Young Writers Society

Carlito is Noveling

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:31 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

@Holysocks thank you đź’śđź’ś

This week hasn't been quite as strong of a writing week but I'm going to play catch up as best I can today!

We're up to 2696/4500 words, which means 1804 words to go

I'm going to channel NaNo Hail Mary Weekend energy and take today 1300 words at a time (because that's my new daily goal) and I will be finishing this crawl and starting a new one today!

Goal one 2823/4500: DONE

4223/4500: DONE

4500/4500: DONE

4500 words exactly, which means I am DONE with this crawl, won cutthroat kitchen, and wrote a whopping 20,342 words!!!
(that's the second most words i've ever written in a crawl!!!)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:36 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

word count is currently 29,702
next up...

8d20 Challenge

This challenge is very simple. I will roll a 20-sided die eight times. Whatever number I roll, is how the number of minutes I have to write!

Roll 1: 6
6 minutes: DONE

Roll 2: 1
1 minute: DONE

Roll 3: 4
4 minutes: DONE

Roll 4: 10
10 minutes: DONE

Roll 5: 14
14 minutes: DONE

Roll 6: 15
15 minutes: DONE

Roll 7: 3
3 minutes: DONE

Roll 8: 18
18 minutes: DONE

This was fun!! And those sprints added up to 2142 words written!! Not too shabby :)

Ask a Therapist!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

1162 Reviews

Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:37 am
Carlito says...

word count is currently 31,844
next up...

Apocalypse Crawl

The apocalypse is coming and I have to write 100 words to get prepared: DONE

I find a decent, well-secured shelter so I decide to stay put for a little while. I need to write for 30 minutes:
(I did 20/30 minutes and then forgot to finish and forgot to update this......)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:44 am
Carlito says...

Okay starting off with the last 10 minutes of staying put time: DONE

I'm under attack! Someone saw my food stash and now they're trying to steal from me! I have to write at least 150 words in 5 minutes to beat them: DONE! but I didn't get to 150.

Because I lost I have to write 50 words to regain some supplies: DONE

Okay I got away from the raiders and now I have to walk a while. An hour to be exact. And write for an hour: omg DONE. I broke it into chunks, but I did write for an hour!!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:48 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

I found a good area for the night but I don't want to stick around too long, so come morning (lookie there I'm even writing in the morning!) I have to find a new place to stay and write for ten minutes: DONE

I have to find a new permanent camp and make sure it's a good one! Word war for 20 minutes: DONE

To celebrate the new camp site, I have to write 500 words: started....

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:32 am
Carlito says...

still writing those 500 words... DONE

I have to fortify my camp and fight for the best supplies by writing 1000 words: DONE

Music raises morale during apocalyptic times, so I need to write for the length of a chosen song. I'll do a 4 minute sprint sine most songs are ~4 minutes: DONE

Oh no! The enemy heard my music and I have to fight them off in a 15 minute word war: DONE

Now I have to write 750 words while I wait for things to clear up:
584/750

Edit: ope and FINISHED on the next day! :)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:24 am
Carlito says...

Apocalypse crawl finished!! 5929 words written

When I Was Anna currently stands at a beautiful 37773 words!
next up....

Alice in Wonderland Crawl

I am Alice, sitting on a riverbank, reading about William I. His reign began in 1066, so I need to write 1066 words: DONE

I spot the White Rabbit and he's very late for an important date! His watch says 5 o'clock so I need to write for 5 minutes: DONE

I chase the White Rabbit and fall down, down, down into a rabbit hole. I have to write to the nearest 1000 (which for me will be 41 words lol): DONE, 39k!!

I get to the bottom and the White Rabbit goes through a tiny door I can't fit through. I have to drink the DRINK ME bottle, but now I'm small enough to fit through the door but too small to get the key on the table. I have to write 400 words while I work out a solution: i'm really close but i lost all momentum lol

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:15 am
Carlito says...

I am awake and ready to write!!
Let's finish those 400 words: DONE

A cookie marked "Eat Me" appears and so I eat it and grow so big I fill the entire room. I have to do a big 30 minute sprint: DONE

I'm crying so hard my tears fill the room, so I drink from the bottle again and sail through keyhole into Wonderland. I see the Dodo bird racing the caucus race to get dry, so I have to write to the nearest 100 until I'm dry. (For me that'll be 5 words lol): DONE

Tweedledum and Tweedledee block my path to tell me the story of The Walrus and the Carpenter. I have to choose, shoes, ships, sealing wax, cabbages, or kings.
I will choose... shoes?
I need to sprint to the nearest 1000 this time which will be 691 words: DONE

I come to the White Rabbits house, where I eat another one of those “EAT ME” cookies, growing so big that you fill the rabbit’s whole house. I have do another big sprint and write for 30 minutes: I forgot to keep track or set timers after the first 5 minutes, but I'm going to say I wrote for 14/30 minutes and I'll finish tomorrow!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:28 pm
Carlito says...

Finishing writing for 30 minutes: DONE

I eat a carrot and shrink down to the size of an insect so I have to do a tiny 5 minute sprint: DONE

oop never posted this earlier in the week.

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:48 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

My writing during the week has tapered off a bit which is fine! But I started my day watching some figure skating and now it's time to up this word count!

Goal today is to finish the Alice in Wonderland crawl and start another.

I meet a garden of enchanted flowers, who sing the song Golden Afternoon. I have to convince them I'm not a weed by writing for 10 minutes: DONE

A hookah smoking caterpillar asks who I am and gives me a piece of mushroom that returns me to my regular size. I have to write to the nearest thousand (for me, 525 words): DONE

You meet the Cheshire Cat, who directs you to the Mad Hatter, the March Hare, and the Dormouse at their Mad Tea Party. I have to sprint for 10 minutes and then for 6 because of the 10/6 on the Mad Hatter's hat.
10 minutes: DONE
6 minutes: DONE

A Very Merry Unbirthday to ME! I have to take my birthday month (July), the number associated (7), and multiply by 100 (700), and write that number of words: DONE

I get lost in the Tulgey Wood and have to write 100 words with zero errors: DONE! (every time I made an error I started the 100 words over which made this harder!!)

The Cheshire Cat appears again, directing me to the hedge maze where the Queen of Hearts wants me to play croquet with her. I have to write 500 words or OFF WITH MY HEAD: DONE

The Queen of Hearts puts me on trial and I have to write for 5 minutes while I think of a good case: DONE

I take a bite of the caterpillar’s mushroom so I grow big enough to yell at the Queen of Hearts. I have to roll a six sided die (4), multiply that by 100, and write that number of words (400): DONE

The queen of hearts sentences me to DEATH but I run throughout Wonderland to escape and find the doorknob and I have to write for 10 minutes: DONE

The doorknob convinces me it was all a dream and I wake up on the riverbank next to my sister! I get to take a nice long writing break now :)

.....this was done over a few days BUT STILL.

Alice in Wonderland crawl finished! 8555 words written!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:51 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

When I Was Anna currently stands at 46328 words.

I'm going to do a short, simple crawl....
Quota for the day Mini Crawl

MAYBE I'LL REALLY DO THE WHOLE THING IN ONE DAY. It's a Monday but the evening has barely begun.

Starting off nice and easy, I have to write 200 words in 10 minutes: DONE

Now I have a bit more of a challenge and have to sprint to 500 words as fast as I can: DONE

Cool down with a 250 word sprint: DONE

I have to take a deep breath and do a 50-headed hydra. That means 500 words in 5 minutes. I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DONE THIS I THINK ONCE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. Okay I'm hydrating up and going for it. DONE, 383 WHICH ISN'T THAT BAD OMG.
(after fixing typos: 390)

I have to write the remaining 110 words within 10 minutes: DONE

The last thing I need to do is a 3 digit challenge. My word count is currently 47894, so I'll need to write 894 words.
I'm leaving it here for tonight because I've hit my word count goal for the day and I need to go to bed! We'll write those 894 words (and some more) tomorrow :)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:44 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

894 words for the 3 digit challenge from yesterday:

which means the mini crawl is done!! 2467 words written!

When I Was Anna currently stands at 48795 words.
Let's try the...

The Avengers Crawl!!

The Tesseract is acting up and Director Nick Fury is on site to assess the situation. I have to write 500 words while he finds out how bad things are: DONE

After a flare from the Tesseract that turns out to be a portal, Loki injures several people and places others under his control. I have to do a 50-headed hydra (500 words in 5 minutes while this takes place): DONE (399!)

Car chase time! Maria Hill is told by Fury that Barton’s been compromised, and the chase after Loki starts. I have to sprint to the nearest 1000 (which will get me to 50k!!!):

It’s time to get a team together to retrieve the Tesseract. There’s a lot of tension involved in convincing everyone. I have to word war for 15 minutes while the team starts to gather on the helicarrier: to be finished tomorrow!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:45 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

IT'S A MARATHON WRITING WEEKEND

Finishing that 15 minute sprint: DONE

Loki threatens and intimidates a Chitauri, and I have to do a 3 digit challenge. That's an easy 150 words: DONE

Loki shows up to an event creates panic and chaos. He tells the assembled crowd to kneel and I have to write for 10 minutes: DONE
Since I didn't write at least 500 words, it takes more work to subdue Loki and I have to write an extra 200 words: DONE

Thor yanks Loki off the jet and the brothers argue, and then Iron Man shows up again, causing some destruction while the two fight it out. I have to write 500 words while it all gets worked out: DONE

Tony Stark and Bruce Banner are settling into the lab, the rest of the team chats, Fury starts theorizing about Loki, and Natasha interrogates Loki. I have to write for another 10 minutes and try to beat my last sprint total. (I think I wrote ~200 last time): DONE, and MORE than last time!

Explosions on the helicarrier and everyone’s on high alert! Tony is getting his suit, Natasha’s trying to keep Bruce calm, and everyone is scrambling to keep the helicarrier in the air. I need to write 500 words in 10 minutes: DONE, 414 so close!!
So I need to write an extra 100 words: DONE

Natasha and Clint are fighting, Loki’s tricking Thor into running into the cell, and everything looks like it’s going straight to hell. I need to do another 50 Headed Hydra while everybody tries to keep things together: DONE, 442!!! so close!! (439 after fixing typos)

Somewhere in all that chaos, Loki stabbed Coulson, and the team now gathers to mourn. It’s the calm before the storm… write 1,000 words as everyone takes the time to mourn: about half way there and this will be my stopping point for today!

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:25 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

MARATHON WRITING WEEKEND!! PART TWO!

Finishing those 1000 words: DONE

There's a standoff between Tony and Loki. While Tony threatens and Loki acts arrogant, I need to do another 3 digit challenge. Anna is at 53510, so I need to write 510 words: DONE

It’s final battle time. While the Avengers get their act together and finally start fighting like a team, I can write for an hour or 3% of my total word count. I'll do the 3% which will be 1621 words: DONE

As the Chitauri fall, the team waits to see Tony come back through the portal, and he does, but he’s coming down fast. I have to write 100 words as the Hulk catches him: DONE

Loki crawls out of his hole and the Avengers are ready and waiting for him. The fight is over and Loki lost. I have to sprint to 500 words while Thor takes a cuffed and muzzled Loki and the Tesseract back to Asgard: DONE

BONUS: Shawarma! (what does this even mean??) Anyway, I have to word war for 10 minutes: DONE

Avengers crawl complete!! 7777 words written and wow that is the most satisfying pattern yet <3

Words written so far today: 3718 :)

Ask a Therapist!

1162 Reviews

Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:31 am
View Likes
Carlito says...

MARATHON WRITING WEEKEND!! PART THREE! (even though it's still saturday)

When I Was Anna currently stands at 56572.
Instead of starting a new crawl I'm going to do my own challenge!!

The Three Digit Challenge
This is very simple. A three digit challenge is when you take the last three digits of your total word count, and write that number of words.

Ten is a nice round number, so I'm going to do this 10 times and see what happens!

Round 1, 572 words: DONE

Went way over so Round 2, 448: DONE

Round 3: 889: over halfway but I'm going to stop for the day because I've made a ton of progress today! Onwards tomorrow for the final day of my marathon writing weekend!

Ask a Therapist!

I don't care what the miserable excuse is for showing the death of books, live, on screen. Men, I could understand; but books! -
— Edwin Morgan, From the Video Box 2