z

Young Writers Society

Let's Hope We're Lucky

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:39 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Day eight! Back to the Word Crawl today!

Alright, let's get started! The next morning I wake up, relieved I pulled a successful prank. But, my prom is tonight! I gotta make sure my head, body, and shoes are perfect, right? So let’s do the Three Digit Challenge to make sure I'm dressed absolutely to perfection. If you’re grounded, we gotta sneak out again- sprint for ten minutes!

The last person to post in the Three Digit Challenge thread left me 787 words to write (unfortunately), so lets start!

So, I wrote 860 words. That's... a lot. I wanted to stop at a good point, though, so I did. Anyways.. I think that's all I'm going to do today, actually, since I wrote nearly a thousand words. I may write a bit without the crawl tonight, but I'll start with the prom tomorrow!

✨Snippet Of Session's Writing✨
Tony cleared his throat and pulled on the collar of his shirt, “I- I don’t know where to start. I ordered this DNA thing, this test, to see whether or not my dad was my dad, cause, you know, everyone’s saying I don’t look at all like him. Well, we- I got the results back and, surprise surprise, he isn’t my biological dad.”

“Where’s your real dad?” Mr. McGill said with a knowing look.

“Naples, It-” Tony started, but this time, Ya was the one who cut him off.

“Wait a minute, did you know this?” Ya asked. She was leaning forward in her seat, ready for the answer.

Mr. McGill went silent. Tony and Ya exchanged glances.

✨Word Counts and Other Things✨
Words This Session: 860
Total Words: 6,358
Traits: Good, Clumsy, Grumpy, and Hopeless Romantic
Money: $0
Lifetime Points: +200

142 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:21 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alright, I'm back after a four (five?) day hiatus! Let's get back to it. This is such a bad GIF but when I saw it I was just like "Oh wow that's horrible I have to use that" so now I'm using it.

Prom is poppin’ like it always is. Dancing, music, food, and hey, wait, is that my crush?! Well, I can’t let them get away, can I? I'm going to do a five minute word war as I rush over and try to flatter them with my non-existent charms.

- If I win, awesome! My crush is totally into you! +100 Lifetime Points!
- Quick! While hormones are raging, do a 100 word sprint! If I manage under 2 minutes, I've gotten your first kiss! +200 Lifetime Points!
- If I don’t, I've been ditched. Allow one of your characters to wallow in self-pity for five minutes. Or, sprint the five minutes.

OK, I wrote 203 words, meaning I won! Now, I must continue to flatter this person, who I shall name *opens name randomizer* *chooses first name* Marcel! That's actually a pretty decent name.

NINETY THREE WORDS. nINETY. tHREE. wORDS. Ugh, if I had just typed for five more seconds I would have gotten it, but nope. No kisses for me.

If you’re a Social Butterfly, Good, or Dramatic, you’ve been voted into the hall of Prom Royalty! Write leisurely for fifteen minutes while you wave to your loyal subjects. +200 Lifetime Points!

Alright. 216 words in fifteen minutes. Definitely not my best time but my sister decided to sit right next to me and try to peek over my screen while I was googling fatal car crashes so... yeah.

“Don’t get your hopes up just yet, boy. You’ll be flying across the Atlantic Ocean and several countries in a tiny turboprop that can barely hold a thousand pounds, not counting fuel. You’ll need to stay on the outskirts of cities because you know your sister will file a missing person’s report, Miss. Liu. There are so many things you need to consider.”

Tony stroked his chin, “We can do it if we leave during a night with a full moon.”

“Tonight’s a full moon,” Ya said. She looked at the giant smile growing on Tony’s face and quickly spoke again, “I should not have said that.”

“That’s it! We can leave tomorrow at, like, 2am!” Tony stood up and grabbed the notepad out of Ya’s hands.

Words This Session: 502
Total Words: 6870
Traits: Good, Clumsy, Grumpy, and Hopeless Romantic
Lifetime Points: +500

142 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:15 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Alright, time to write during math class because it is so slow and boring today. And, may I just say, this one GIF has plenty of story potential:

As prom night ends, so does my abnormally short high school career. I've made friends, enemies, I've been free and I've been grounded. Now I must do a thirty minute word war as you sit through your graduation. If you win, you are valedictorian. +400 Lifetime Points!

I won! OK, I wrote 517 and then went to Google to determine a number from 417 to 617, and I got 433 so... I wasn't really competing against anyone but I'm going to keep it.

My birthday party is exciting as ever! However, I have a ghost haunting my lot, so things are about to get a little intense. I have to try to write 300 words in 7 minutes. If I am successful, the ghost just picks up the microwave to judge my life choices before going home.

233 words... sigh. Well, now one of the sims in your house (family, friends, lover, acquaintance) is scared to death! OK so I looked back at the ghost thing and APPARENTLY I never had a ghost haunting my lot in the first place so... I wrote 233 words for not reason. Oof OK.

It’s time to age up! Goodbye adolescence, goodbye youth, you probably will not be missed. At least until the nostalgia hits with the bills. Word sprint to the nearest thousand (I'm at 7620 right now) to age up!

- Since I had 500 or more Lifetime Points, I can choose from these traits or any others (which I won't): Ambitious, Bookworm, Computer Whiz, Genius, Loner, Lucky

OK, I wrote 455 words! I'm going to choose the Genius trait! Honestly, looking down at my traits now, they basically describe me. Anyways, that's where the Word Crawl ends! I'll be starting Part Two soon!

“Well, I better be off, then! What time are we taking off?” Ya asked as she tied her shoes. She stood up and faced the two men.

“Take off is at 3:00am, so you better leave your house by two,” Mr. McGill said. He was still looking down at the papers on his desk, “Pack enough for two weeks.”

“Great,” Ya hesitated by the doorway for a moment before leaving, “See you tomorrow!”

“You too,” Mr. McGill and Tony said in unison.

Ya quickly went over to the Piper Cadet to stash her notebook and pen. She paused for a moment before looking to her left, where beyond the gate, the Beechcraft was parked. She sighed. It wouldn’t hurt to look at the plane one last time, would it?

Words This Session: 1205
Total Words: 8075
Traits: Good, Clumsy, Genius, Grumpy, and Hopeless Romantic
Lifetime Points: +900

~Part Two~

142 Reviews

Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:10 pm
looseleaf says...

Alright, I might (key word: might, lol) use this word crawl for my NaNo novel after NaNo officially ends. We'll have to see how motivated I feel to write.

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy