z

Young Writers Society

Weird story idea about goblins

105 Reviews

Reviews: 105
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:46 pm
momonster says...

I had an idea for a story. It's kinda...odd. Magical goblins that are slaves to the humans, drive hover-cars and live in pretty much NYC times 500. OK? We have our main character, Chauri, and his fiance, Kori, and he is free. He worked his whole life, made it to the allotted time needed, and now he's free. Now he is trying to earn enough money to leave the city with Kori. Kori has almost reached the time needed to be freed. The goblins (who prefer to be called elves) also have this rebirth/suicide thing called, "Abandonment", and I'm thinking the stress got too much for Kori and Abandoned herself. That's all I have so far. What do you think? w
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
Romans 6:14 NIV

never apologize for standing up for what you believe in.

previously MomoandAppa, LordMomo, MomoMajesty, and dancingontheclouds

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:07 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

It's kinda...odd.

Odd stories are my jam so let's take a look here!

I'm gonna start off with a couple of questions to clarify some things first...
Do the humans or goblins drive hover cars?
When you say 'NYC times 500' do you mean times 500 in size, population, time period? Just looking for some more details :)

You say you have your main character, is he a goblin?

And Kori abandons herself, what exactly does that entail? Does that mean she has to start fresh in terms of her working? Or does she continue with the time she had left? Is she still the same goblin? What's the benefit to abandonment?

105 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:33 pm
momonster says...

@IcyFlame the goblin/elves drive the hover cars. This city is absolutely ginormous, so bigger buildings squished together, billions of people, and I have some sort of idea that no one has ever actually left the city and there's some sort of conspiracy the the king and queen (yes, the city is so big it has a form of government) are hiding something from them, which they are.

Chauri is a elf, yes.

Like I said, it's kind of a rebirth/ suicide, but no one knows for sure. The theory for reincarnation is you don't know that you're reincarnated. There isn't really a benefit to it, just starting your life over and leaving this hard one behind.

Thanks for asking! :D
For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.

1487 Reviews

Reviews: 1487
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:38 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

Ooh ok thanks for clarifying!

So would your plot be something along the lines of Chauri trying to find Kori again in her new incarnation? I think you could have a lot of fun with this one. I'm kind of picturing a cross between NYC and one of those medieval fayre type things. Do you plan to have other mythical creatures in there too?

The worldbuilding opportunities would be great!

105 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:47 pm
momonster says...

My idea was that Chauri's goal is to get enough money to bribe the guards of the city to let him and Kori leave. I'm not sure i there are other fantasy creatures there, but that does sound cool!

He knew that elbow.
— soundofmind