Carlito is Noveling

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:18 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

4. Continuing...
After walking it out I need to sprint for 250 words: DONE

5. To close out the first third of my race I have to do a 50-headed hydra (500 words in 5 minutes): DONE (391, not my best, but it's early in the day)

THE MIDDLE IS THE HARDEST PART
1. I need to take an hour to push through as many words as I can without stopping: DONE

2. Stop and reflect on what you've done so far: I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF.

3. Grind your teeth and catch up! Aim for 3500 words in 45 minutes. IF I CAN DO THIS I WILL BE PAST 50K: ope. honestly lost track. I didn't finish in the 45 minutes at ALL. So I have to write an extra 100 words.
I think I had to write 3200 to finish my 50k for NaNo...
I'll do the real math tomorrow once I get back in that pad...
but i'll finish this one another time! :p
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:59 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Goal for December: 35,000 words written
L+Z Reboot currently sits at 37393.

Even though NaNo is over, I'm still going to finish that Oh No Nano is almost over and I'm so far behind crawl :p
I was close! 3165/3500. But I need to add an extra 100 words for not doing it in 45 minutes. Finishing up that last 435 words now: DONE

CROSSING THE FINISH LINE
1. Just when I'm ready to give up, I have to sprint to 500 words: DONE

COOL DOWN
2. Write one more celebratory paragraph: DONE

Done!! - 10029 words written!

December words: 1151 (day 1/30)

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:00 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

We're going a road trip for the
Road Trip Crawl

L+Z current sits at 38544

First I need to determine my pace by figuring out how many words per minute I write. Let's see how much I can write in 5 minutes. 193 words so 38 words per minute. Lol that puts me at a leisurely pace. I'm just strolling around taking in the countryside which is honestly a mood.

The morning of my trip I'm almost ready to leave. I send boy off to pack the car (honestly this is what happens :p) and I have to write for 10 minutes: DONE
And since I got over 400 words all of my prepping goes according to plan!

What would a road trip be without snacks?! We stop at the nearest gas station and load up. I have to choose my favorite road trip snack - salty (chips & pretzels), sweet (cookies & candy), healthy (fruit & veggies). To be honest, when I go on a road trip I like a little of all three. Which is also an option! So I have to write 2100 words and I get to skip a stop later: 240/2500

December words: 1990/35000

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:54 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Back at this road trip! Well that 30k in December isn't going to happen because I was preparing Dark Corners, Bright Spaces to submit to a mentoring contest. But I miss my L+Z darlings so it's time to dive back in.

I need to finish writing those 2500 words for all of the snacks I want to get before my trip. 2260 words to go: DONE

I have my food, now I need some music! I have to write for the length of my favorite song (3-5 minutes). I can't write to music very well, and I'm currently listening to an opera so I'll just set a timer for four minutes: DONE
I beat the 100 word goal for that so I can continue on.

It's time to drive to my first destination. I have to do a 10 minute sprint while I take in the views around me: DONE

Boy it feels good to get back into this story <3

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:44 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Oh no! My car is making a noise. I have to write for 15 minutes while the problem is diagnosed: DONE
I wrote more than 450 words, so my car has a small problem that's easily fixed.

But now there must be something wrong with my speedometer because a cop is pulling me over even though I could have sworn I wasn't speeding. I have to write for 10 minutes while they check my information: DONE
I wrote more than 350 words so the cop lets me off with a warning.

I'm out of snacks again! But since I already bought all the snacks I'm actually good and get to skip this round.

We decide to stop for the night, but the hotel clerk has lost my information. I have to write for 20 minutes while they try to get it figured out for me: DONE
I didn't quite get to 600 words, so they didn't find me a room and I need to write for another 20 minutes while we find another hotel: DONE

I get a good night's sleep and wake up in time for breakfast. I have to write for 30 minutes while I eat and prepare to hit the road again: DONE

There's a lot more driving to do today and I want to get a good chunk of it done so I need to write 1000 words in an hour: DONE

We stop for lunch at a cute little diner and I need to write for 10 minutes: DONE

We pile back into the car and drive to our next destination. I need to write 3% of my word count as we drive on. I'm at 46327, so that means 1390 words: And that will be for tomorrow!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:33 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

One of my January goals is to FINISH THIS NEW VERSION OF LIZ+ZAC (which now may have a real title again!)

Still driving to our next destination by writing those 1390 words: DONE

I had a fun few days, but now it's time to go back home. I need to write to my next milestone, which for a leisure pace is to the nearest 2000. I'm at 47,717, so the nearest 2000 would be 48000 right? I interpret that as the nearest even thousand. That will be 283 words: DONE

I'm home, and I have 20 minutes to write 600 words and unpack the car: DONE

done! 10093 words written!!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:35 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

L+Z currently stands at 48,637 words.

Am crawling with @IcyFlame on this one for the...
Disney Crawl

The sun is rising over the savannah and Simba is being presented in 10 minutes! I have to sprint for that long: DONE
And having written 326 words, I get there on time but I don't get a great seat. I have to sit by the monkeys and they're loud!

I leave Pride Rock and it's time for a nap. I climb a tree and write 100 words: DONE

Before I can really get any rest, the ground shakes and it's time for dawn patrol! I follow behind Colonel Hathi's tiny son and write 400 words: DONE

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:53 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

Oops. Forgot to update this!

I come to a heavily wooded area where I'm distracted by the antics of gorillas who lead me to a human camp! The gorillas decide to do some smashing of things. I roll a 12, so I break 12 dishes and may be the new leader! I also have to write to the nearest 1000: DONE

As I break my last dish, I spot a rabbit! And the rabbit is wearing a waistcoat! The rabbit darts into a hole so I follow and fall
for a long time
and have to write for 20 minutes: DONE

As I fall a young boy tells me to think of a wonderful thought. Then follow me. Second star to the right and straight on till morning. I think of a mermaid lagoon, so I have to write 500 words: DONE

DONE!! 2448 words written!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:28 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

L+Z currently stands at 53,496 words.
I started the beyond 50k crawl and wrote over 3000 words (don't actually know because I had to change some things around and delete a scene and re-do it...) but I'm abandoning it for now because the challenges are long and I need short and easy to finish this novel!! It's beyond time!

12 Level Dungeon Crawl

The way this works is there are 12 levels. Each level I write 100 words and then roll 2 six-sided dice to defeat the monster. If I roll a high enough number, I defeat the monster and go to the next round. If I don't roll a high enough number, I write 100 more words and try again, and keep repeating this until I get a high enough number.

Level One - Mummy (need to roll at least 1)
100 words: DONE
Roll: 5, Mummy defeated.

Level Two - Ghoul (need to roll at least 2)
Roll: 7, Ghoul defeated!

Level Three - Horror clown (need to roll at least 3)
Roll: 6, Horror clown defeated!!

Level Four - Weregoat (need to roll at least 4)
Roll: 3, lost :(
Roll: 9, Weregoat defeated!!!

Level Five - Werewolf (need to roll at least 5)
Roll: 2, lost :(
I'll pick it up here next time!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:22 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Another try at the werewolf!
Roll: 8, Werewolf defeated!!!!!!!

Level six - Vampire Lord (need to roll at least 6)
Roll: 6, Vampire lord defeated

Level seven - Necromancer (need to roll at least 7)
Roll: 10, Necromancer defeated

Level eight - Insect hivemind (need to roll at least 8, and I must write my words in 5 minutes or less)
Roll: 6, lost :(

I'll be back to fight another day!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:24 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Another try at the hivemind!
Roll: 10, Hivemind defeated

Level nine - Zombie dragon (need to roll at least 9)
Roll: 4, lost :(
Roll: 7, lost again :( :(
Roll: 10, ZOMBIE DRAGON DEFEATED

Ask a Therapist!

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:19 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Spoiler! :
you are NAILING THIS!!! Argh I need to get back into writing but I can't stop reading DCBS xD

<3

1162 Reviews

Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:41 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

@IcyFlame ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
Writing in 100 word bursts helps!! Although itโ€™s going to be paused again because Iโ€™m doing some re-reading to get Lizโ€™s voice back because Iโ€™ve also been spending too much time in DCBS and the ending of L+Z is killing me.
โ€œI canโ€™t stop reading DCBSโ€ ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:06 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Level ten - Medusa (need to roll at least 10)
Roll: 7, lost :(
Roll: 4, lost again :(
Roll: 2, lol lost again :(
Roll: 9, so close!! :(
Roll: 7, and another loss :(
Roll: 9 again :(

OKAY MEDUSA. BE DIFFICULT.

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:30 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

Oh and oop I stopped working on L+Z for now because the ending is a whole mess and it's far from what I want it to be overall and it needs some more think time!
So I've started working on a new draft of When I Was Anna that's totally changing that story up because I'm excited about it and I think I have a good vision of what needs to happen. Once I get my feedback back from betas reading Dark Corners, I'll pause Anna and start working on Dark Corners again because I am readyyy to dig into those edits!!

Another day of fighting Medusa!
Still need to roll at least 10

Roll: 5 :(
Roll: 3 :(
Roll: 6 :(
Roll: 11, MEDUSA DEFEATED

Level 11 - Fifty-headed hydra (need to roll at least 11)
Roll: 10 :( SO CLOSE THOUGH
Roll: 10 :( AGAIN
Roll: 7 :(
Roll: 9 :(
Roll: 3 :(
Roll: 3 again :(
Roll: 10 SO CLOSE :(
Roll: 10 AGAIN! where were all these 10s when I was battling medusa, huh? :(
Roll: 9 :(

...this is going to take me a while

Ask a Therapist!

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki