, however, is now even more likely than it was before.

The Alpha Pack: The Dawn of the Dead - Outlined - Chapter Plan In Slight Disarray - Is Getting A Final Fleshing Out - Characters and World Built - Just one Last Setting Remains.

This third draft is currently motoring along, with our main main players introduced (no that's not a typo, this has a massive cast that would put Avengers: Endgame to shame I realize that's probably not a good thing.) now introduced and the rest of the main players set to be introduced soon.

Writing Status: 2.5% done. The start has been nice so far and I'm enjoying writing it. There have be no moments damn this sucks so that's a good thing.

Expected Word Count: 250,000 although this is still a big estimate with a large error.
Current Word Count: 6,439
Planned Chapter Count: 58-62? This was thrown into a touch of disarray.
Current Chapter Count: 2

Estimated Finish Date: April 2021 - December 2021

The Sorcerers of Hisderat - Outlined - Chapters Planned - Detailed Plan Also Done - Characters and World Done Except for one Setting.

Ahh...this is the one I'm happiest about. A plot that wasn't meant to be, a story made from an accident and its falling into place piece by piece. There was a place I stuck on in Chapter 7, but now its all being blown past and we're cruising along and fast.

Writing Status: 30.4% Done. Motoring along well and I can't wait to reach the end of this.

Current Word Count: 30,411
Current Chapter Count: 9

Estimated Finish Date: December 31st 2020 - January 10th 2021

Survival: The Escape - Outlined - Chapters Planned - Detailed Plan Also Done - Characters and World Done to Final Details.

Things are surprisingly going to plan here and we've quickly motored along so far. And things are all set to get even better.

Writing Status: 23.9% Done. Almost a quarter of the way there already and motoring along nicely.

Expected Word Count: 75,000, now that we've gotten five chapters in, this word count seems to be holding up.
Current Word Count: 17,977
Planned Chapter Count: 24
Current Chapter Count: 5

Estimated Finish Date: 30/11/2020

Once Upon a Time in the Cretaceous: An Unfortunate Accident - Outlined - Chapters Planned - Detailed Plan Pending - Characters and World Pending - Character Sketches Complete but with no names.

Decided on using either 3 or 4 characters max for teens and like two adults max as main focus. Other things pending.

Writing Status: Plot to be finalized, characters to be finished, currently on backburner due to NaNo but final plan looking like it can be done by December 31st 2020.

Estimated Finish Date: December 2021

Superhero High School: Subtitle Pending - Characters Planned out kind of - World Fleshed out fairly decently - Just need a bit more detail - So the love story is already planned but the thing that will hide the fact that it is a love story has yet to be planned because I have yet to find a logical sounding plot.

No updates on this one. Its just waiting till a proper idea whacks me in the face at some point. Hopefully this happens before the end of November because I need something to actually plan on in December.

Writing Status: Hoping for a plot idea to magically appear.

Current Chapter Count: Also a Zero

Estimated Finish Date: January 2022

Life, Take 2 : Subtitle Pending - Tons of ideas - Main characters Already Planned and in the process of getting fleshed out across an rp and two sb's - A very general outline for all the books planned and a plot idea for this one settled down on. World Required, Fleshed out Plot Required

First book set to feature...time travelling baddies, a pirate ship and several dangerous storms...lowkey thinking of the badguy and fleshing out character backstories. The planning is getting pretty exciting in the background of le brain...of course nothing is written down...(fun fact - 85% of my planning exists solely in le memory...I don't bother to write it down because I know I won't forget and hey its way easier to edit the moment you get new ideas)

Writing Status: I believe 8 books or 7 is the final consensus. This seems appropriate to construct a decent overall arc. [s]I think 7 is probably going to be it because that's my favorite number whereas 8 is my most hated for reasons you will need to consult my brain on). The characters are thought out pretty much in terms of the side ones. I might just have this leapfrog the other because it sounding like a ton of fun or on the other hand I should wait. I dunno.

Estimated Finish Date: January 2022 - December 2022
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4074 Reviews

Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:56 am
KateHardy says...

The Special Seven: The Palace of Death - I have still actually not touched this book...hoping to do that sometime actually...let's see.

The Alpha Pack: The Dawn of the Dead - Under reconstruction.

As I get deeper into the story I've realized its really tough to build this to be enjoyable with all the new characters needing to get introduced so I'm considering starting with the origin of just one...just to make it a little easier and basically have the heroes introduced in their own stories before The Alpha Pack itself is formed...started working on a currently untitled project where I attempt to showcase the origin of one Harry Hardy...the most central character to this entire story and basically my whole universe in general.

Writing Status: Not Begun

Expected Word Count: Absolutely no idea, but it will be on the bigger side considering how much backstory I have on him.
Planned Chapter Count: No idea again
Current Chapter Count: Also a big fat zero

Estimated Finish Date:December 2021

The Sorcerers of Hisderat - Outlined - Chapters Planned - Detailed Plan Also Done - Characters and World Done

Hmm...stuck for a little somewhere in Chapter 14....hmm...multiples of seven, this is interesting...but I hope to power through this sooon.

Writing Status: 44.4% Done. If I can get past writer's block considering this is close to halfway I might attempt to finish this or get close to finishing it during Camp NaNo in July.

Current Word Count: 44, 419
Current Chapter Count: 14

Estimated Finish Date: July 31st 2021 - December 31st 2021

Survival: The Escape - Draft Two Complete

Its done. Its finally DONE. I can call it done with some certainly now that in draft two it is looking a lot more coherent and isn't a total mess in the last few parts.

Writing Status: 100% Done with Draft Two.

Expected Word Count: 75000...but that was a little high apparently.
Current Word Count: 70,482
Planned Chapter Count: 24...also a tiny bit high
Current Chapter Count: 23

Estimated Finish Date: Finished

Hmm, not gotten terribly further in this one...its kinda still paused cause I spent so much time working on Survival.

Writing Status: Plot to be finalized, characters to be finished, currently on backburner due to NaNo but final plan looking like it can be done by December 31st 2020.

Estimated Finish Date: December 2022

No updates on this one. Its just waiting till a proper idea whacks me in the face at some point. Still waiting on that....sadly....

Writing Status: Hoping for a plot idea to magically appear.

First book set to feature...time travelling baddies, a pirate ship and several dangerous storms...lowkey thinking of the badguy and fleshing out character backstories. The planning is getting pretty exciting in the background of le brain...of course nothing is written down...(fun fact - 85% of my planning exists solely in le memory...I don't bother to write it down because I know I won't forget and hey its way easier to edit the moment you get new ideas) Okay this has gotten a serious bit of fleshing out as far as characters are concerned...so..this is looking like the project to replace sorcerers once its complete...while the Harry Hardy origin story will replace survival...

Writing Status: 7 books...is the plan...and well...I kinda really want to get to writing this as soon as I can...so yeah...this will happen as soon as I cobble the first plot together and I take a small break after finishing that second draft.

Estimated Finish Date: December 2021 to April 2022
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

4074 Reviews

Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:07 pm
KateHardy says...

The Special Seven: The Palace of Death - I actually did look through this a couple of times randomly..but still no real idea of if/when I'll ever try to revise this.

The Alpha Pack: The Dawn of the Dead - On Hold Until Further Notice

So...a couple more months have passed and my ideas how undergone a little bit more change. I've ended up writing these characters into a couple of my other longer novels and having The Alpha Pack and its story only indirectly mentioned. I still hope I can one day get around to this, but for the moment its pretty much just wayy in the background along with TSS at the moment.

Writing Status: Not Even Really Planned
Expected Word Count: Absolutely no idea.
Planned Chapter Count: No idea again
Current Chapter Count: Also a big ol' zero

Estimated Finish Date:Not Defined :?

The Sorcerers of Hisderat - Draft One Complete.

First draft was finally completed...putting this on the metaphorical shelf for a while before I come back to revise it in a month or so.

Writing Status: 100%

Current Word Count: 124,830
Current Chapter Count: 40

Estimated Finish Date: Draft one Finished on 27th November 2021

Survival: The Escape - Draft Three in Progress

Okayy...this my final? draft I hope at least. I'm going to be taking a few months for this and smoothing things out with every shred of advice I've gotten from my wonderful reviewers and let's see I can make something worth potentially publishing.

Writing Status: 0% Done

Expected Word Count: 75000
Planned Chapter Count: 23/24

Estimated Finish Date:May 2022

This is still exactly where it was sometime ago and it will probably stay that for a little bit before Survival's third draft is done, but I will be starting on it soon enough.

Writing Status: Plot to be finalized, characters to be finished.

No updates on this one. Its just waiting till a proper idea whacks me in the face at some point. Still waiting on that....sadly....and I can literally copy paste the earlier thing into this.

Writing Status: Hoping for a plot idea to magically appear...as hopeless as this can sound this is how all my plots tend to appear.

Main Title Rethinking Ongoing -

Book 1: An Anachronistic Aye - Writing Draft One

Things are going strongly for this, currently on a tiny break to recover from the extra effort during NaNo but will soon be picked up again and it is expected to continue strongly for the next days to come.

Writing Status: Things are on course and going well.

Expected Word Count: 300,000
Current Word Count: 51,287
Planned Chapter Count: 103
Current Chapter Count: 15

Estimated Finish Date: November 2022 - I'm imaging I could write another 200k or so in the next ten or so months and have it with about 50k left to go for NaNo 2022 where I can then finish it off.
Stay Safe
The Princess of Darkness

"What is a poet? An unhappy person who hides deep anguish in his heart, but whose lips are so formed that when the sigh and cry pass through them, it sounds like lovely music."
— Søren Kierkegaard, Philosopher & Theologian