z

Young Writers Society

Looking for a Novel Buddy!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:53 pm
Nymeria says...

Hey all! Hopefully this is the right place to post this :)

I am currently working on a novel that is a modern YA retelling of Hamlet, and I’m very proud of myself for making it 60k words into a first draft with only about a quarter (or third?) of the story left to go. I’m very motivated to finish this draft and do some hardcore editing and revising (it’s very rough).

I want to find someone who is also working on a novel so that we can read each other’s stuff and bounce ideas off each other and motivate each other. I just said “each other” way too many times.

Does that sound good to anyone?

I don’t really care what your novel is about, I’ll read pretty much anything! (Though I might struggle through a story that is strictly romance).

My Hamlet project contains some violence and mentions of suicide (because it’s Hamlet lol) and LGBT+ themes.

Okay, I guess that’s all I have to say... This feels kinda awkward haha.

Let me know if you’re interested!

Nymeria
“You do know you could find yourselves charged with being a dominant species while under the influence of impulse-driven consumerism, don’t you?”
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:09 pm
View Likes
Euphory says...

Hiii, Euphoria here!

There are multiple reasons I would love to work with you!: one, I'm always meaning to read Shakespeare's plays more often so collabbing with you would mean I have a wonderful excuse to read Hamlet! Second, it's been a while since I wrote anything BIG so I'd love to get back into the novel game!

Your novel seems really awesome so far eeeeeee and I have no objections to it! Mine is one I'm still prepping for and haven't started yet...I guess that would kinda make me ineligible XD I'm starting in November though for #NaNo ! (And my story isn't romance so don't worry!)

I think the only setback that I see would be the timezones <|3 so I would love to know your timezone, if you are okay with sharing it, so that I could see if I'm free at the time you are! I follow IST (Indian Standard Time)
Viola Tricolor also known as wild pansy, Johnny Jump up, heartsease, heart's ease, heart's delight, tickle-my-fancy, Jack-jump-up-and-kiss-me, come-and-cuddle-me, three faces in a hood, love-in-idleness, and pink of my john-

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:29 pm
Nymeria says...

Hi Euphoria! I think we could make this work ;) I'll PM you!
“You do know you could find yourselves charged with being a dominant species while under the influence of impulse-driven consumerism, don’t you?”
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau